Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has he turned them down yet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is how I would approach the chat with the Chelsea owner. I would ask some questions:

What do you demand from this season? (I would expect the answer to be that final league position must be top 7; any club like Chelsea ‘not bothered’ would not be credible).

How do you want to see the Chelsea brand develop in terms of its ethics, sustainability and global appeal? (Here I expect their CEO to reveal the vision of development of talent, occasional Galactico signings but only on a ‘no dick head’ basis, plus a whole lot of stuff about Chelsea in the community, development squad, measured loanings, and perhaps a stadium upgrade; show they have been thinking sensibly).

What do you demand over the next five years in terms of (i) performance and (ii) trophies.

Can I appoint my coaching team (only one answer)?

Can I chair the recruitment team and have final decisions on signings and sales (within the club’s budget parameters of course). Only one answer…

Something about contract/money.

Where do I singe?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know what you mean.

Ironically, some nsc’ers (with a secret love for Pep’s sportswashers), thought it appalling in the summer that we made life difficult for them with Cucu.

“In future players and managers won’t want to sign for us”.

Nothing could be further from the truth, Bloom’s a gent, when the correct sum is paid.
He is a gent met him a couple of times outside of football. He’s big on loyalty and will be feeling let down today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it is just a reflection of what Bloom is about.
Look at the Cucu sale, the White sale too. He won't get in the way of anyone leaving if he believes it's what that person wants AND it's on our terms. If Chelsea have made it clear they'll pay us what we want for Potter et al, why get in the way of that?
In Bloom we trust. Wouldn't be surprised if he knows eaxctly who is coming in.

This.

When people on NSC start criticizing Bloom's business approach, ability to negotiate and ability to plan, I start to wonder how massive Truss' majority will be in 2 years. ****ing massive, sadly, it would seem.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Here is how I would approach the chat with the Chelsea owner. I would ask some questions:

What do you demand from this season? (I would expect the answer to be that final league position must be top 7; any club like Chelsea ‘not bothered’ would not be credible).

How do you want to see the Chelsea brand develop in terms of its ethics, sustainability and global appeal? (Here I expect their CEO to reveal the vision of development of talent, occasional Galactico signings but only on a ‘no dick head’ basis, plus a whole lot of stuff about Chelsea in the community, development squad, measured loanings, and perhaps a stadium upgrade; show they have been thinking sensibly).

What do you demand over the next five years in terms of (i) performance and (ii) trophies.

Can I appoint my coaching team (only one answer)?

Can I chair the recruitment team and have final decisions on signings and sales (within the club’s budget parameters of course). Only one answer…

Something about contract/money.

Where do I singe?

Surely the Chelsea owner would fail the “no dickheads” rule?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He is a gent met him a couple of times outside of football. He’s big on loyalty and will be feeling let down today.

But that is all he can do isn't it? Be true to himself, be a gent, get paid. He is loyal and expects loyaly, perhaps it's slightly naive but it makes him the man he is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My guess is that in football, unless you’re Mansour/Florentinio Perez/the murderer owning the Geordies, you have to get battle hardened that there’s loyalty in football. TB must be getting used to it by now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Potter must already know that. Maybe he’s actually on a scouting mission?

At one time I used to apply for a new job every couple of years. Went on interviews and everything. Italy, France, Germany, Canada, America. It would have been rude to not do so, after being asked......

Been in the same job for 33 years. :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I assume this is rubbish. But I hope not.

f11d8e1d0356d4871b011afa65e4f83a.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Will he be feeling let down though? Very disappointed but he will have been expecting, and of course planning for, this to happen. He'd have been let down if he made a sideways move for sure, but not a move to a big club

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The more I think about it, the more I think that Potter HAD to speak to Chelsea once they’d approached the club. I think the club automatically gave Potter permission as they would do with any manager if a Big Six came knocking, it might even be a contractual condition.

Bloom is big on loyalty as you say, Potter will surely be handsomely rewarded if he turns Chelsea down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally I think he's good enough to wait for City, Liverpool or Bayern. We'll see ???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I remember a few weeks ago, Potter said in some interview that we need to enjoy the now, as things can change in football. How prophetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here