Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has New Labour cronyism saved the Albion?

Curious Orange said:
Didn't they already have their council tax hoiked to pay for their anti-Falmer campaign?
Lewes District Council, like any local planning authority, has a budget for its planning activity.

There's no particular evidence that the costs they incurred in opposing Falmer made any significant difference to the level of Council Tax charged by the District Council. The Council has a total budget of over £10 million a year. They budgeted to spend about £60,000 opposing Falmer (Source:- Report to the LDC Cabinet, 12 March 2003). This is less than 1 per cent of total spending - equivalent to about £1 per year for a Band D household.

Falmer Parish Council, on the other hand, are charging Band D properties in Falmer parish about £230 a year more than they would if they weren't opposing the Stadium.

Obviously any spending by the District Council in opposing the Albion's planning application could be put to better purposes. That's what we need to be arguing when we get down to opposing them spending money on a Judicial Review.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I shall endeavour to find out who my councillor is for Newhaven and make sure he knows exactly what my feelings are on the matter.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here