Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed, palace/mother in law dilemma

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal. We aren't around on the actual day.So even though I told her it's CRYSTAL PALACE she's adamant it doesn't matter as its ONLY a football match. Any advice will be v much appreciated as if I wasnt to be at the meal the threat of a bedroom action ban is likely to happen!!!! OVER TO THE GOOD FOLK OF NSC.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal.
I can't see the problem. As long as it's a late meal, you can sit down to eat when you get home from the match (which kicks of early right?). If your choice was match or meal, and there was no alternative, the choice has to be match. Seriously, if you had to pick one day this year that you couldn't possibly miss, that would be it. If your partner doesn't understand that she's being quite selfish. Be very flexible on alternative times, but missing the match is not an option.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So the wife has only gone and invited her mother for a late mothers day meal. We aren't around on the actual day.So even though I told her it's CRYSTAL PALACE she's adamant it doesn't matter as its ONLY a football match. Any advice will be v much appreciated as if I wasnt to be at the meal the threat of a bedroom action ban is likely to happen!!!! OVER TO THE GOOD FOLK OF NSC.

Upgrade your tickets to 1901 and invite your MIL. Your wife and MIL get their Mothers Day meal and you get to be fed, see the game and some post match bedroom action.

Sorted.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I can't see the problem. As long as it's a late meal, you can sit down to eat when you get home from the match (which kicks of early right?). If your choice was match or meal, and there was no alternative, the choice has to be match. Seriously, if you had to pick one day this year that you couldn't possibly miss, that would be it. If your partner doesn't understand that she's being quite selfish. Be very flexible on alternative times, but missing the match is not an option.

Good point, the match is a 12:00pm kickoff. Put sleeping pills in their drinks and change all of your clocks to run 3 hours slow.

Sorted.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Remind your other half that you are a man and storm off to get drunk.

Don't even f***ing think about binning the Albion for a shepherds pie and tender love.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton

Unfortunately this isn't an option as the MIL works Sunday evenings and I'm a 2 hr trip from home from the AMEX

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What time is the "late" Mothers' Day meal? Can you squeeze in both, as a compromise? You'd be back from the Amex around, what, 4.30-5pm? If no compromise, such as this, is possible, then I'm afraid mother-in-law wins. Can you afford to insult both the mother-in-law AND the wife?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Kick her in the $unt.

This just made me laugh out loud. A lot. A lot of things on here make me smile but that has just killed me.

Bravo:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately this isn't an option as the MIL works Sunday evenings and I'm a 2 hr trip from home from the AMEX
So tell her no. You'll do it on another day. 'Any' other day. If you decide to ignore the advice on here, and miss the game, please go away and don't come back.

Dec 29, 2011
If she doesn't realise how important this is to you, and really can't make an exception this one time, you need to have serious words. She see's it as "just another match" and thinks you're being selfish for even considering going, try to explain how important this is to you and re-arrange for Saturday night or Monday evening.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you let her dominate you over this issue then you will gradually have everything that matters to you eroded until you are little more than a hollow man totally unable to do anything without her permission.
She's threatened a bedroom ban, fine. Tell her if she doesn't rearrange the dinner then you will move into the spare room until the next Palace game.
There are times in life when you have to stand tall and be a MAN. This is one of those times.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
How about telling her that this is one match you really do want to see, and that you are willing to treat her and her mother to a lovely lunch in town? Or else, explain about the importance of the match, and arrange MIL's dinner for another day?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If you let her dominate you over this issue then you will gradually have everything that matters to you eroded until you are little more than a hollow man totally unable to do anything without her permission.
She's threatened a bedroom ban, fine. Tell her if she doesn't rearrange the dinner then you will move into the spare room until the next Palace game.
There are times in life when you have to stand tall and be a MAN. This is one of those times.

This with bells on. You have been planning the palace game (or in fact any home game) since the fixtures came out; she can't expect you to cancel these plans at the last minute.

Shrug your shoulders at the threat of any bedroom action ban - it'll be her loss as much as yours (women love sex too). Giving in to such a threat will just give her your testicles on a plate for the rest of your marriage. Besides, your indifference to such a threat will makes her think/realise that you can probably get it elsewhere if you wanted, and she'll make more of an effort in the wife department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here