Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hopefully the end of Connolly

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The more I think about it the more I can’t believe the OP, it has 16 thumbs up as well.

Whether or not Connolly is good enough at this stage of his career, just how much of a shit stain do you have to be to hope it’s the end of a 20 year old striker rushed into the first team? Absolute waffle.

Agreed. Although a lot was said in the heat of Sunday afternoon. A lot of it letting off steam.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All four of Connolly's goals in the Premier League have gone past the goalkeeper's left hand. So maybe that's the only type of goal he is capable of scoring at this level.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great if he scored some goals but biggest problem nothing else to his game. In the few minutes Ali has played he has laid on more goal scoring opportunities then Connelly

Is that the same Ali J who 95% of NSC think is shitehouse? ???

(I don't, incidentally).

Worth bouncing this thread to remind NSC that the OP is a serial weapons-grade tool.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Shame on every single moderator who has allowed this thread title to remain.

Do the decent thing FFS.

Jimmy Grimble

I’ll add my name to the pile who think it’s ridiculous that this thread title has still not been edited by a moderator.

Poor form.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’ll add my name to the pile who think it’s ridiculous that this thread title has still not been edited by a moderator.

Poor form.

Adding my name as well.

What are the mods even doing if not to get rid of disgraceful thread titles like that?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have never been that convinced with Connolly as a finisher. He seems to have one "type" of finish that he is comfortable with, dropping in side and bending to the far corner (Tottenham last season, Burnley last season, Newcastle this for example). His running and movement is useful, so it really is a test of his appetite to improve and the coaches/finishers around the club to help get better..
Have to agree the lad can’t put his foot through the ball or head a ball unfortunately.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Have to agree the lad can’t put his foot through the ball or head a ball unfortunately.

His second against Tottenham and his goal at Burnley firmly disagree with you. And there's nothing unfortunate about those facts.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

And that’s different to any of the rest of our attackers how?

Experienced Welbeck has missed huge chances for us in his last few games, Maupay looks scared to shoot, Trossard who once looked lethal in front of goal now looks like his legs are made of play dough.

All our attackers are suffering a massive confidence crisis.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
And that’s different to any of the rest of our attackers how?

Experienced Welbeck has missed huge chances for us in his last few games, Maupay looks scared to shoot, Trossard who once looked lethal in front of goal now looks like his legs are made of play dough.

All our attackers are suffering a massive confidence crisis.

Says a lot about their character then, if only we had someone on the coaching staff to support and advise them and to boost their confidence.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Says a lot about their character then, if only we had someone on the coaching staff to support and advise them and to boost their confidence.

Doesn’t matter what happens on the training ground, when it’s widely known that your team has created lots of chances in games and has the worst conversion rate in the league it’s going to ruin confidence until you start putting the ball in the back of the net.

Just to clarify as well, I’m not saying our strikers are good enough if we want to progress to being a top half team the we need a top class striker. Connolly isn’t ready, Welbeck has never in his career been a consistent performer and Maupay I think there is clearly a bigger issue with, I can’t believe the way his form has declined this season.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I believe all our stikers would be good enough for us to climb a couple of places if they scored from some of the chances given, just hope it turns quickly and confidence floods back.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Anyone that thinks AC should be consistent every game should know there is a lot to developing and it don't happen over a season.

When he is on form (Liverpool H) he is brilliant but when out of form (Sheffield H) you get rubbish.

The on form signs look promising and he can give the best defence a horrible hour and half getting in behind and dragging them all over the back line.

Time will tell but the signs do look promising for me. He was banging them in for the U23's so he definitely has it in his locker.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Great diver though, if football doesn't work maybe theres a career in that for him :lolol:

I really want it to work out for him, maybe a loan move will do him good........ it didn't do Harry Kane any harm!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There are clubs where they love to see home-grown kids come through the youth system and give them all the support they need, understanding that young players are not the finished article.

There are others where nothing a home-grown player does can ever be good enough, because the fans think that only a big fee is any form of validation. They get on their back for any mistake, even if that player has scored goals at every level and it's surely only a matter of time before he relaxes and starts banging them in for the first team. .

Just saying.

the divide between entitled and normality

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is the first time I have opened this thread (and I have only read a handful of posts immediately above) because my initial reaction was of the 'good grief' variety.

It would be unfair of me to not suggest that this thread is a contender for most ****ish thread of the decade given my previous comments on other such threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here