Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] how good are we, actually?

I agree that the high line has 'worked' in the sense we get a number of offsides in our favour...but a good opposition get loads of chances to practise breaking through it.. and they will.
We are often on the halfway line... it's madness, fast strikers can just run from their own half.
Indeed. While posting in the match thread once we concede the 1st I simply couldn't type 2 or 3 words before Chelsea were through on goal again! It happened around 6 times in about 10 mins and if it wasn't for offsides and hitting the post we could of conceded literally 6 goals in those 10 mins.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although despite the scoreline, it flattered Villa. RDZ came out and apologised to the fans saying it was not a Brighton performance and we'll see the real Brighton back next week.
We didn't though, really. Dry humped by Roma, and RDZ sulked out the season. We're still a good team - the only team for me - but £200M better than last season? Hmmmm................................

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Indeed. While posting in the match thread once we concede the 1st I simply couldn't type 2 or 3 words before Chelsea were through on goal again! It happened around 6 times in about 10 mins and if it wasn't for offsides and hitting the post we could of conceded literally 6 goals in those 10 mins.
None of their goals came from the high press. None.
Two terrible passes, an individual error and a soft penalty. I would agree if all the goals came from through balls beating the high line, but they just didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here