Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How HAPPY are you with this transfer window?

How HAPPY are you with this transfer window?

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It was very clear that we were after Gonzalez and Nunez, both of whom we missed out on. Re Nunez we seem to have dithered around thinking Benfica would 'fold' when they clearly haven't

If either of these two had been landed by another bottom-half / mid table PL club I’d share the overall frustration, but they haven’t, so far.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Massive let down with the striker again

Destined for another struggle .

Words it top 10 very hollow if not investing in the area it matters

Disappointing but will get over it by the next game

Risky strategy

Was hoping would see a bit more short term ambition

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
4/5 for our outgoing business, we shifted a lot of players who hadn't worked out or whose time was past or who would benefit from regular games to develop. Only problem is not being able to move Locadia, but that's hardly a great surprise.
3/5 for our incoming at this moment we're at least one striker short and another squad option at around right wing back/defensive mid/ centre back would have helped in a long season or if injuries start to mount. Like the look of Mwepu ad Cucurella and i reckon we've got at least one good future option among the others

4/5 for our putgoing business? It's been brilliant - the only thing that stops it being a 10 is the fact that - unsurprisingly, as you pointed out - they haven't managed to shovel DJ Strollabout out of the door!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
5 - some good business out - pleased to have finally addressed the left wing back situation and competition for Solly - unforgivable not to sign a striker ready to play…

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Slightly surprised at the suggestion we’ve not shown the “ambition” to retain Bissouma. I’m assuming a contract extension can be announced at any time and not just within the transfer window? It’s perfectly possible there have been talks already but things have been on hold just in case we were made an offer we couldn’t refuse. Just doesn’t feel like anything worth worrying about just yet. Perhaps if there’s no move after January but not now.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Happier than I should be only because I completely lost faith a while ago in us ever finding the striker and had no expectations.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Another 5 from me (though think I accidentally voted 2!) - maybe that’s prophetic.

Theoretically we should be stronger anyway than last season as GP and the players will have benefitted from more time working together and the boss should really know who’s an in and who’s an out.

Wellbeck could be the wild card and has the ability to hit a run of form to complement Maupay, though yes Connolly has to be a concern as like many others have mentioned on NSC, he just looks out of his depth at this level. Hardly a failure when you consider how overjoyed any youngster would be to get a pro contract at ANY LEVEL.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only a 3. Getting Cucrella in and (hopefully) keeping Bis is great, but.....

Going the season with only Maupay, Wellbeck and Connolly fills me with dread. Would love to be proved wrong.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Kept Biss.
Mwepu brought in (making it more palatable when Biss goes next summer).
Finally got a natural left sided wing back.
Strengthened our goalkeeping depth.

Happy.

This. Based on what you said, who the hell gives this window a 1 or a 2? Explains a lot of the comments on here and Twitter. Potty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wondering if the club finances are so bad (or expected to worsen this coming Winter), that it’s the reason we havnt improved the availability of players up front ….if we had three that, one you could reasonably assume would start the majority of games and secondly were experienced then with our style of play just maybe it wouldn’t be an issue (although it was last year), but we only have one that you’d think will play and has some experience (and that’s limited)…one who will make what fifty percent of games and then a badly out of form novice…..hope the defence has a good season.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I reckon Bloom ran his starlizard algorithms and concluded last season was an aberration for us in terms of performance vs results. Why else would he target a top 10 finish (and specifically say next season) before the transfer window had even opened? Because of this he's unwilling to get add another striker if they don't match the transfer criteria.

It obviously places a huge amount of faith in Potter to deliver, we'll see if it pays off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
unforgivable not to sign a striker ready to play…

Frustrating but not unforgivable. You can't sign players that don't want to sign or negotiate with clubs when valuations are too far apart. Some of the comments on this thread and the other similar ones are frankly delusional. If there was a suitable forward who wanted to join at the terms the club were prepared to offer plus their current club was prepared to sell / had their own replacements lined up, then I'd imagine we would have done the deal.

Just wishing these all circumstances existed doesn't mean they actually do. I'm sure quite a few clubs would have liked to buy Biss this window; the fact that he is still here suggests nobody was prepared to meet our valuation and / or he didn't fancy going. Or should we just cough him up because somebody else wants him? Because that is how some people seem to think transfers work. Maybe they do on computer games :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

We had one position we had to fill as the top priority. We failed.

Still, a few hours left…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong.

We started the window with 8 forwards and no fit full backs. We've signed a very, very good full back who can also push up.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

We have taken a step backwards replacing White with Duffy, and failed to address the most obvious area of our squad stopping us from becoming a top 10 side. There’s no guarantees of course, but it would’ve been nice to try!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here