NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IMG_1782.jpeg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Only half of people under mandatory evacuation order heeded evacuation order.

Major flooding being reported on coast

IMG_1297.jpeg

Now downgraded to a Category 2, so slowing down.

The worst impacts of hurricanes can often be storm surges from the sea and flooding from bands of rain rather than winds so worst to could be to come at high tide. It was a fast moving storm in the coastal areas so hopefully so floods from rain won’t be as severe as predicted.

It missed a direct hit on Tallahassee fortunately.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
There is a very serious storm in Florida right now.

Hurricane Helene likely to hit Florida tonight as Category 4 storm: Live updates​

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. − Hurricane Helene strengthened into a Category 3 storm with sustained winds of 125 mph Thursday and may just reach the next level as it roars toward landfall and possible devastation along Florida's Gulf Coast.

The National Hurricane Center, which at its 2 p.m. ET update (6:00 p.m. UK) had reported Helene's sustained winds as high as 110 mph − just shy of Category 3 status − tweeted about a 10 mph increase 25 minutes later.

At 5 p.m.,(9 p.m. UK) the center issued an even more dire advisory, saying: "It seems likely that Helene will be at or very near Category 4 strength when it makes landfall in the Florida Big Bend this evening."

The Florida Big Bend is just below Tallahassee, the Florida state capital.

Are those motorists actually driving 😬

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just heard from my brother that the Zeberdians in Georgia are without power (which could be for days) and rivers are rising as Atlanta has more than 9 inches of rain..

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just had word from Atlanta, Georgia - my brother-in-law’s brother and his kids are ok thank goodness. They said there’s very heavy rain and winds but they are safe. My niece and fiancé were due to fly in from Vancouver last night to visit them but all flights into and out of Atlanta are grounded. People are saying Helene is the worst storm to hit the Gulf coast in modern history.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Press conference from South Carolina Governor McMaster. He does things a bit different than when Nikki Hailey was governor there.

EDIT: I believe Governor McMaster said they have never had this many power outages as they have had with this storm ever before.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here