Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i have utmost respect for train drivers as well as pilots

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
In my experience, anyone who studies accountancy at uni fails to become an accountant anyway. The degree is no preperation at all to qualify fully or actually work

The one person that I know who graduated last year from my uni (same degree) was saafend_seagull and he is working with Ernst & Young.
3 of my friends this year are on a placement with: BAE Systems, Reeves and Neylan and Pfizer, 2 of which are offering them full time jobs as accountants when they graduate.
The degree is SOME preparation for actual work (the theory behind it) but of course it's no substitute for hands on experience. If the degree had no value to students whatsoever, there would not be such a degree. I have learned a stupid amount about accounting and finance since I started and the theory behind it will almost certainly help me next year when i'm working for an accounting/auditing firm.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Hilarious. Women always blame men for their self image problems. Look at the magazines you lot read. All edited by women who critisize other womwn, circle of shame and all that Heat bollocks.

All the fashion mags are full of skinny WOMEN. Mostly edited by WOMEN . You are the ones who constantly compare themselves to each other and complain that this is wobbly or that is saggy.

Men may like to look at fit womwn but no dif to women fawning over brad Pitt et al.

The whole idea of skinny, supermodel like women as an ideal is invented and perpertrated by women so don't go blaming us men folk 'cos you lot aren't happy with yourselves.

Women get upset because you are weak of spirit.

I don't read magazines for that very reason. I only end up hating myself. You are right Nib. My apology goes out to all men. They should be grateful that women still have the confidence to get undressed.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't read magazines for that very reason. I only end up hating myself. You are right Nib. My apology goes out to all men. They should be grateful that women still have the confidence to get undressed.

I am calm again. Apologies for the passionate retort thingy!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
The one person that I know who graduated last year from my uni (same degree) was saafend_seagull and he is working with Ernst & Young.
3 of my friends this year are on a placement with: BAE Systems, Reeves and Neylan and Pfizer, 2 of which are offering them full time jobs as accountants when they graduate.
The degree is SOME preparation for actual work (the theory behind it) but of course it's no substitute for hands on experience. If the degree had no value to students whatsoever, there would not be such a degree. I have learned a stupid amount about accounting and finance since I started and the theory behind it will almost certainly help me next year when i'm working for an accounting/auditing firm.

From what I have seenn getting a placement is not the problem. Most graduates (not all) seem to think they have done the hard part by getting a degree, and don't realise the work required to fully qualify. In my case, uni was a piece of piss compared to qualifying whilst working. I did not study accountancy at uni btw

Good luck anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

A very fair point Gina. Although there will always be women that are willing to get undressed. Preferably those who take exquisite care of themselves and have large breasts.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
From what I have seenn getting a placement is not the problem. Most graduates (not all) seem to think they have done the hard part by getting a degree, and don't realise the work required to fully qualify. In my case, uni was a piece of piss compared to qualifying whilst working. I did not study accountancy at uni btw

Good luck anyway.

Those accountancy skills are very useful for counting up the end of Saturday carnage or whose round it is.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I work for a firm of chartered accountants in London. We have just had our intake of new graduates. We may be geeky, but the fresh faced lasses include a significant number of hotties.

Back to the main theme of this thread. Train drivers are c*nts. They get paid too much to do a piss easy job that requires very little skill. They don't have a stressful job. They don't have to take their work home with them. They have big unions protecting them from market forces and the real world. They're bloody lucky. I guess that I am sypathetic to them in one sense. Whereas half cut pilots may have the odd cabin crew pleaser to go down on them on the red eye whilst they sip whisky and let the sat nav guide them in, all that train drivers get is some old bloke or a screwed up no hoper school leaver pushing a trolley down the aisle. Mind you they probably like that. Weird little retards locked up in a cabin on there own with their wank mags. I f***ing hate them.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Back to the main theme of this thread. Train drivers are c*nts. They get paid too much to do a piss easy job that requires very little skill. They don't have a stressful job. They don't have to take their work home with them. They have big unions protecting them from market forces and the real world. They're bloody lucky. I guess that I am sypathetic to them in one sense. Whereas half cut pilots may have the odd cabin crew pleaser to go down on them on the red eye whilst they sip whisky and let the sat nav guide them in, all that train drivers get is some old bloke or a screwed up no hoper school leaver pushing a trolley down the aisle. Mind you they probably like that. Weird little retards locked up in a cabin on there own with their wank mags. I f***ing hate them.

Not your favourite people then? Interesting point on train drivers pay and I must admit it pisses me off big time that they get paid more than signalmen, But then again I like to think of it as not so much drivers being over paid but signalmen being under paid!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
It needs to know where it is as it tells the trains computer how many doors it can open at each station

Is it the SatNav that tells the station information signs how far away the train is, or is that done by a man in an office?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Look! You can actually go on Thomas the Tank Engine.

f***ing Brilliant!

apmw031.jpg

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Is it the SatNav that tells the station information signs how far away the train is, or is that done by a man in an office?

Thats information thats picked up from the signal box train describer system, Each train carries it's own ID number which is input by the signalman and then tracked by the train information system that relay's the information to stations if that makes any sense?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As most Victoria station users will know, there is a small time delay before the doors open when the train gets in.

Occasionally, we have a guard (are they still called that?), who announces over the intercom, that this is "Due to the satelite navigation system"

This MUST be a newbies wind-up surely ?

the best one of that is the fiasco at Portslade platform ( north bound - or east) whereby the back 6 carriages will not openb their doors as the "Satellite system" on the train tells it that the platform finishes 6 carriages from the back of the train.

TOTAL COCK! - so there is a mass scrum at the door half way up the platform because some rail electronics "expert" doesnt know how to fix it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

You forgot "being forced to retire early after diesel trains f***ed up their hearing" and "having to watch some saddo go splat on the line right in front of your eyes"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the best one of that is the fiasco at Portslade platform ( north bound - or east) whereby the back 6 carriages will not openb their doors as the "Satellite system" on the train tells it that the platform finishes 6 carriages from the back of the train.

TOTAL COCK! - so there is a mass scrum at the door half way up the platform because some rail electronics "expert" doesnt know how to fix it
My guess is that the SatNav system can be overridden but probably isn't because the unions won't have it. Safety issues you see. :tosser:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I'm sorry but the incredibly rare instances of seeing someone fall in front of a train does not deserve any additional pay or indeed any sympathy whatsoever. Train drivers today and tube drivers today have it easy. Tube drivers basic starting salary is around £35k. That is plenty for a job with little skill, no stress and no pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here