Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart...a bit of a tossbag?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was not meaning you Yorkie. If I had been meaning you I would have said: "funny how when Perseus says something you abuse him Yorkie"

Also, funny how when people posted negative messages after we beat Gillingham and Watford they were abused and slated for not being behind the team and being happy with a win. When Harty overshadows a good home win with scaremongering talk that undermines the Falmer bid he gets defended.???

Richie Morris said:
when Harty says something that is playing into the NIMBY's hands and undermining the great job that Perry and Knight are doing, he gets defended from all corners.???
Eh?

Almost everyone who has posted anything substantive on this thread has disagreed with Harty.

And you accuse us of defending him.

Might I suggest that you READ THE THREAD?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Ian Hart...a bit of a tossbag?

Repugnant Toad said:
These were the annoying parts for me. It was a complete non-issue anyway, marred the phone-in rather today.

When did the phone-in ever contribute anything meaningful to the Albion debate?

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Richie Morris said:
I was not meaning you Yorkie. If I had been meaning you I would have said: "funny how when Perseus says something you abuse him Yorkie"

Also, funny how when people posted negative messages after we beat Gillingham and Watford they were abused and slated for not being behind the team and being happy with a win. When Harty overshadows a good home win with scaremongering talk that undermines the Falmer bid he gets defended.???

Put the hand bag down and step away..............

Put the hand bag down and step away!!!!!!!!!!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Taylors Dummy said:
Put the hand bag down and step away..............

Put the hand bag down and step away!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you on about you absolute chicken nugget.

Lord B, I take your point about not everyone defending Harty. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the people who used the thread as a chance to have a pop at me were disgreeing with what I had said.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
Richie it seems your just like one of those old women in front of you in the queue. Moaning about how slow the queue is but not moving forward yourself but blaming those around you.

You obviously are so far up your own arse that you can't see when others are agreeing with you.

Yet again you are just attention seeking. When are you going to grow up?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So far up my own arse? Agreeing with me? Thats funny because I thought you have just been slagging me off but if you agree with me then thats fine and dandy.;)

LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Didnt she have a hit with Killing me softly?

:lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
Hardly throwing them about.

Funny though that when someone like Perseus says something that is not pro Falmer he gets abused and slated but when Harty says something that is playing into the NIMBY's hands and undermining the great job that Perry and Knight are doing, he gets defended from all corners.???

People are defending him over the fact that you are throwing insults calling him "a bit of a tossbag", not the content of the phone in for which most people here have disagreed as far as I can see. Although what do I know, I've just read people's posts :shrug:

Last edited:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
a contenious subject to get a phone in going surprise surprise
i did'nt listen but i bet it worked he caught you richie and why jump when he says we would have only got 6000 if we had the stadium, pure conjecture on his own personal point of view.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Can't be arsed reading all the thread but why yet another have a go at Harty thread ? he has to do a job and part of that is being controversial. He loves the Albion and is ok by me.

Richie Morris said:

Richie, the point is, before you started this unneccesarily abusive thread, you must have known Harty reads NSC and will read your comments. So why go out of your way to be offensive to him?

If you had phrased your comments in a generous and constructive manner, there is every chance that you might have a positive influence on him. There is an old saying that journalism is "an industry of errors", ie. it's an imperfect science by its very nature and that surely applies a hundredfold to unscripted phone-ins. I'm sure like any normal person, Harty would take notice of good, well-presented arguments.

But instead he is forced to read your playground epithets. I wouldn't blame Harty if he completely disregards anything you say, whether or not there is some well-founded criticisms lying underneath the keyboard-warrior prattle.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I gave up on the phone in. It would be nice from time to time to debate the match that just happened.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Everyone knows Harty is 100% behind Falmer and would defend it to his dying breath, like most on hear. Perry did not seem to be too hacked off with Harty and I think people are blowing things up a bit. It was just a bit of chit chat. Its not going to make a jot of difference to the decision.

Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he doesn't , like everyone but 99% of the time is totally positive and pro active for the success of this club.

Harty baiting is the new sport. Give the guy an even break.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Richie, the point is, before you started this unneccesarily abusive thread, you must have known Harty reads NSC and will read your comments. So why go out of your way to be offensive to him?

I dont think the comment 'a bit of a tossbag' is particularly offensive and Im sure that it is water off a duck's back as far as Harty is concerned.

People know I read NSC and they are far more offensive to me...
;)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
As a device for encouraging constructive debate the description of someone as "a bit of a tossbag" isn't the most effective way to kick things off. Not least because that's the sort of attitude that seems to permeate the phone-in!

But as it happens, I think the phone-in is far better when it deals with the match and Superphil's regular appearance is well worth a listen.

Where it works less well is when it tries to be "controversial". Not least because Harty cannot be impartial and you wouldn't expect him to be. He's a fan. Not a journalist. He also needs to keep the listener figures looking healthy to make sure the phone-in survives.

But taking a more controversial tack only works when homework has been done and facts uncovered FIRST. Yesterday's "shock" announcement about the £30m losses being a classic example. And it doesn't really work when there aren't any really SERIOUSLY controversial issues to be whipped up. There are serious issues to discuss especially right now during the Public Inquiry, but every single issue doesn't have to be treated like a battle between the club and the fans. Let alone the fans and the fans! Times have moved on since 1997 but sometimes, when I listen to the phone in, I wonder whether Ian has completely adjusted to this.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Harty baiting/slagging will live long and prosper on NSC all the time Lord Bracknell and his accolytes continue to orchestrate it, but as a former fanzine editor I know it comes with terriotory.
You boys should try getting out a bit more!

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
I always listen to the phone in and i often cringe at Hart,with friends like that who needs enemies?As for London Irish i suspect using big words makes him feel important and if he needs to do it to feel like he is above us then fine im just glad that most of us our secure enough to need not to do it.

Harty said:
Harty baiting/slagging will live long and prosper on NSC all the time Lord Bracknell and his accolytes continue to orchestrate it, but as a former fanzine editor I know it comes with terriotory.
You boys should try getting out a bit more!

That would be the Lord Bracknell who knows 10 times more about the planning process than you, would it? ???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
O'Reilly stuck his 2p in which pissed me off more by saying " it is very debatable that Brighton would be able to get 20000 every week ". Yes, and ?. We need 22000 as we would get 22000 every week if/when we reach the premiership but at Championship level we would get 20000 for at least half a dozen games and would average around 12000 I would think given decent transport links. Whats the point O'Reilly in having a 12000 capacity when you will outsell this on many occasions each season and need to double the size anyway if you got into the premiership which with a level playing field and McGhee as manager we very well could do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here