Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian holloway

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can I please add my name to the "I've always hated Holloway" list. There is probably evidence somewhere on NSC if needed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree with the width and crosses point but he also seems a bit lethargic at times

We could actually have told you all that. That was one of the reasons Murray was a marmite player with us. He could be excellent and then stand offside so many times and look a lazy fukker...

It is interesting how many supporters of clubs say that players are better when on loan than when given contracts...we had the same with lua lua.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
We could actually have told you all that. That was one of the reasons Murray was a marmite player with us. He could be excellent and then stand offside so many times and look a lazy fukker...

It is interesting how many supporters of clubs say that players are better when on loan than when given contracts...we had the same with lua lua.

Lua Lua seems to be turning out pretty good to me atm. I haven't seen too much of him but he seems to be knowing where the net is lately. My main concern is your defence and Ulloa, swapping the latter for CMS doesn't make your team look as intimidating and as for the defence, you're pretty tight and had we been in form I'd have been confident we would score more than you but can't see it myself now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest difference between Ulloa and Murray is the number of times they are caught offside. Ulloa reads the line very well and is hardly ever offside.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lua Lua seems to be turning out pretty good to me atm. I haven't seen too much of him but he seems to be knowing where the net is lately. My main concern is your defence and Ulloa, swapping the latter for CMS doesn't make your team look as intimidating and as for the defence, you're pretty tight and had we been in form I'd have been confident we would score more than you but can't see it myself now.

The problem I always had with CMs was he is not the sort of player our game suits. Ulloa is a skilful player, who is not the most mobile, but he holds the ball up well and brings players into the game, CMs liked the ball punted into the corners for him to chase. Gus was never going to play that game.

In the first game he played, upson spent the first 15 minutes punting the ball forward until someone whispered in his ear that it was not what we did, and just pass it into midfield and be prepared to get it back and move it to your defensive partner. Suddenly he looks a player we all thought he was when he was picked for England. That is Gus's skill.

I honestly can't call this series of games. If zaha suddenly wakes up and bolasie wakes up we could be in trouble...but I think it will be decided by the odd goal...it would not surprise me if it's 1-1 at your place and then a win by one to either side on Monday. I obviously hope it's us, especially the way we are playing now, but I think it will not be an enjoyable game to watch.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I agree with the width and crosses point but he also seems a bit lethargic at times

This worries me a little, actually.

If one of the reasons for you guys not playing as well as earlier in the season really is because Murray has become lethargic, it might be one less reason for you to worry this weekend - I can't see any player who "gets" the rivalry being lethargic at all on Friday or Monday...

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
The problem I always had with CMs was he is not the sort of player our game suits. Ulloa is a skilful player, who is not the most mobile, but he holds the ball up well and brings players into the game, CMs liked the ball punted into the corners for him to chase. Gus was never going to play that game.

In the first game he played, upson spent the first 15 minutes punting the ball forward until someone whispered in his ear that it was not what we did, and just pass it into midfield and be prepared to get it back and move it to your defensive partner. Suddenly he looks a player we all thought he was when he was picked for England. That is Gus's skill.

I honestly can't call this series of games. If zaha suddenly wakes up and bolasie wakes up we could be in trouble...but I think it will be decided by the odd goal...it would not surprise me if it's 1-1 at your place and then a win by one to either side on Monday. I obviously hope it's us, especially the way we are playing now, but I think it will not be an enjoyable game to watch.

Have you paired both Ulloa and CMS together at all? That COULD be quite a partnership. Zaha has been pretty pants since he signed for Manure but Bolasie played even worse than him against Peterboro' so not too confident about that :(. I think the game could be won in midfield, Jedinak is a beast and always manages to get the ball off opposition players (apart from the nutmeg from Tomlin).

I'm predicting a win through a penalty, not sure what side though as our defence are prone to silly mistakes lately

Whilst being nervous I can't wait for either game. I think you are more geared up for the Prem than we are (stadium, crowds and the way you play football) and think you'd do a Swansea

Last edited:

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
This worries me a little, actually.

If one of the reasons for you guys not playing as well as earlier in the season really is because Murray has become lethargic, it might be one less reason for you to worry this weekend - I can't see any player who "gets" the rivalry being lethargic at all on Friday or Monday...

If we had Freedman, I think all the players would be well up for it but under Holloway I'm not too sure. I heard someone say that they know a few of the players personally and that they don't know when to take him seriously or not and he baffles them with his waffle....

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Including the one he scored, Murray could have had 5 on Saturday, 2 were cleared off the line, one header agonislingly close and a shot over the bar from 6 yards out. No coincidence that this was in accordance with Zaha and Bolasie playing as out and out wingers for the first time in months. The signs are that we are reverting back to our old selves but think we need to play at our top level to beat you. We are not close to that currently but if we can get back to that level we will be a threat. Can we do it? Only time will tell..

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If we had Freedman, I think all the players would be well up for it but under Holloway I'm not too sure. I heard someone say that they know a few of the players personally and that they don't know when to take him seriously or not and he baffles them with his waffle....

Fair enough. I just think the abuse that Albion fans give him individually will be daft enough to give him motivation, even if Holloway doesn't.

No complaints here though if they all walk on the pitch baffled...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

are you saying Ulloa is a downgrade on CMS? If I was a Palace fan, I would be very worried about Ulloa. Fits our style well, gets on the ends of crosses, has good ball control (can beat players) and is in good scoring form

Lua Lua is hit & miss to me - i'm just very happy he had such a good game against wolves and that he can carry that form against palace, but there have been a few games when he has been very poor and one dimensional

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
are you saying Ulloa is a downgrade on CMS? If I was a Palace fan, I would be very worried about Ulloa. Fits our style well, gets on the ends of crosses, has good ball control (can beat players) and is in good scoring form

Lua Lua is hit & miss to me - i'm just very happy he had such a good game against wolves and that he can carry that form against palace, but there have been a few games when he has been very poor and one dimensional

No i'm saying if you swap Ulloa for CMS, your team doesn't look as intimidating...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Ulloa is a massive threat in the air. This is where you will cause us a lot of problems IMO.

Lua Lua played brilliant in the 3-0 but he was up against Richards, a loanee from Swansea who has been poor. Luckily we have Joel Ward back from injury who is 10 times the player.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can I please add my name to the "I've always hated Holloway" list. There is probably evidence somewhere on NSC if needed.

Me too - and I've definitely mentioned it before he became Palace manager. Dunno where [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] got the idea he was universally liked on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ulloa is TEN times the player CMS is. Lua Lua is a confidence player, and seems confidence is high right now.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
Ulloa is TEN times the player CMS is. Lua Lua is a confidence player, and seems confidence is high right now.

That's what I'm trying to say, take Ulloa out of the team and replace him with CMS, your team doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Including the one he scored, Murray could have had 5 on Saturday, 2 were cleared off the line, one header agonislingly close and a shot over the bar from 6 yards out. No coincidence that this was in accordance with Zaha and Bolasie playing as out and out wingers for the first time in months. The signs are that we are reverting back to our old selves but think we need to play at our top level to beat you. We are not close to that currently but if we can get back to that level we will be a threat. Can we do it? Only time will tell..

Even with all that you still conceded 2 goals to a League One side - so as good as your attacking play might've been, play like Saturday defensively and we will score plenty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's what I'm trying to say, take Ulloa out of the team and replace him with CMS, your team doesn't look anywhere near as intimidating....

I know, I was agreeing with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here