• India

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • The Match To Be Off Due To A Bizarre Gardening Accident

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
326-5 after 50. Kohli gets his 49th ODI Century. A big total but if the Cock doesn't go cheaply then the Saffers could do it.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
326-5 after 50. Kohli gets his 49th ODI Century. A big total but if the Cock doesn't go cheaply then the Saffers could do it.
The home crowd won't let that happen, India have a huge advantage here, Kohli and his genius have lifted them...SA have a battling second monkey to get off their back here if they are to do this, they won't roll over even if they are both through but it will be interesting to watch, I agree de Kock might be the make or break here...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Bangla boys can do this.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
With regards to your loss of helmet, why don't you toss the duff one to the keeper and bat the rest of the over bare headed? It is not as if you are facing Holding & Marshall etc..

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It was a poor appeal IMO. He was ready to face and let down by his equipment.
From what I've just read, I don't think Bangladesh were even required to "appeal" as such. The rule in the rule book is clear, and doesn't include allowances for broken equipment. Mathews was already pretty much timed out before the strap broke in the first place, so he'd taken his sweet time about getting out there.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
From what I've just read, I don't think Bangladesh were even required to "appeal" as such. The rule in the rule book is clear, and doesn't include allowances for broken equipment. Mathews was already pretty much timed out before the strap broke in the first place, so he'd taken his sweet time about getting out there.
Clause 31.1 in both the MCC laws of the game and the World Cup Playing Conditions states that neither umpire shall give a batter out unless appealed by a fielder.
I don't have a huge amount of sympathy. As you say, he could and should have been at the crease well before it became an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here