Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good grief ! You and your non Albion supporting, Luddite, hermit ‘friend’ need to sort out your own problems then either go to the match or not. It really isn’t important either way.

Personally, I think getting in the AMEX is the least of his friends problems.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His friend is PPF - what do I win

A free season ticket to sit with them both…..but you have to make sure they get to the ground, comply with all the rules and provide transport, plus answer any questions they have. Might not be much fun but you’ll have the eternal gratitude of everyone else one here as some form of satisfaction :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wouldn't it have been a whole lot simpler to carry on with the good old ST cards but put a photo on it. Ten seconds to have your phone open on the NHS app in your left hand and your season ticket in your right, job done, you're in the ground.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barber: "So - that's the statement released. Well done team. I know you've all been working 14 hour days to get crowds back but I think we covered just about every scenario."

I ask again whats acceptable photo id? A friend who doesnt use computers asked me. He has never driven never travelled abroad. Last saw BHA game at Goldstone. Has no bus pass as he walks everywhere. I said ive no idea and club statement doesnt say. He isnt a youngster so no NUS or young person card. Never been on a train in his life no railcard. How us he supposed to show id?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A free season ticket to sit with them both…..but you have to make sure they get to the ground, comply with all the rules and provide transport, plus answer any questions they have. Might not be much fun but you’ll have the eternal gratitude of everyone else one here as some form of satisfaction :)

No problem, I'll just give them my phone to watch you tube to relive his gory days of the 70's, he will be glued to that all match

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...or-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season?s=09

Appears photo id for over 18s only. Not kids. I ask again whats acceptable photo id? A friend who doesnt use computers asked me. He has never driven never travelled abroad. Last saw BHA game at Goldstone. Has no bus pass as he walks everywhere. I said ive no idea and club statement doesnt say. He isnt a youngster so no NUS or young person card. Never been on a train in his life no railcard. How us he supposed to show id?

No mention of one way systems thankfully.

Whilst I can believe a lot of this scenario to say he's "never been on a train in his life" is just the lie that takes it too far.

And like everyone says: your "friend" can phone the club to ask the question. Or has this "friend" also never used a phone in their life?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Barber: "So - that's the statement released. Well done team. I know you've all been working 14 hour days to get crowds back but I think we covered just about every scenario."

I suppose the club are just going to have to reluctantly write off that particular revenue stream. Not sure if the Amex is going to be the same without Jay White’s friend though.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Are you really saying that if you tested positive for Covid you would report the test as a negative and still go to a match?

Hopefully there aren’t many who would.

Please don’t presume that’s what I want saying. I clearly didn’t say that.

If unvaccinated by choice, people are likely to just self report a negative result and walk on in. They won’t even take the test, just scan the QR code. I know of loads of people who’ve done this since LFTs were brought in. These measures don’t do anything to prevent anyone at all from coming to games, if they wanted to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone know what is likely to be in the outside concourse. Not seen a lot of any plans for this.

Only ball ache can really see is the checks on the outer perimeter.

Once in then only real issue is masks inside and thats easily got round with a pint or food.

Pretty sure it will be policed less and less as things move along anyway. Stewards are not going to want or need constant conflicts.

Easy to moan but you can still shout and sing on trains / concourse / in the ground and get hammered doing it. Not that bad is it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whilst I can believe a lot of this scenario to say he's "never been on a train in his life" is just the lie that takes it too far.

And like everyone says: your "friend" can phone the club to ask the question. Or has this "friend" also never used a phone in their life?

You appear to have made the foolish assumption that the 'friend' knows how to use a phone!! If he hasn't a computer, god knows how he'll look the number up. Perhaps he has an old edition of yellow pages lying around!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

If unvaccinated by choice, people are likely to just self report a negative result and walk on in. They won’t even take the test, just scan the QR code. I know of loads of people who’ve done this since LFTs were brought in. These measures don’t do anything to prevent anyone at all from coming to games, if they wanted to.

Most will be vaccinated anyway so not really an issue anyway is it. Chance of issues with covid pretty slim so even if a few sneak in with lies then not exactly going to be massive issue is it.

Few hoops which are ticking a box. Reality will be different I'm sure

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Thing is, if I'm being responsible then I will report my covid status accurately so there is no need for a photo ID. And if I'm being irresponsible then I will fake my covid status and the photo ID will just corroborate the faked information. So it doesn't seem that the photo ID is useful in the cases of either the responsible or irresponsible people.

Exactly. Responsible folk will be responsible and the irresponsible will be irresponsible, because the system in place makes it easy to be. The net impact of these measures will be zero. But in fairness the club are damned if they do and damned if they don’t on this one.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

From October if you haven't got proof of double jab you ain't getting in. So I think these measure might stop a fair few.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly. Responsible folk will be responsible and the irresponsible will be irresponsible, because the system in place makes it easy to be. The net impact of these measures will be zero. But in fairness the club are damned if they do and damned if they don’t on this one.

This is why we can't have nice things, because some people are irresponsible. People would soon moan if they needed to go and get a proper PCR test every week before a match. Either way from 1st October not an issue because no double jab, no entry

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Pretty certain the Government will concede on the no jab no entry position and allow for LFTs too from October.

To be fair, given 90%+ of adults in the Amex will have been jabbed and the majority of your visit is outdoors there’s really not that much risk in the stadium. Was just pointing out the measures won’t actually do anything to improve that given how easy they are to get around!

Sensible to road test it at Getafe, but can still see a delayed kick off for Watford..

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
You appear to have made the foolish assumption that the 'friend' knows how to use a phone!! If he hasn't a computer, god knows how he'll look the number up. Perhaps he has an old edition of yellow pages lying around!

Presumably they've never had a phone inside their house, and haven't used a phone box since 1970 as they can't get the hang of all this newfangled decimalised currency.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would have thought that things could be made more smooth flowing if STH only had to provide proof to the club ONCE of their double-jabbed status, maybe by forwarding email generated from the NHS app or something. It's not like you can suddenly become un-double-jabbed

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Pretty certain the Government will concede on the no jab no entry position and allow for LFTs too from October.

To be fair, given 90%+ of adults in the Amex will have been jabbed and the majority of your visit is outdoors there’s really not that much risk in the stadium. Was just pointing out the measures won’t actually do anything to improve that given how easy they are to get around!

Sensible to road test it at Getafe, but can still see a delayed kick off for Watford..

They really won't as they are using events such as PL football as a golden carrot to get more people vaccinated.

Events such as PL football have been highlighted as super spreader events.

As you point out LFT's are easy to get around so why put them into policy?

The government wont, and therefore from October only double jabbed folks will gain entry as widely expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here