Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Slade goes, who replaces him?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When Slade goes in four or so years time, I'd like to see us promote his assistant manager Nicky Forster to the main job.....after al,l it's all makebelieve......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I for one am not by any means demanding a top of the league performance or promotion, end f the day we are in a position that befits the squad. I just dont want every season to be having the same fight for survival.

SOMETHING is wrong and it needs fixing, whether its the manager, coaching staff...whatever.....Just get it fixed!!

I agree and personally think the issues are perhaps very close to home namely the backroom staff, time we changed this completely and perhaps had an assistant manager for a change ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When Slade goes in four or so years time, I'd like to see us promote his assistant manager Nicky Forster to the main job.....after al,l it's all makebelieve......

There is huge potential in Forster joining the backroom staff maybe as early as next season and an opportunity we should not miss.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I think my queston has been answered. We should hang onto Slade and give him a time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Slades position will be evaluated around December time and should TB say enough is enough I would go with Poyet.

Somebody suggested George Graham to sort out our defence what about him as a senior manager with Nicky Forster as his asst or somebody like Teddy Sheringham.

I do not see Slade as being manager when we walk out at Falmer.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
There's a general feeling on here that Nicky Forster would be a decent assistant. I'm 100% up for that. If he has a decent manager to learn from (Coppell) that really would be a dream team.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I broadly agree with Beach Hut and Northstander. We can't go on sacking managers in the blind hope that one day we'll hit the jackpot. Also being a below-average third-tier side playing in a athletics ground the pool of mangerial talent available to us is limited. And DON'T anybody say playing at Falmer will be an attraction; at the rate we sack managers (assuming Slade goes shortly) we're going to get through another three or four before we get to Falmer - maybe seven or eight if you think we only give each one a quarter of a season. Potential managers will know this and the good ones won't exactly be queuing up simply to be the next cab off the rank.

However as Northstander said something is wrong and needs fixing. We've just lost to a team who had lost ten of their previous twelve games and are currently being managed by the physiotherapist! And once again we had a player sent off. There's only so many times you can blame the ref or bad luck or needing time to gel: we've either got shit players, a shit manager or the training and preparation is shit. Either way something isn't working and those who say "It'll all come right in the end, we've just been a bit unlucky so far" are as deluded as those who think sacking yet another manager will be beneficial in the long term.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think Slades position will be evaluated around December time and should TB say enough is enough I would go with Poyet.

Somebody suggested George Graham to sort out our defence what about him as a senior manager with Nicky Forster as his asst or somebody like Teddy Sheringham.

I do not see Slade as being manager when we walk out at Falmer.

One small problem... Poyet would not come here. So realistically, who would we bring in?

I think the original poster has raised a good point here as I don't believe any of the names mentioned are realistic.

The problem with BHAFC is the overall club structure in my opinion- when Slade came in he said it was a shambles- and that is not an aspect that can be changed over night.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The problem with BHAFC is the overall club structure in my opinion- when Slade came in he said it was a shambles- and that is not an aspect that can be changed over night.
That does bring us down to the training and/or preparation, and inevitably when those topics are discussed the attention turns to White and Booker. Whenever people criticise them the usual response is for others to say "Do you know what they do? No? Well shut up then." I think a perfectly acceptable riposte to that is: "No I don't know what they do - but I think they're f***ing shit at it."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One small problem... Poyet would not come here. So realistically, who would we bring in?

Why not he is not exactly overwhelmed with offers and we have potential both on the pitch and in support, a new stadium coming and a forward looking chairman, with sufficient money to finance a promotion puch to Championship and then consolidation in that division. Promotion to the Premiership may be a little more difficult.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Usually when a new manager comes in, they also bring with them their managerial team or at least appoint one. Slade mentioned from the outset that the backroom needed a revamp. Yet he has stuck with White and Booker. They at the very least need changing. I dont know whether they are the root cause problem, but clearly a change is needed.

So the question is why hasn't Slade got in his own team? Has Bloom stopped him? Remember Slade wasn't Blooms choice. so is Bloom giving Slade a kind of probation and if he doesn't pass then he will remove Slade, Booker and White, bringing in his own men. Afterall it would be silly to recruit Slades own team only to sack all of them (paying off all their contracts) if you were unsure of him?

Perhaps even the players are aware of this and the unsettling effect has helped produce these poor performances.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I don't think Slade is the problem, it's the players who keep getting sent off for stupid things, missing chances they should score, defending like muppets. We know the squad is one of the best for a while on paper but they are not doing it on the pitch. They are not little children and should stand up and be counted

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think Slade is the problem, it's the players who keep getting sent off for stupid things, missing chances they should score, defending like muppets.

yet isn't Slade responsible for maintaining disciple and training the squad in attack and defence? or are we going to say he doesn't have full control of the training?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
There's a general feeling on here that Nicky Forster would be a decent assistant. I'm 100% up for that. If he has a decent manager to learn from (Coppell) that really would be a dream team.
I'm sure he would BUT he has also said that he wants to play for a few more years yet and is not ready to consider an off pitch role

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
It's ok saying Slade must go but lets stop and think who would replace him.
This club struggled to find a suitable replacement when Micky got the chop.
There seems to be a lot of people who seem to think Coppell is the answer, but there's no guarantee he wants the job.

:fishing:

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
im not happy with the results like most of us here but i think we have to give the team a bit more time and who else is going to want to come in and take over a under proforming near relegation L1 team slade did us ok last season we will (fingers crossed) start getting some results and stop getting players sent off every game soon i hope.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
:bowdown:
Might be worth another crack at Gannon seeing as weve got half of his team here!

yeah ... jimmy gannons blue and white army..... has a certain ring to it. i would have him as manager any day of the week. look what he did for stockport county:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here