Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Trossard starts against England

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why, just why?

I hope Trossard plays well, I hope England win. Why would any Englishman think any different?

I once thought like that....

But then...

Because I’m 66 years old and I’ve been watching and waiting for 50 years for English international football to stop disappointing me. I don’t care any more

I am not quite as old but I am tired of the pretenders wheeled out each generation to 'bring football home'. Overpaid, over-rated and I am sick of the prima donnas. The england team represents all I despise about the PL and modern football, from the manager down, and with the exception of Marcus Rashford whom I greatly admire.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
England win.

Would be nice if Trossard plays well and even scores but if he doesn't and has a shocker....:shrug:

He's not representing Brighton, he's playing against England.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why on earth would anyone go against our country just because an Albion player is playing for the opposition country?

Will never understand this.

If you did understand it there'd be something wrong with you. Brighton fans are strange, we have far more unpatriotic weirdos than most clubs

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I once thought like that....

But then...

I am not quite as old but I am tired of the pretenders wheeled out each generation to 'bring football home'. Overpaid, over-rated and I am sick of the prima donnas. The england team represents all I despise about the PL and modern football, from the manager down, and with the exception of Marcus Rashford whom I greatly admire.

I really do get your point, football has eaten itself, players are in the main complete and utter twats, but I still like my country of birth to win competitions.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Only a few of the England players seem to me like they give a shit about England winning, so consequently, I don't care that much either.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If Trossard plays I will watch it, if not couldn't give a toss about it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty sure he wont be starting. Too much competition in their team + he started vs Ivory Coast and most players who did wont start today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ALLEZ Trossard Le Manneken Pis! :clap:

984-917_-_Diable_Rouge_1.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
England can't really win those things though

I'm just puzzled as to why there's so much apathy towards our national team

We can't use the overpaid wan kers excuse anymore

Just not liking them because they're shite would be the last thing I'd expect from Brighton fans,after all we've gone through

There is good reason like teams like these don't always succeed or win things.

We've had moments under BR and TV when we arguably over achieved, but ultimately in my entire lifetime England have under achieved, and failed, depsite the resources. I can only put it down to an archaic. Old boy network of the F.A. And the nodding dogs like southgate.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Only a few of the England players seem to me like they give a shit about England winning, so consequently, I don't care that much either.

This. I don't know how many England games I've watched and thought, yea good game. A few friendlies (Germany thrashing comes to mind) and the odd game here and there against Angora or Lichtensteins part timers.
But for the majority I feel like I've been let down by a team either don't give a monkey or too scared to play.

We lost vs Chelsea and ManUre recently, but after the game I thought that we gave it a good go. Can never remember thinking that about an England game for many years.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Well, we're alienating ourselves from all of our International neighbours and led by a completely self centred useless c**t, Do you need more ?

The issue with the 'Led by, etc'..is subjective, but just let's say we can accept that prima facie.
The bit about 'alienating our neighbours' I don't think stands up to scrutiny, because
a) The EU is not a country
b) Where antithipy exists, it is long seated....with France, for instance, it revolves around English suplanting French as the Lingua Franca, Spain its our 3 century governance of Gibralter
By and large I dont think we've alienated 'the neighbours' at all, they may be bemused, but not alienated.
This is still a nice little green, tolerant Island, compared to many places - look at people leaving France, risking their lives on dinghies etc, to come here, ......do you think that can be because the place sucks?

larus

Well, we're alienating ourselves from all of our International neighbours and led by a completely self centred useless c**t, Do you need more ?

I think you need to get some help. You sound so stressed about things which you have no control over. Not healthy.

If you think that politicians anywhere do the ‘right’ thing and are perfect, then you will be constantly disappointed (unless you have blinkers on to politicians who you agree with). Nearly all politicians are in it for the power and what they can get from it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's on the bench.

England

1Pickford
2Alexander-Arnold
4Walker
6Maguire
5Dier
3Trippier
10Mount
7Rice
8Henderson
9Calvert-Lewin
11Rashford

Substitutes

12Mings
13Pope
14James
15Coady
16Maitland-Niles
17Phillips
18Ward-Prowse
19Grealish
20Kane
21Ings
22Henderson
23Sancho

Belgium

12Mignolet
15Meunier
2Alderweireld
3Denayer
4Boyata
21Castagne
6Witsel
8Tielemans
7De Bruyne
9Lukaku
11Carrasco

Substitutes

1Roef
5Kayembe
10Trossard
13Kaminski
14Vanaken
16Dendoncker
17Origi
18Verschaeren
19Doku
20Benteke
22Mechele
23Batshuayi

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
He's on the bench.

England

1Pickford
2Alexander-Arnold
4Walker
6Maguire
5Dier
3Trippier
10Mount
7Rice
8Henderson
9Calvert-Lewin
11Rashford

Substitutes

12Mings
13Pope
14James
15Coady
16Maitland-Niles
17Phillips
18Ward-Prowse
19Grealish
20Kane
21Ings
22Henderson
23Sancho

Belgium

12Mignolet
15Meunier
2Alderweireld
3Denayer
4Boyata
21Castagne
6Witsel
8Tielemans
7De Bruyne
9Lukaku
11Carrasco

Substitutes

1Roef
5Kayembe
10Trossard
13Kaminski
14Vanaken
16Dendoncker
17Origi
18Verschaeren
19Doku
20Benteke
22Mechele
23Batshuayi
Why are we playing 3 right backs!!!???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know he’s a Flash c*ck but you don’t rate him as a player ? He pretty much kept a piss poor villa tram up single handed. He plays football like he’s on the local park - dribbling round players, having fun. Outstanding talent.

Yep he is an amazing talent, almost as annoying to see him doing well for Villa as it is to see Leeds looking useful :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here