Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Independent Blog

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

“Ooh,” po-faced types will no doubt moan, “you glory-hunter, you. You traitor, you bad person . . .” To which I’ll reply: “Oh, for God’s sake, grow up” – or something equally sharp and witty.

This is neither sharp or witty but written by someone who is inadequate.

In the good old days Mr Vinicombe was banned from the ground for writing less inflammatory remarks.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's obviously not talking about us, he's not thick. There are some poor sides at this level. We all want to play at a higher level. No need to be so bloody precious. Everyone jumping on the bandwagon though, suppose your lifes going pretty well if this is all you have to worry about!

He is paid to give his opinions. We don't charge him anything to react to them.

Obviously a very nice man, I don't spend much thinking about him but I did enjoy his book.

The point is Turkey is that he is employed as media presence for the club - if not always by the club itself. I'm not sure what reaction he is employed to provoke, but I doubt it's negativity. That's different from debate by the way and I'm not detecting much of that on here.

I stopped listening to the phone in when he appeared to suggest that more people would come to Falmer if we stayed in league one. It didn't really annoy me, but I've got better things to do than listen to odd comments like that.

Reading that article he sounds a little tired of us. Sorry.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His blog is again shown to be wrong. I've watched (well its been on) the last two evenings fare from the Champions League and frankly what crap. Manure 2nd Xl against a shite Scottish team (Championship lower level at best) Asre and Chelski against very poor teams no ones heard of. Perhaps that's why English teams are now finding it hard to sell out their grounds. Top football boredom indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here