Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] is it time to retire the pint?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My go to drink will always be a pint but i think I'd like the option of a 2/3 pint particularly if it's something strong and hoppy.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Grauniad are just Crodo level trolls at this point really, aren’t they?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Yes, but 16 fl oz of American Budweiser or Miller Lite really isn't a proper beer.
Just spent a week in Colorado - the landscape has completely changed in the U.S when it comes to beer.
Craft beer everywhere you look, even the smallest of bars would have a dozen or so on tap.
Budweiser and Miller Lite nowhere to be seen - did spot a Bud lite tap at LAX but even L.A and Denver airports were awash with Craft 🍻

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As Swansman alluded to earlier, this is going to be taken on as yet another excuse to give less, charge the same or more. Shrinkflation Britain.

Seems like everything is costing more for less thanks to Brexit, corporate greed, etc etc.

Marketing and branding is so important. You can spin anything and idiots will stay at heel.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Don’t retire the pint, but perhaps add a 2/3 pint option? A half is too small but sometimes a pint is more than I want.
This.

Particularly at Half time.
By the time I've queued up and got a beer, I'm rushing the pint.
No way I'd ever opt for a half though - 2/3s would be ideal.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I do drink halves sometimes when out for what would have been a few years ago “a few pints”. But that’s simply age. If we got rid of the pint I suppose there’s also no halves. Half of what?
It is absurd though, the sheer volume of liquid. Back in the day I'd do multiple pints on a night out, but you wouldn't go to a restaurant and drink 8 pints of tea, water, coffee or (non thick) milkshake, yet it's deemed the norm with beer, consuming a ridiculous amount of liquid (forget the alcohol content).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is absurd though, the sheer volume of liquid. Back in the day I'd do multiple pints on a night out, but you wouldn't go to a restaurant and drink 8 pints of tea, water, coffee or (non thick) milkshake, yet it's deemed the norm with beer.
I do think this. Especially since I pretty much gave up drinking. Pints look huge. I suppose they are!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last time I went out proper drinking I was sick when I got home. Not through alcohol, just the sheer volume of liquid in my stomach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here