Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV sport......SHIT!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would not of happened on Sky .

nor BBC :thumbsup:
Personally, I give up. ITV will take the rap, whether they deserve it or not.

who else could be responsible? even if we dont understand the machinery and processes in the back end of ITV delivery, at the end of the day they are the owner and responsible for the service.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I blame ITV 100%. And Michael Grade did the right thing. Obviously the inquiry he's set up will come back with recommendations, which will show that the set up was not right in the first place - ITV should have checked for those faults in the first place when the system was set up.
And who can forgive anyone who employs Andy Townsend........

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The inquiry will find out that outsourcing to save money was the primary cause.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Ah yes. The flawless BBC - who marked the much-hyped return of Match of the Day by cutting to the post-match interviews midway through the second half of one of the main games giving away the result, and then went to black for several seconds, before finally returning to the action. And that wasn't a transmission problem..

These things happen. Sometimes they're just more high profile than others, particularly on the terrestrial channels who, for a big occasion, will have audiences of a size Sky can only dream about.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All this goes to show that adverts and live sport do NOT go together.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All this goes to show that adverts and live sport do NOT go together.

The Yanks show oodles of live sport and that is splattered with ad breaks. Superbowl is lucrative because of the opportunity to squeeze in so many 30 second breaks.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did anyone else notice that they changed the format of the picture after the final whistle. I watched 120 minutes of football on 4:3 ratio, for them to suddenly turn it to widescreen AFTER the ruddy game had finished :angry:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I blame ITV 100%. And Michael Grade did the right thing. Obviously the inquiry he's set up will come back with recommendations, which will show that the set up was not right in the first place - ITV should have checked for those faults in the first place when the system was set up.
And who can forgive anyone who employs Andy Townsend........

um.. not sure there are any faults in the system, as it has been proved to work 99.99% of the time and with other channels as well.

The "system" was probably doing exactly what it was told...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To reiterate the above, not only do many staff work on a freelance basis or for a separate company (working for the broadcaster) the companies are also selling services to each other.

The Royale Family is produced by Granada and the BBC shows Channel Four's Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on their international channels.

Good point about the affect of advertising above. Anyone watched the BBC produced shows on UKTV and Dave wondered why the programmes go to breaks at odd points ? Well the programmes were never produced with advertising in mind and it's very difficult to find natural points to come out.

Funnily enough I was watching an early Doctor Who episode on DVD last night and even in 1963 the BBC tried to put a fade to black in the middle of each episode to allow channels they sold it to be able to have a commercial break.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Funnily enough I was watching an early Doctor Who episode on DVD last night and even in 1963 the BBC tried to put a fade to black in the middle of each episode to allow channels they sold it to be able to have a commercial break.

Yeah - probably the exception though and nowadays I would think that programme makers are more aware.

Some programmes are made to such a formula you could time your heart by them.

I'd put Masterchef in that bracket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here