Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iv let the dust settle BUT...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Didn't your fans do the same at the Amex?

I've condemned them and said they should be banned if identified. I'm now saying the same about your prats.

Edna I think somewhere on YouTube there's a vid of it being forced open.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Seven games unbeaten, then we lose a game away to a side in the top two after having a man sent off after 6 minutes. Yes, it's disappointing to lose to Palace but Jesus, get some perspective. The only people talking sense on this site any more are Palace fans.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've condemned them and said they should be banned if identified. I'm now saying the same about your prats.

Edna I think somewhere on YouTube there's a vid of it being forced open.

Fair enough, either I missed that bit or that was a few seconds later once the tools actually did get to it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seven games unbeaten, then we lose a game away to a side in the top two after having a man sent off after 6 minutes. Yes, it's disappointing to lose to Palace but Jesus, get some perspective. The only people talking sense on this site any more are Palace fans.

Blimey someone talking sense. The sending off changed the game it was a bad decision on Dunks part, but apologise? Really? It's football not starting a war, really don't understand this need for an apology for every mistake

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This. Personally, I couldn't care less about Palace, the rivalry, distance between the two clubs, or the 'banter' between fans. Does that make me any less of a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion? In many people's eyes, probably. Am I concerned by this? Not in the slightest. I'm sure there are some people that would be happy if the only six points in a season were as a result of two spankings of Crystal Palace. Madness.

It is just another fixture to me. :shrug:

Players have to apologise to fans for losing a game of football. Fuckin hell this place is mental.

And this too. You don't complain to a barmaid in a pub, or staff at a club, if you have a crap night out. Some people really need some PERSPECTIVE.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, bloody hell, if Albion players had to apologise for every half-arsed performance over the years I've been going, they'd be on their knees for the next decade.

The only performance I've ever really wanted to punch the players for (as opposed to just despairing over their ineptitude/incompetence) was that thrashing at home to Stoke in the last game of one season under McGhee.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Wigan had Figueroa sent off after 11 minutes tonight and they are 2-0 down at half time to a Toon side in shite form. I hope their players are tweeting apologies from the dressing room and Martinez is getting his resignation ready.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Blimey someone talking sense. The sending off changed the game it was a bad decision on Dunks part, but apologise? Really? It's football not starting a war, really don't understand this need for an apology for every mistake

if you made a bad decision or didn't perform as well as expected in a job for example, costing the company or some1 else money, would you apologise to those it effected?

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
Us Brighton fans cannot blame anyone but Brighton fans for Brighton kicking gates open to start a punch up. There are some on NSC who fail to see the reality of the nasty element in our support. Palace have every right to have a go.

Why? After what they did down at our place last season they have no right to have a go at all. F##king hypocrites..!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why? After what they did down at our place last season they have no right to have a go at all. F##king hypocrites..!!

Doesn't make it right, however sanctimonious Palace fans might get. We have some massive knobbers following us, so do they. End of.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Unlike some on here, iv let the dust settle after the trip to Selhurst...

Iv seen CMS being compared to Hart which almost makes me throw up

What's wrong with Gary Hart? The guy cost us a set of football shirts and managed to become a fan favourite when we had no football ground? The guy put a smile on my face!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I should imagine that Palace will be billing us for a new gate, toilets and seats - not apologising for the incident. However, I would only pay them 2p in the £1

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Having read the HOL I suspect we won't be charging you as Steve Browett apparently said that you didn't charge us for what our morons did at the Amex.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Us Brighton fans cannot blame anyone but Brighton fans for Brighton kicking gates open to start a punch up. There are some on NSC who fail to see the reality of the nasty element in our support. Palace have every right to have a go.

OMG Has the world turned upside.....for once I completely agree with you....well said!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's never been forced open before and that includes games v Leeds, West Ham, Chelsea etc. Stop trying to come up with someone else to blame and realise that some (not all or even a really significant minority) of your fans are animals and should be identified and banned from ever going to a match home or away again.

Which gate was this. What happened?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Which gate was this. What happened?

Some eejits trying to be 'ard' forced open a gate between the Brighton fans and Palace fans on the concourse at halftime in the Arthur Waite. For the most part it ended up in handbags but a couple of kids got smacked and one lad got dragged behind the gate and given a kicking before the palace fans managed to push into your side of the gate and get him back.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some eejits trying to be 'ard' forced open a gate between the Brighton fans and Palace fans on the concourse at halftime in the Arthur Waite. For the most part it ended up in handbags but a couple of kids got smacked and one lad got dragged behind the gate and given a kicking before the palace fans managed to push into your side of the gate and get him back.

I was caught I up in a load of people pushing and shoving the gate but I assumed it was just a bit of rowdiness, I didn't realise they'd actually got through it. There was a big gap full of police when I saw it. Were the two sets of fans originally right next door to each other then?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I was caught I up in a load of people pushing and shoving the gate but I assumed it was just a bit of rowdiness, I didn't realise they'd actually got through it. There was a big gap full of police when I saw it. Were the two sets of fans originally right next door to each other then?

Yup, eventually the OB got there and separated the fans, I feel sorry for the single steward who was trying to separate the fans until the police finally wandered over.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yup, eventually the OB got there and separated the fans, I feel sorry for the single steward who was trying to separate the fans until the police finally wandered over.

Blimey I had no idea. There was a lot of 'let's go f***ing mental' etc and people banging on the railings but I didn't think it was too out of control, in fact I joined in with some of it. That must have happened early on at half time then as I came out and went to the toilets and then by the time I came out it must have already all happened. Is there CCTV there? Surely anyone filmed actually throwing punches is going to have a ban coming their way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here