Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Japan pre season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty poor that nothing has been arranged and communicated to the fans less than 3 days before the first game
Curiously why do fans need something ‘arranging’ ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would have thought it would be hard for fans to arrange streaming of the friendlies without the clubs involvement
Oh sorry I thought you meant out there !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Presumably it'll be at silly-o-clock anyway over here. What are they, 8 hours ahead ? I don't think I'll be getting up at 3 or 4am to fish around for a moody stream to see our ressies against the Yamaha Triads.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Presumably it'll be at silly-o-clock anyway over here. What are they, 8 hours ahead ? I don't think I'll be getting up at 3 or 4am to fish around for a moody stream to see our ressies against the Yamaha Triads.
Isn't the game 19 local time? So 11 or 12 or something in Europe

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Isn't the game 19 local time? So 11 or 12 or something in Europe

Yep, it's reasonable in the UK, I think the two matches kick-off at 11am and 10:30am.

Not so much for me - 3am and 2:30am. I'm hoping they will be on a TV channel so I can record them (or if they are streamed, there is a way to watch them after the event).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Meh.

I got up a bit late yesterday morning and it was 99F (37C) when I went for a run. And I'm a 55-year-old office bod. These young whipper-snappers can handle it.
It's the humidity in Japan that people who haven't experienced it don't appreciate. People from all around the world are taken aback at how hot Japanese summers are.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Just me or is this a bit Brentish?

Would love to know what was going through Milner’s head😂

I know what you mean but isn't all the messaging on the walls etc. like that anyway?
There was a video last season when you could hear Jason Steele shouting stuff like this. Surely it's just how things are?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's gonna be HOT for these guys and they're gonna be jet lagged to shit. Time difference hits you hard West to East. Don't actually expect us to beat Kashima. Maybe they'll have settled in for Tokyo Verdy. Who aren't the greatest J-League team anyway. I'd put J-League around League 1 level at the top end. If you go to watch Omiya Ardija like me regularly it's more like the arse end of league 2. Like the dark years of Albion supporterness. Natsukashiii.
Very much so. Wouldn't be surprised if we get stuffed on Wednesday. It's crazy hot today.
San Frecce fan here. When I first moved here we were in the 4th tier, and I thought the J league was pretty decent, nice and tidy play.
Didn't go for a few years, in the mean time we become a premier league side. Been a couple of times recently to j league games and am now in the, Hmmm, it's a bit poor camp.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I know what you mean but isn't all the messaging on the walls etc. like that anyway?
There was a video last season when you could hear Jason Steele shouting stuff like this. Surely it's just how things are?
Yeah I agree.
It is all very Brentish, but that's the norm.

The Arsenal Documentary showed Arteta to be incredibly cringe, but the players expect it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I agree.
It is all very Brentish, but that's the norm.

The Arsenal Documentary showed Arteta to be incredibly cringe, but the players expect it.
I never watched that but I did see a clip of it, i think, where Arteta was holding a lightbulb and banging on about Edison?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No less poor than the trickle of ticket sales for a friendly they have arranged at the Amex :shrug:
I think they might help themselves a bit there,... Villarreal??... a bit meh... non descript Spanish team,... done that before... a bit more imagination required now that we have already hosted Roma, Marseille, AEK and Ajax.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

Just me or is this a bit Brentish?

Would love to know what was going through Milner’s head😂

The delivery might be but I liked the bit about being positive and being a good team mate.

Sometimes you see players on the pitch moaning at each other and having a go after making a mistake, which I always thought was a bit stupid and would make it worse, especially if it’s one of the younger players.

I remember Milner, Gross and Welbeck moaning at folk last year, so I hope Milner at least was paying attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here