Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Each side is so partizan, even where they can’t influence now.

A smug Republican Senator on Newsnight just now is predicting big Trump wins in Florida, Arizona, etc, etc. Ultra confident, based on huge numbers of red voters .... apparently.

Wwhen yaa all think the shoot’in will start? My greenbacks are on next month, when becomes clear that Elvis got noooo intention a leavin that there mighty fine white washed building he’s gott’un used to. Sheeeete. :unclesam:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What do the US have to do with the Good Friday Agreement? That's UK politics isn't it?

Yes it is UK politics, but there are very influential "other national" lobbies zmong US boters, particularly Jewish and..... Irish.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For the last 40 years I’ve been hearing that new, young voters are coming into the fore, and that stands good with the democrats of over here Labour.

OK

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I watched the same questionnaire on CNN. To be honest I struggle to watch CNN as I do Fox News because they are so partisan.

Thank God for our news stations, personally Sky News does it for me. Even under Murdoch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the last 40 years I’ve been hearing that new, young voters are coming into the fore, and that stands good with the democrats of over here Labour.

OK

Yep, Corbyn’s wave that never came.

But Trump has successfully mobilised the young .... for the other side.

In the US with 100m voting already, data’s released early on. For example in the swing state of North Carolina, 462,000 18 to 29 year olds had voted by Sunday, double the number in 2016.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched the same questionnaire on CNN. To be honest I struggle to watch CNN as I do Fox News because they are so partisan.

Thank God for our news stations, personally Sky News does it for me. Even under Murdoch.

As reluctant as I am to admit it. Sky have gone downhill since Murdoch left.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Really cant compare CNN to Fox. CNN is still reasonably balanced with GOP participants, albeit slightly bias. Fox news is like Russian media, a shit storm of BS and propaganda.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yep, Corbyn’s wave that never came.

But Trump has successfully mobilised the young .... for the other side.

In the US with 100m voting already, data’s released early on. For example in the swing state of North Carolina, 462,000 18 to 29 year olds had voted by Sunday, double the number in 2016.

Corbyn was the problem.

Whatever your political leanings, even if leftist generally...... He presided over a party with rampant anti semitism, there is numerous photos of him in meetings or at funerals for some very questionable islamic groups who are alleged terrorists, his campaigning for the IRA convicts, his refusal to condemn Putin for Salisbury Novichok attack, his half baked non committal policy on Brexit (when we all knew he personally favored leaving). Whatever his manifesto (and there were some good initiatives), he was unelectable to a vast majority of the country.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've started on the crisps - concerned I've gone too early.

A couple of bottles of Punk IPA and a Waitrose Duchy Organic Golden Ale to be going on with.

Then, in all probability, a large, strong cup of coffee.

What's everyone else eating and drinking?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have this feeling that Trump will win

Likewise, awful feeling in pit of gut.

So far in Kentucky 8% counted Biden is ahead 50.3.-48.1 which is a massive trump red state, though they keep saying, this means nothing and it could be a metropolitan area - it will still almost certainly finish red (strong red state generally).

Interestingly Phil Hammond said today (and remember he was once defence sec), that another 4 years of trump and he doesn't think the western alliance/NATO will survive it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A couple of bottles of Punk IPA and a Waitrose Duchy Organic Golden Ale to be going on with.

Then, in all probability, a large, strong cup of coffee.

What's everyone else eating and drinking?

I've now had a Twirl - I needed a sugar boost.

I'm avoiding the booze tonight, so have a bucket of tea brewing right now. I need to remember this fact in a few minutes from now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Corbyn was the problem.

Whatever your political leanings, even if leftist generally...... He presided over a party with rampant anti semitism, there is numerous photos of him in meetings or at funerals for some very questionable islamic groups who are alleged terrorists, his campaigning for the IRA convicts, his refusal to condemn Putin for Salisbury Novichok attack, his half baked non committal policy on Brexit (when we all knew he personally favored leaving). Whatever his manifesto (and there were some good initiatives), he was unelectable to a vast majority of the country.

I’ve posted similar sentiments a few times. Any votes gained from angry 19 year olds, were balanced by others who didn’t fancy him for many reasons.

Starmer’s very votable.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm avoiding the booze tonight, so have a bucket of tea brewing right now. I need to remember this fact in a few minutes from now.

I was hoping to have a celebratory whisky but I may have to put the bottle away.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Succumbed to a healthy sized glass of Red, already had a trip to the garage to fish out the chicken and mushroom pot noodle I bought months ago pre-lockdown (just in case) and eyeing up the toaster as we speak.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is going to be so close based upon early votes. So much closer than the NSC poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here