Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Joe Biden

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think you might find that the reason that people are still piling on to Trump is simply because he still thinks he's President rather than Ex President.... If he held his hands up and conceded he lost the election, if he didn't keep doing mass rabble rousing speeches and if he had not indulged in corrupt business practices and handed back all his confidential documents no one would be interested in him.
If he was no longer an active and committed threat to democracy and just drifted off into the background like a two-time presidential election loser should have done, then he'd be irrelevant and/or in jail now. Instead, he's supporting a suite of thoroughly unqualified and dangerous candidates and trying to spread his poison throughout the entire country. He was an historically bad president and he's continuing to be a demonic presence in the country. What he's done to democracy will take a generation to heal but his legacy will live on for decades through his judicial appointments.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Spent some time last week at the NFL game in London. I thought that those who have travelled to the UK would be left leaning, Biden supporting Democrats.
I was shocked - to a man (and indeed woman) they all (both Packers fans from Wisconsin and Giants fans from NYC) thought Biden was a fool. Some quoted the 'Election was stolen' line (and thought Trump would run again, and win) and called for more guns - the line about arming teachers was trotted out by more than one family I spoke to. 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people'.
Depressing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spent some time last week at the NFL game in London. I thought that those who have travelled to the UK would be left leaning, Biden supporting Democrats.
I was shocked - to a man (and indeed woman) they all (both Packers fans from Wisconsin and Giants fans from NYC) thought Biden was a fool. Some quoted the 'Election was stolen' line (and thought Trump would run again, and win) and called for more guns - the line about arming teachers was trotted out by more than one family I spoke to. 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people'.
Depressing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hit a nerve has he?

Not at all.

It's actually funny.

You only have to view the approval ratings to see that gushing post of his Presidency isn't how Americans see it.

Biden has a very low approval rating.

He has a 40% approval rating and a 55% disapproval rating.

So to get numbers like that you've got Independents AND Democrats not even thinking he's doing a good job.

It's why the Dems are worried about the mid-terms.

If he was such a great President he'd not be in that position.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not at all.

It's actually funny.

You only have to view the approval ratings to see that gushing post of his Presidency isn't how Americans see it.

Biden has a very low approval rating.

He has a 40% approval rating and a 55% disapproval rating.

So to get numbers like that you've got Independents AND Democrats not even thinking he's doing a good job.

It's why the Dems are worried about the mid-terms.

If he was such a great President he'd not be in that position.
on the upside he isn’t making free with state secrets or committing fraud so doing pretty well then.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I quite like him.

Played a blinder on Ukraine and standing up to Putin.
Well yes, he would never not "stand up to Putin". The US businesses are the ones profitting from the war, both right now and in the future when they finally turn Ukraine into a free trade market so that they can steal all the natural resources in the country.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As far as you know, you mean.
Well, either way - maybe people expect a little bit more than that. Maybe people need a little bit more than that.
Well he hasn’t been raided by the FBI and he has published his private finances so the odds are that he hasn’t.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well yes, he would never not "stand up to Putin". The US businesses are the ones profitting from the war, both right now and in the future when they finally turn Ukraine into a free trade market so that they can steal all the natural resources in the country.
So you would rather the despot that is putin make merry with the Ukrain?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It is not simply an either/or.

Putin is clearly a bad man.

But also, it is the USA that provoked the war and stands to gain considerably from it - if we aren't all nuked to death in the meantime.

USA could have avoided this war happening if they wanted to.
Putin only respects strength, if the West gave in into him he would have simply taken what he wanted. Taking east Ukraine back in 2016 was simply the first step in annexing all of Ukraine.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Putin only respects strength, if the West gave in into him he would have simply taken what he wanted. Taking east Ukraine back in 2016 was simply the first step in annexing all of Ukraine.
No reason for him to go in if the West wasn't corrupting Russian neighbours.
The US oligarchy and their current puppet Biden has no interest in the safety or freedom of the poor, average Ukrainians. They wanted a war because it is profitable, and they're now a part of the war because it is profitable. Being part of the Russian sphere of influence or the Western sphere of influence - the difference will be non-existent for the people in Ukraine.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I quite like him.

Played a blinder on Ukraine and standing up to Putin.

Is this how low the bar is at this point? I asked before but it's been almost 3 years now, how long does he get a free pass because he's not as bad as the clown that came before him?

Also playing a blinder on Ukraine is an interesting take, with him refusing to complete a campaign promise with a minimum wage rise, throwing more kids in cages and his friends making insane profits from insider trading and cutting funding for the COVID vaccines, quite a lot of the US public are very vocal in their desire to see some of the billions being routed to Ukraine routed to the American people struggling day to day.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
No reason for him to go in if the West wasn't corrupting Russian neighbours.
The US oligarchy and their current puppet Biden has no interest in the safety or freedom of the poor, average Ukrainians. They wanted a war because it is profitable, and they're now a part of the war because it is profitable. Being part of the Russian sphere of influence or the Western sphere of influence - the difference will be non-existent for the people in Ukraine.
That is crass. If the Ukraine wanted to be part of Russia they would have simply asked, however memories are long and most have not forgiven Stalin for the famine brought on by the antI Ukrainian policies. This is just a stick for you to beat the US with.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Lost in all of hair pulling and name calling. Putin took Crimea when Obama was POTUS, was quiet under Trump, invaded Ukraine under Biden. I think he does respect strength and didn't push his luck with Trump. World needs a strong America and right now it couldn't be weaker.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lost in all of hair pulling and name calling. Putin took Crimea when Obama was POTUS, was quiet under Trump, invaded Ukraine under Biden. I think he does respect strength and didn't push his luck with Trump. World needs a strong America and right now it couldn't be weaker.
Trump wouldn’t have done a thing as he‘s very much a putin admirer, unfortunately for Putin he wasn’t ready to go. Putin may have thought that Biden was weak but clearly it’s not the case. As for a strong America…. Trump very nearly ripped the guts out of it so that doesn’t work aLeo he had nothing but contempt for the Armed Forces. It should be noted the Biden is much more aligned with the military.
Biden may not be the best president (I think he’s much to old, as is Trump) but he’s stellar compared to trump.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The reality in the US seems that the majority of people want some kind of long running soap opera, which is what Trump offers. A government should not be played out in the media eye and it clearly should be something populated with adults who are working on the issues that actually matter. The Biden administration has been working on the issues which actually impact lives rather than playing the media game and trying to be a social media stars.

What I like most about Biden is that he is more worried about doing the work than he is about getting the credit for doing the work. It might not be the best strategy for re-election in 2024 but it gives the Democrats running for Congress next month some actual policy achievements they can talk about and run on. The Republicans are waging a culture war for the purpose of waging a culture war and it's unpopular. Their assault on abortion rights and trying to drag the country back to the policies of the 80s isn't popular and shouldn't be. The world moves on, society changes and for them to keep wanting to live in the past is sad and detrimental to the present and the future.

I think the Democrats are trying to get better at properly painting the picture for voters how the Biden policies and the legislation passed has made things better. This thread largely shows that some people will ignore the policy achievements in favour of arguments based on emotions and character rather than a fair assessment of the work that's actually being done. One party wants to build for the future, the other wants a pointless culture war and to roll back individual (and mostly women's) rights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here