Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] John Brooks and Lee Mason

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What do Mason, Dean and the rest of the VAR only refs do for the rest of the week? Actual refs have to stay fit but what do the others do? Play Ker-Plunk as it has lots of coloured straight lines? Practice with crayons and a ruler? Steal sweets from toddlers?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
They probably just gloat in how good they are and how their positions are under no risk at all and that they can make as many incompetent cock ups as they like
They must be laughing all the way to the bank (or the Asian betting markets maybe)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They probably just gloat in how good they are and how their positions are under no risk at all and that they can make as many incompetent cock ups as they like
They must be laughing all the way to the bank (or the Asian betting markets maybe)
Not sure that is true with Howard Webb in charge now. Expect we’ll see some shake ups end of the season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do Mason, Dean and the rest of the VAR only refs do for the rest of the week? Actual refs have to stay fit but what do the others do? Play Ker-Plunk as it has lots of coloured straight lines? Practice with crayons and a ruler? Steal sweets from toddlers?
Take their guide dogs for a walk?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At the end of the day, do you think Lee Mason and John Brooks go home and speak to their families and say “I did a really good job today”? Absolutely tragic excuse for a job.
Two utter INCOMPETENTS. In any other profession they would be out of a job. Totally clueless as on field referees, they are even worse in the VAR role.

Very rare that l lose my cool, but l was close to doing so last night watching the highlights on MOtD. the incidents at Smellhurst, the Emirates and the London Stadium were nothing short of embarrassing.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
On my planet Webb Brooks and Mason should be made to face the camera`s after such a screw up and face questions as to how they came to their decisions , they should then explain to ( In our case ) Palace that they are retrospectively deducting the point they didn`t win and are awarding us the three points for the game we did win .

Also on my planet there would be similar rules to players with regard , wages bonus`s and performance pay , in other words if you cock it up you don`t get any , my guess is VAR would improve drastically overnight , otherwise just F****** bin it .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hopefully being re-trained in the rules of Football this week.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How can they be so bad at their job and incompetent and still keep their jobs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here