Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t see him breaking into first 11 now. Should have chosen club considering he’s just had the copa especially now a new manager.

Fortunately we have plenty in his position !
Weird take. He’ll be a week or two behind the others but if he’s fully fit he’s one of our best players.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Doesn’t he mean ‘Thank Tony, it happened’. Or is it the same thing?
Semantics indeed...

Fair from the club, always good to keep players happy. Hopefully won't do him any harm, Olympics is a U23 competition and less physical than Copa America etc. Could be a nice warm up for him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He isn't a 'system' player , he's the one who will/should do his own thing because that's what makes him different and exciting... He struggled last year because of a severe injury not inability...
Precisely. He's such a serious talent and a maverick. Sure, he needs to appreciate the positions and runs of his teammates better but that will come with long-term coaching.
He wants to represent his country at the Olympics, yet this has prompted several to claim that he will have to wait to get into our first team. Why? The Olympics will be over before the season starts; in all likelihood, Paraguay won't last the distance anyway irrespective of Julio's talents; he'll be getting match experience and fitness ahead of the start of the season; and Fabian and his team can relay their thoughts about what they want from Julio even while he's in France. My hunch is I'll be seeing him on the pitch at Everton.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good experience for him . Easy to forget he is only 20.

Big season for him. Hope he starts to bang them in a bit as goal return needs improving but you'd expect to start seeing this now. If he's going to be top quality then by the end of the season he should be getting towards that level fairly consistently

Looking forward to him this season ,

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Not wise to go against Tony’s wishes though and hope he hasn’t blotted his copybook there
Hopefully it will motivate him to prove to Tony that he can play the Olympics and then be a match winner for us. If his performance level is right then Bloom will quickly overlook any frustration he might have (although I find it hard to believe that he would have wanted to stop Enciso playing in the Olympics).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Japan 5-0 v Paraguay this evening.

Just 3 games in the group stages.

He should be back with us by the middle of next week then.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I love Julio, but it was so evident when he came back that he was trying 'too hard' For example, he adopted a 'shoot on sight' policy, trying to recreate wonder goals vs Chelsea and Man City. The lad just needs to calm down and be aware of team mates around him. But an on-form Julio, like the version we saw away at Wolves last August is very special :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree lots of competition at his position. But whilst many young players could be reinvigorated by a new start and system, Julio seems the most obvious. Goodnight seems the one to me who'll elevate the most though IF he gets to play central, link up the team together and compete with Maverick Enciso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here