Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whether or not it was erroneous is a moot point. It is not the goal tally that I am alluding to, it is the way that you were completely overrun - barely a touch of the ball for the rest of the game. I didn't see Poyet making any wonderful changes to stem the tide. Sometimes, when you lose a player, it goes to rat shit and sometimes it does not. Often depends on how well the opposition make it count. Saints made it count at St Marys. Albion made it count and the Amex. Burnley were obviously not up to the task - even against 9.

Seems like a fair summary.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Southampton fans really are comming across as a bunch of tits on that site :) They lost 3-0 their player got sent off for doing something right under the refs nose, so the player is an idiot. But nooooo lets blame everyone else for the fact that they turn to sh!t after he went off. Some of their comments: We are a dirty team yet we made less fouls them them (deluded) The ref loves Brighton even though he gave us as many cards for the less fouls (deluded) Gus is a Monkey (just rude) The Amex is shit (Never went to the Withdean then) They completly dominated the first half (deluded) The goal that was/wasn't (still inconclusive) so they lost 3-1 then. Boo Hoo Boo Hoo. All they seem to be able to do for that defeat is insult Brighton, our Manager and our stadium. Maybe they should look closer to home for why they lost.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Southampton fans really are comming across as a bunch of tits on that site :) They lost 3-0 their player got sent off for doing something right under the refs nose, so the player is an idiot. But nooooo lets blame everyone else for the fact that they turn to sh!t after he went off. Some of their comments: We are a dirty team yet we made less fouls them them (deluded) The ref loves Brighton even though he gave us as many cards for the less fouls (deluded) Gus is a Monkey (just rude) The Amex is shit (Never went to the Withdean then) They completly dominated the first half (deluded) The goal that was/wasn't (still inconclusive) so they lost 3-1 then. Boo Hoo Boo Hoo. All they seem to be able to do for that defeat is insult Brighton, our Manager and our stadium. Maybe they should look closer to home for why they lost.
It is a fair assessment. Forums are full of tits. Did you read the stuff on here after Albion lost 3-0 at St Mary's? All pretty much the same - completely deluded nonsense interspersed with intelligent observations.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Actually, not counting the penalty scored from the same incident as the sending off, we only let in ONE goal after going down to 10, and that was from another erroneously awarded penalty.

Actually not counting penalties at all you conceded no goals. TBH you did well not to lose 5 or 6 nil in the 2nd half. Saints were trying to be Barcelona, trying to walk the ball into the net rather than shoot when presented with brilliant chances.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is a fair assessment. Forums are full of tits. Did you read the stuff on here after Albion lost 3-0 at St Mary's? All pretty much the same - completely deluded nonsense interspersed with intelligent observations.

As biased as I am, I'm still convinced that Saints didn't need the sending off at SMS to win that game. Once we had scored, that game was going the same way as Brum, Boro & Watford at home. On Monday, had in not been for the sending off, we probably would have scored and at best Brighton would have got a hard fought equaliser. There's no way they would have won.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As biased as I am, I'm still convinced that Saints didn't need the sending off at SMS to win that game. Once we had scored, that game was going the same way as Brum, Boro & Watford at home. On Monday, had in not been for the sending off, we probably would have scored and at best Brighton would have got a hard fought equaliser. There's no way they would have won.

And if your granny had balls.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At St Mary's you lost one player and fell apart. It was so one-sided after that it was embarrassing....or are you saying that it would have been that way even if you had kept 11 men on the pitch?

I think the general consensus, bar the fans who are unable to take off their blue and white specs, is that we would have lost that game any way. It was all southampton and other than right after you scored the first, we didn't show any attacking purpose. Maybe if we had eleven men we would have come out a bit more attacking, but I doubt it.

Sep 1, 2010
had in not been for the sending off, we probably would have scored and at best Brighton would have got a hard fought equaliser. There's no way they would have won.

What a ridiculous assumption based on bugger all facts other than pure guess work. If you become anymore bitter Harvey's Brewery may be in touch. The facts are, We both got a deserved but silly red card, you quite possibly may of scored but nothing backs that up conclusively, you missed 2 absolute sitters and most importantly we WON 3-0.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

What a COCK. Please f*** OFF

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Emmmm is that the the taste of sour grapes? Man up you lost 3-0 accept it and move on!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
What a ridiculous assumption based on bugger all facts other than pure guess work. If you become anymore bitter Harvey's Brewery may be in touch. The facts are, We both got a deserved but silly red card, you quite possibly may of scored but nothing backs that up conclusively, you missed 2 absolute sitters and most importantly we WON 3-0.

And dont forget Arty, Super Will mugged off Dan Harding to bits so badly silly little Dan had to show what a poor defender and petulant twat he was.

Ha ha great days!

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Have you f***ing seen the challenge by Harding you prick !!! It was a clean take of the ball. He swept the ball away and his legs werent off the floor. Your players were diving at every opportunity. and look at the way the rest of your cheating players congratulated El Abd after his discusting reaction. Albion have always for me been a fair team but your oilbag racist manager has changed all that. You'll try any cheating method to get a result. Only problem is your miles adrift at the bottom of the fair play league and are known as the league's cheats. Even more dirty than Pompey.

I dont hate Harding but looking down that line, he threw himself across Buckley and rugby tackled him at one point in the first half, he got away because ref and linesman werent in line, nothing was given. Throughout half his tactic was to baulk Buckley by coming across him and he did it time and time again.. Whats sad is that our fans were gracious when we get our arses kicked this year, but when it happens to you????

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I dont disagree with that about first game never thought you were ever in control at Amex though. Harding was rugby tackling Buckley, clearest chance of first half fell to Cook, and I'm usually a pessimist but was half expected what happened in second half. It reminded me of what happened at your place last year, you threw everything at us in first 30 mins after that you looked knackered and as game went on we, without most of our first team, got better and better. I think the answer to playing you is put half the reserve team out and pass the ball because you dont move the ball like a premiership team and when you cant bully players with strength the wheels come off.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I dont hate Harding but looking down that line, he threw himself across Buckley and rugby tackled him at one point in the first half, he got away because ref and linesman werent in line, nothing was given. Throughout half his tactic was to baulk Buckley by coming across him and he did it time and time again.. Whats sad is that our fans were gracious when we get our arses kicked this year, but when it happens to you????

ROLL%20OVER%20LAUGHING.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even though Saints were clearly the better team in the game at SMS (we did hit the bar not to forget, so there were a FEW chances), I think we gave up at the point that we realised that the referee was ACTUALLY being paid by Southampton to make sure they won. Pretty demoralising, that.

Yes, we probably would've lost but it was at least a contest until the ref handed the game to Soton. Whereas at the Amex it was a fantastic battle, quite end to end at times, and we were improving as the game went on, before Lambert was then sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here