Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I expect Moon Flower and Cloud Child will be appearing in court for a little patted wrist later.
Yep and in twenty years time when they have been handed the chairman of the board role by daddy Earl St Giles Fotherington.
at "Refined Gasoline Are Us"
They will tell the story about the time they were a rebel, and oh how daddy was embarrassed, so much so he took my Land Rover off me for a month.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If they chose to aim these stunts at companies linked to fossil fuels then the general public would be more interested in backing them. Why not target the motor industry for example, or certain politicians. But no, they go after Stone Henge, Snooker events, & the Chelsea flower show 🤦‍♂️

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Morons. Absolute morons. What makes them think that blighting an historical monument is going to get the masses to rally to their cause?

What has led them to conclude that inanimate lumps of stone are contributing to pollution / global warming etc?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It's orange powder paint everyone. It comes off.

Meanwhile, the lobbyists are succeeding in getting governments to row back on climate targets.

Who gives a sh!t about some old stones if there's f*cker around to look at them in the future.
But that’s partly why this is so annoying. It’s a cause everyone can get behind, what JSO are fighting for is very much needed, but they make themselves so disliked. Their actions are such an own goal while they have an easy open goal at the opposite end…

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I’m assuming on 21st there may be several Druidy type persons up there who’s annual enjoyment has been tarnished by these berks.

i don’t have a clue as to if Druids etc cast spells or not but would be quite apt if they did and made the perpetrators have the worst case of a tango tan seen on record, and one that lasts about 6 months. It would be okay though as it would ‘wash off in the rain, eventually‘.

Sure the JSO’s would understand that that’s alright then.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Starting to think the 'theory' that they're being paid by oil companies to discredit climate change campaigners may not be that far fetched...
I’m leaning towards this now too. It’s not so crazy when you think about it; it defies sanity for a group to do this and expect support.

Speaking of defying sanity, I also don’t think it’s so far fetched to question whether JSO are encouraging mentally ill people to commit these crimes. To any sane person, the actions seem completely at odds with the issue at hand, and is completely lacking in joined-up thinking.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Based on recent court cases they'll be disproportionately punished as most environmental protesters seem to be
right, you think so.
Tell that to all the very many seriously sick folk who have missed vitally important medical appointments and procedures owing to these tits. Disproportionate my R’s

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's orange powder paint everyone. It comes off.

Meanwhile, the lobbyists are succeeding in getting governments to row back on climate targets.

Who gives a sh!t about some old stones if there's f*cker around to look at them in the future.
It’s all about hearts and minds, picking a target that will negatively trigger the very people whose support you want is just stupid. Dumping a lorry load of cow shit on the drive of the CEO of a fossil fuel company is a better strategy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But that’s partly why this is so annoying. It’s a cause everyone can get behind, what JSO are fighting for is very much needed, but they make themselves so disliked. Their actions are such an own goal while they have an easy open goal at the opposite end…
Believe me, I first started getting involved in all this thirty years ago when I worked for The Body Shop. Nobody gives a sh!t about saving the human race (let alone the planet which we know will carry on without us.) There simply isn't anymore time left for nicey nicey stuff. The powers in big business and politics ranged against us are huge. I admire their direct action.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s all about hearts and minds, picking a target that will negatively trigger the very people whose support you want is just stupid. Dumping a lorry load of cow shit on the drive of the CEO of a fossil fuel company is a better strategy.
Right now, I think there's no such thing as bad publicity. But I agree, target the lobbyists, media owners and CEOs too,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
right, you think so.
Tell that to all the very many seriously sick folk who have missed vitally important medical appointments and procedures owing to these tits. Disproportionate my R’s
Anti protestors always use missed appointments or missed funerals as an excuse to bash them. In reality, there have been very few ‘missed appointments’. How many of us go on a motorway to hospital?
The one chap who rang up to complain he’d missed his father’s funeral, was told the demonstration was advertise, so he could’ve checked the day before and chose an alternative route.

The press love emotive stories and make the most of them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
right, you think so.
Do they do a lot of that at Stonehenge now?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Right now, I think there's no such thing as bad publicity. But I agree, target the lobbyists, media owners and CEOs too,
Sorry, genuine question, do you think there are a lot of people in the UK who don't know there's a climate change emergency? It's on mainstream media, it's on social media, in books, in schools, in political policy.

But thanks to fellas like Trump it's become divisive. We have Reform campaigning on scrapping net zero, that means they have to know there's a net zero policy and why.

So, firstly, there's probably nothing more likely than a middle class eco warier in a bright t-shirt stopping me driving to work or getting my flight cancelled or disturbing my sightseeing trip to tip me over onto the 'wrong' side. Pissing people off doesn't win you the argument.

And that's before the fact that if I bought an EV and turned vegan today China and India would still be killing the planet and there'd be the square root of f-all I could do about it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Anti protestors always use missed appointments or missed funerals as an excuse to bash them. In reality, there have been very few ‘missed appointments’. How many of us go on a motorway to hospital?
The one chap who rang up to complain he’d missed his father’s funeral, was told the demonstration was advertise, so he could’ve checked the day before and chose an alternative route.

The press love emotive stories and make the most of them.
very few is still a few too many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here