Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I hope we've included an option to extend his deal because this boy looks amazing. He looks like he could slot in straight away, forget loaning him out. He looks incredible.

How did we snatch this guy?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope we've included an option to extend his deal because this boy looks amazing. He looks like he could slot in straight away, forget loaning him out. He looks incredible.

It would be good to starting booing him, deriding his inability to shoot or assist from distance, sooner rather than later.

All this delayed gratification isn't good for the heart.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

On a 4.5 year deal initially so no rush................

Youtube highlights reels are what they are, but this lad genuinely looks outstanding.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah well. Best of luck to some Belgium team

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Sounds like a confident lad. This from a new article on The Athletic:

Zachodny says: “I remember talking to him straight after the game against Spain, when he came on for Mateusz Klich (the Leeds midfielder).
“I asked him whether things happened too quick for him on the pitch. It was quite interesting to have a 17-year-old for such an important game for Poland.
“He said, ‘No, we played the long ball too much. We should pass to me, I would do something special’.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
DA - "Jakub, is there any other young Polish player we should be looking at?"

JM - "Yes Sir. There is this one little ****er who done me like an absolute ****ing kipper! I couldn't live with the ****. Best thing to come out of Poland since ****ing walkie talkies! Sign him up boss!".

:lolol: :bowdown:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I’ve got a mate who supports Liverpool, he’s one of the rare ones who actually supports Liverpool.

He reckons the noise up there is they were seriously interested but Koz wanted to go somewhere where he has clear and likely path to first team football. If that’s the case then it’s a brilliant attitude and exactly what we want. If it means we’ve pulled out another Lamptey style bargain then we’re laughing.

Bissouma, Moder, Mwepu, Mac Allister, Alzate, Caicedo, Kozlowski. Can’t be many teams in the world with a more exciting bunch of youngsters in the middle of the park. :drool:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve got a mate who supports Liverpool, he’s one of the rare ones who actually supports Liverpool.

He reckons the noise up there is they were seriously interested but Koz wanted to go somewhere where he has clear and likely path to first team football. If that’s the case then it’s a brilliant attitude and exactly what we want. If it means we’ve pulled out another Lamptey style bargain then we’re laughing.

Bissouma, Moder, Mwepu, Mac Allister, Alzate, Caicedo, Kozlowski. Can’t be many teams in the world with a more exciting bunch of youngsters in the middle of the park. :drool:

Exactly - we shouldn’t underestimate the impact of the club philosophy regarding talent development and opportunity on potential signings like Kacper…….it’s precisely what has happened to Lamptey that will have helped him make a decision to come here. Long term might even be a better policy than spunking 100s of millions on PL-ready players :lolol:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Probably echo most of the other comments but the kid looks so strong in the clips, hard to believe he's only 18! Good luck to him at USG

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Bloody hell, you mean there’s another one?
Anyway, your mate was correct. I understand we asked him along to the academy but he refused saying he thought he was ready for 1st team football. Not sure that went down too well, but give him his due he’s confident.
Definitely, a good deal.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Bloody hell, you mean there’s another one?
Anyway, your mate was correct. I understand we asked him along to the academy but he refused saying he thought he was ready for 1st team football. Not sure that went down too well, but give him his due he’s confident.
Definitely, a good deal.
As he has played in the Euros I can see why that would be his attitude. Although Liverpool are of course a bigger club, if it was me u23 football would seem like a backpack step.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Hello again guys, I popped in here after Moder and Karbownik's transfer to chat with you a bit about these guys (and add some precious southeastern perspective :cool: ). I think now is a good time to be back If you don't mind. I carefully sifted through all 31 pages of this thread to be honest :cheers::lolol:

So first, there's one much more interesting anecdote than the one with Klich after the game with Spain. Kozlowski (btw the easiest way to pronounce it is Koz-love-ski - maybe not the most accurate but still the easiest to begin with :cheers:) , 17 yo and an absolute debut, during the game rebuked Lewandowski "Lewy, press press!" (like wtf man, get to work :lol:punk::lolol:) Source: https://polskatimes.pl/euro-2020-ka...ego-krzyczal-lewy-do-pressingu/ar/c2-15672296

Second, the strongest asset of Kacper is his mental. He plays against some junior team, a month later in Ekstraklasa against eg Lech Poznań, a month later against Spain in the crucial second game (after unfortunate loss to Slovakia) of Euro 2020 and he is f****** solid, he plays his game no matter who stands against him. We happened to have really good players in history yet out problem was always mental. They burnt and played shit in crucial moments. We were impressed that Moder seemed to be extremely stable for his age but Kacper is even stronger in the head.

Third, some of you are disappointed that he goes for a loan to Belgium. Couldn't he fight for the squad in the spring like Moder and Karbo earlier? Well, I bet he could but Brexit happened and its regulations now came to pass (since 01.01.22). You got some work permit issues and some point stuff to be collected (it is quite smoothly described here, just use some transl. - https://weszlo.com/2022/01/04/kacper-kozlowski-brighton-transfer-pozwolenie-na-prace/ )

4, after/during pandemic period really few clubs could buy Kozlowski. I know it may sound funny because we're talking Pogoń Szczecin, Polish Ekstraklasa like hello guys what's this? But also we're talking about one of the biggest talents in Europe at his position, the youngest player in Euro's history and regular player of his senior team that is lately regular top4 in the league. It's normal they expected to level off Moder's transfer (if not beat this 10mln EUR league record). It may be interesting what their chairman said today, that 20 clubs were seriously interested [https://weszlo.com/2022/01/05/kozlowskim-interesowalo-s/] but since they expected at least 9-10MLN EUR only BPL could afford it. He mentioned that they declined a few offers from Bundesliga (I bet BVB because they'd love to have some Polish talent again, it's quite their DNA this century ;) So I think the final race was between you and Liverpool, and you were more determined (your wise, long-term club strategy) and also Kacper knew that in Liverepoll there's quite a chance that he will follow Bartosz Kapustka's footsteps from 2016 champions Leicester. Set aside that, Kapustka (however talented) is known to be a bit lazy and his mental is maybe 25% Moder's and Kozłowski's but come on it was 5,5 years ago and first new Polish guys for BPL since maybe a decade. No one knew anything solid back than. You don't refuse BPL champion's offer anyway, especially when you're just some shitty Cracovia.

What else... maybe about your last Polish purchase. I am really glad that "Modzio" met your expectations, he needs to add some more numbers to the Gulls' stats but his limits are much higher. However, you know it already.

Karbownik had a brilliant start in Legia as a LWB. He came out of completely nowhere, a youngster from a reserve squad. Then, after a round or so, it was rumoured that he's observed by Barcelona scouts and literally half of Europe is asking about him (more or less what now happened with Kacper). His manager Mariusz Piekarski promised that his transfer will be new Polish record. Later on he said that Karbo was originally a centre midfielder and should be set back on his position (plus he could be sold for more as a CM than LWB) and Karbownik was therefore confused and overwhelmed by changes. His progress was disrupted and later on became a shadow of himself, bland and nervous in play. So when Legia's dreams of league's transfer record (8-10 mln before Poznań's Moder) started to fade and die (like some bubbles :lolol:) he was pushed with Moder for 4 or 4,5 mln EUR as a promotion but in truth it was really last time of his hype to get some money out of it and Legia (in quite dire need for money) knew that very well.

I hope that in summer Kacper will start his real path in Brighton. It's good and important for him to have Moder in club already :rock::flameboun

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wisła Kraków;10124162 said:
Hello again guys, I popped in here after Moder and Karbownik's transfer to chat with you a bit about these guys (and add some precious southeastern perspective :cool: ). I think now is a good time to be back If you don't mind. I carefully sifted through all 31 pages of this thread to be honest :cheers::lolol:

<snip>

I hope that in summer Kacper will start his real path in Brighton. It's good and important for him to have Moder in club as well already :rock::flameboun

Many thanks for the insights :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Does being 24 still count as a youngster (it does to most of us on NSC to be sure, but in terms of professional footballers?)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Wisła good to see you again. Moder is growing into a top player and Kozłowski appears to have real promise too.

Pleased to have this dynamic young Polish duo at the club, once USG have won the title..

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Wisła Kraków;10124162 said:

So first, there's one much more interesting anecdote than the one with Klich after the game with Spain. Kozlowski (btw the easiest way to pronounce it is Koz-love-ski - maybe not the most accurate but still the easiest to begin with :cheers:) , 17 yo and an absolute debut, during the game rebuked Lewandowski "Lewy, press press!" (like wtf man, get to work :lol:punk::lolol:) Source: https://polskatimes.pl/euro-2020-ka...ego-krzyczal-lewy-do-pressingu/ar/c2-15672296

Second, the strongest asset of Kacper is his mental. He plays against some junior team, a month later in Ekstraklasa against eg Lech Poznań, a month later against Spain in the crucial second game (after unfortunate loss to Slovakia) of Euro 2020 and he is f****** solid, he plays his game no matter who stands against him. We happened to have really good players in history yet out problem was always mental. They burnt and played shit in crucial moments. We were impressed that Moder seemed to be extremely stable for his age but Kacper is even stronger in the head.

Third, some of you are disappointed that he goes for a loan to Belgium. Couldn't he fight for the squad in the spring like Moder and Karbo earlier? Well, I bet he could but Brexit happened and its regulations now came to pass (since 01.01.22). You got some work permit issues and some point stuff to be collected (it is quite smoothly described here, just use some transl. - https://weszlo.com/2022/01/04/kacper-kozlowski-brighton-transfer-pozwolenie-na-prace/ )

4, after/during pandemic period really few clubs could buy Kozlowski. I know it may sound funny because we're talking Pogoń Szczecin, Polish Ekstraklasa like hello guys what's this? But also we're talking about one of the biggest talents in Europe at his position, the youngest player in Euro's history and regular player of his senior team that is lately regular top4 in the league. It's normal they expected to level off Moder's transfer (if not beat this 10mln EUR league record). It may be interesting what their chairman said today, that 20 clubs were seriously interested [https://weszlo.com/2022/01/05/kozlowskim-interesowalo-s/] but since they expected at least 9-10MLN EUR only BPL could afford it. He mentioned that they declined a few offers from Bundesliga (I bet BVB because they'd love to have some Polish talent again, it's quite their DNA this century ;) So I think the final race was between you and Liverpool, and you were more determined (your wise, long-term club strategy) and also Kacper knew that in Liverepoll there's quite a chance that he will follow Bartosz Kapustka's footsteps from 2016 champions Leicester. Set aside that, Kapustka (however talented) is known to be a bit lazy and his mental is maybe 25% Moder's and Kozłowski's but come on it was 5,5 years ago and first new Polish guys for BPL since maybe a decade. No one knew anything solid back than. You don't refuse BPL champion's offer anyway, especially when you're just some shitty Cracovia.

What else... maybe about your last Polish purchase. I am really glad that "Modzio" met your expectations, he needs to add some more numbers to the Gulls' stats but his limits are much higher. However, you know it already.

Karbownik had a brilliant start in Legia as a LWB. He came out of completely nowhere, a youngster from a reserve squad. Then, after a round or so, it was rumoured that he's observed by Barcelona scouts and literally half of Europe is asking about him (more or less what now happened with Kacper). His manager Mariusz Piekarski promised that his transfer will be new Polish record. Later on he said that Karbo was originally a centre midfielder and should be set back on his position (plus he could be sold for more as a CM than LWB) and Karbownik was therefore confused and overwhelmed by changes. His progress was disrupted and later on became a shadow of himself, bland and nervous in play. So when Legia's dreams of league's transfer record (8-10 mln before Poznań's Moder) started to fade and die (like some bubbles :lolol:) he was pushed with Moder for 4 or 4,5 mln EUR as a promotion but in truth it was really last time of his hype to get some money out of it and Legia (in quite dire need for money) knew that very well.

I hope that in summer Kacper will start his real path in Brighton. It's good and important for him to have Moder in club already :rock::flameboun

Thanks for the insight. It should certainly help that Moder is here, and I love Kacper's confidence. I'm sure he will be part of the first team squad next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here