[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have to say I'm more excited about this signing than seeing Tau make his debut (perhaps because I had seen quite a bit of Tau and really didnt think he would make it in the PL).

Then again I'm also more excited about watching the U23s than I am about any transfer rumours. I look forward to see Ferguson make his PL debut more than I look forward to the next striker signing.

As you've watched a fair bit of USG, can you divulge your views on Mitoma and, particularly, prospects as a PL player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As you've watched a fair bit of USG, can you divulge your views on Mitoma and, particularly, prospects as a PL player.

I saw him more in Kawasaki as they played fantastic football in the 2020 and 2021 seasons, won a lot of money on them and as they frequently play in the morning or early in the day I saw most of their games. I thought he was excellent and unlucky to be overshadowed attention wise by veterans Leandro Damiao (former Brazil national team striker) and legend Yu Kobayashi but I think he was every bit as good as them.

You never know what you get when you sign players from Asian leagues. There is a lot of class hiding over there but there's fair reasons why European clubs often loan the best players from Japan before making a decision to buy them. Brighton took a cheap punt and I think he could well be a PL player, because he has the technical ability and pace. Remains to be seen of course, but at the very least I think Brighton will make a profit on him.

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Moder is looking fantastic, except that he has caught the ‘Brighton disease’. He can’t shoot for shit anymore yet his Polish showreel evidences a man with a supreme long range shot. Was he actually known for this shooting prowess in the land of walkie talkies and bullet proof vests? If so, when will it return? We need his goals to sustain a top 10 position.

True, at the beginning he was regular and solid with long range shots, you could easily tell that's not a matter of luck or coincidence. I think that later when more pressure appeared and people focused on this aspect, he got into worse period with these shots and ceased to do it at ease. After some fails he probably decieded to do it less frequently and now it is rare to see him make good try. This may last till the next successful attempt, than he'll unblock and perhaps be back to it. It's also important what Graham thinks about these attempts now, if he discourages him or the opposite.

For the record, I wouldn't love it a fraction as much if we had an owner like Abramovich or Saudi Arabia.

I love it too, that is always more satisfactory for the fans to come along the whole way "by yourself" and your ideas & strategy. Football in last two decades saw many "meteor" clubs bought by a rich guy who made many loud and expensive moves right away and after a few years just left, leaving the club and fans with debts and often degradation or even bankrupcy. Maybe it's not the case for BPL that much (since now it's like a promised land to own a club here, or even in Championship) but generally speaking each of you can easily name a number of clubs that shared that fate. And even if the owner is still there for years (Chelsea, City etc.) it's completely different feeling when City wins the league or eg Leicester. I really enjoyed Man Utd in the 90's and their rivalry with Arsenal, Chelsea with Tore Andre Flo, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Zola. I remember Leeds in CL. Those were really worthwhile football stories that can still be cherished.

I stayed in Brighton for 3 weeks in 2005 and I remember you played like in League One back then. I even thought "how fancy it would be to see them in BPL before I die" So I'm 34 now and you doing very, very well :D :clap::albion:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Exactly as I feel about it. For me it’s a signing for some Belgium/ European side as was the Japanese fella and to a certain degree Caicedo

Once they come over to us and start playing whenever that may be, that will be good, but they are not on my radar and frankly I don’t care about these buy to loan players.

To reiterate, the amount of shit abramovitch got on here about him loaning out so many players ( it was 46 at one point) seems a bit churlish. How many people actually think that Matt Clarke ( the kiddie from Portsmouth and has been hawked around the championship) will ever be seen in the premier team!

Maybe football has become a , buy a youngster for as little as you can get for him, send him out on loan to various teams and sell him on for as much money as you can get! That seemed to be the business model for Ben White and yes we had a season out of him, but he was our cash cow!

You SHOULD care about these buy to loan players. By making these astute acquisitions over the last few years the club has virtually guaranteed its future as a Premier league / competitive Championship side.

Even in a Domesday scenario where we get relegated and have to sell every single one of our 26-man Premier League matchday squad we would still be able to field the following side (containing 6 full internationals) in the Championship:

Walton
Karbownik
Cochrane
Ostigard
Van Hecke
Clarke
Caicedo
Molumby
Kozlowski
Zeqiri
Mitoma

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It’s all gone very quiet re Kacper. We paid a lot of money for him and as he didn’t play yesterday in the cup match I’m assuming he’ll go out on loan, but where to?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You SHOULD care about these buy to loan players. By making these astute acquisitions over the last few years the club has virtually guaranteed its future as a Premier league / competitive Championship side.

Even in a Domesday scenario where we get relegated and have to sell every single one of our 26-man Premier League matchday squad we would still be able to field the following side (containing 6 full internationals) in the Championship:

Walton
Karbownik
Cochrane
Ostigard
Van Hecke
Clarke
Caicedo
Molumby
Kozlowski
Zeqiri
Mitoma

Interesting list. 5 already permanently gone, Karbownik and Zeqiri loaned out and looking less and less likely to stay with Albion. No criticism intended. It's the process and with loan fees, wages contributions and sale fees, I doubt the cost was huge in the scheme of things and indeed, we likely made a profit overall. Excluding Kozlowski, that just leaves Caicedo, Mitoma and Van Hecke. Mind you, if the only full first team star left from that list is Caicedo then bingo, the system works truly brilliantly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Another beershot situation.

Vitesse are garbage.

Frustrating move.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Vitesse are garbage.

Frustrating move.

I see they just got gubbed 4-0 at home by winless Heerenveen, and by the look of the highlights on YouTube it could have been much worse. Scherpen looked poor, a static figure throughout with a howler for the 2nd goal and legs that you could drive a truck through. I would be very surprised if he got anywhere near the Albion bench, let alone the 1st XI.

I also see that one Romaric Yapi was on the bench for Vitesse having joined them from the Albion a year ago. I guess that's where the connection with them comes from.

This is the pre-season write-up on Vitesse from the Football Oranje website:

Vitesse - Current situation

Peace and quiet never last long at Vitesse, but this summer the unrest has turned up yet another notch. Russian owner Valeri Oyf initially provided relief by announcing he’d waive the £125 million the club owed him, but there’s not been any further update on a takeover. Meanwhile on the pitch, Vitesse have had to say goodbye to several key players without getting replacements of similar quality. It’s resulted in a frankly dreadful pre-season and a negative atmosphere around the club, a group of supporters have requested a meeting with the board to get some clarity on where they stand, on and off the pitch. As long as that unrest lingers, it’ll be difficult for them to mount a challenge to qualify for another European campaign, like the one they all so thoroughly enjoyed last term. They won’t go down, not by a long stretch, but the good times might be over for now.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Vitesse are garbage.

Frustrating move.

Vitesse are quite good at developing young players though.

And the Caicedo loan clearly helped prepare him for his eventual PL return.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Vitesse are quite good at developing young players though.

And the Caicedo loan clearly helped prepare him for his eventual PL return.

Yeh, if Caicedo's transition to the first team had been a disaster than i'd agree with the fella.

There's nothing inherently wrong with loaning a player to a team at the wrong end of the league. It teaches them a certain skillset

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeh, if Caicedo's transition to the first team had been a disaster than i'd agree with the fella.

There's nothing inherently wrong with loaning a player to a team at the wrong end of the league. It teaches them a certain skillset

Maybe we're hoping he learns how to defend so he can take over from MacAllister as DCM when he's sold on? The 5 behind him look absolutely awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports