Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
My guess is that they now have a minimum PSR cheating amount they need to agree with Leicester having agreed the transfer in principle in general terms at the weekend.

Essentially, they have Leicester over a barrel. I wonder if they’ll now try to reduce their offer as much as they can. Both teams may well get a point a deduction if they don’t agree so they obviously will but I’m thinking that Leicester will have got a much, much better deal from us where as the player can go into semi-retirement on Chelsea’s bench with double what we’d have payed him.

Leicester did a deal with the devil and are now facing the consequences.
I dont think Leicester had a choice once their player bailed on the deal with us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This - I’ve used the ‘ignore’ button, but now this thread is derailed by individuals who I believe have something interesting to say, and don’t want to ignore….

I only go on NSC to discuss football and a few other bits, so when I look at a ‘insert potential signings name’, and get more BS about RdZ it is quite wearing.

Fish puns
The Albion
Tracker

In that order

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I guess the next question is, is he the next Frank Lampard, or the next Steve Sidwell, Scott Parker, Danny Drinkwater, Ross Barkley?

Here's hoping it's the latter

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sure but you just ignore the Swede, can't you?

I have.

View attachment 184965
It's still a pain having so many people respond to him.
But it's better than seeing his posts and the responses.
I guess so, but it's not in my nature to block posters online. I'll happily scroll past on most occasions bernadette you know - even in this latest guise - what you're going to get.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A Brighton fan saying a group consisting of Ajax, Marseille and AEK is "very easy". **** me.

But that's not the point people are making. We had a Minteh thread turned into a De Zerbi thread by Han Solo and now we've got a KDH thread turning into a RDZ thread by Han Solo. At best he's labouring a point we all understand and have moved on from. At worst he's publicly cry wanking his ego into a sock.

Either way it's dull.
In fairness we were drawn in a group with two former European champions with massive supporter bases and a Greek side with a huge following.
However, when we played them last season Ajax were experiencing their worst form in recent history and Marseille were in turmoil using three managers in the season, plus a caretaker manager.

The bookies rightly made us favourites for a group that we won.
It was only a group of death when looking at history.
It wasn't an easy group, we had to play well to win the group and every moment of the ride was amazing.

I will never forget Marseille away, the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Akin to being stuck on the number 78 bus on a damp November Tuesday evening, my Walkman has run out of batteries, and I’m being forced to listen to two slightly drunk toss pots having the most boring conversation I think I’ve ever heard…
For the avoidance of doubt, I've never travelled on the number 78 bus.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In fairness we were drawn in a group with two former European champions with massive supporter bases and a Greek side with a huge following.
However, when we played them last season Ajax were experiencing their worst form in recent history and Marseille were in turmoil using three managers in the season, plus a caretaker manager.

The bookies rightly made us favourites for a group that we won.
It was only a group of death when looking at history.
It wasn't an easy group, we had to play well to win the group and every moment of the ride was amazing.

I will never forget Marseille away, the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game.
I know, but some of that is what I implied without saying out loud.

AEK have a European pedigree and were probably the side that schooled us the most. First game Marseille away - 66,000 nutters and 2-0 down but came back to 2-2. Ajax are European royalty. And then there’s Brighton who were playing Rochdale in League Two in 2000.

For someone to pretend that’s easy just to score a point or two on the internet is incredible.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I know, but some of that is what I implied without saying out loud.

AEK have a European pedigree and were probably the side that schooled us the most. First game Marseille away - 66,000 nutters and 2-0 down but came back to 2-2. Ajax are European royalty. And then there’s Brighton who were playing Rochdale in League Two in 2000.

For someone to pretend that’s easy just to score a point or two on the internet is incredible.
I can't help but feel that if Brighton were England, somebody would have claimed that we got knocked out by the first decent team we met.

More seriously, I definitely remember telling some colleagues of mine in Leeds in September/October-ish who were going on about what a good start to the season we were having that we weren't actually playing all that well.

My main reason for bringing this up is the opportunity to dwell on Leeds still being in the Championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't help but feel that if Brighton were England, somebody would have claimed that we got knocked out by the first decent team we met.

More seriously, I definitely remember telling some colleagues of mine in Leeds in September/October-ish who were going on about what a good start to the season we were having that we weren't actually playing all that well.

My main reason for bringing this up is the opportunity to dwell on Leeds still being in the Championship.
By the end of September we’d won 4-1 twice and 3-1 three times in a row.

Imagine if we’d played well.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
By the end of September we’d won 4-1 twice and 3-1 three times in a row.

Imagine if we’d played well.
Imagine if we could have continued anything resembling that form beyond the 6th match of the Premier league season.

I'm terrible at remembering details of matches (including incidents directly in front of me, 5 seconds previously), but given the results that followed the end of September, I suspect my view at the time had more to it than can be dismissed by pointing at the results.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My guess is that they now have a minimum PSR cheating amount they need to agree with Leicester having agreed the transfer in principle in general terms at the weekend.

Essentially, they have Leicester over a barrel. I wonder if they’ll now try to reduce their offer as much as they can. Both teams may well get a point a deduction if they don’t agree so they obviously will but I’m thinking that Leicester will have got a much, much better deal from us where as the player can go into semi-retirement on Chelsea’s bench with double what we’d have payed him.

Leicester did a deal with the devil and are now facing the consequences.

Thanks HR. Chelsea have the morals of a sewer rat and the integrity of a snake. It would not only be unsurprising that they now try to renegotiate a 'better' deal, but it would be utterly joyous if either or both were to get points deducted as a result.

KDH is put into the Pritchard Category for me. I really hope his career flounders and he only gets 3 games in the FA Cup all season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now, this thread is about Kieran Dewsbury-Hall, a Leicester player who apparently didn't want to come to us and has now signed for Chelsea. Anyone left with any worthwhile additions to that particular conversation?
I'd like to know what Potter and RDZ are doing about the situation.

1901Seagulls

Nov 13, 2023
why shouldn’t he be paid more than Dunk out of interest ? KDH has a much higher ceiling / potential than where Dunk is now. Plus Dunks last deal was a couple of years back now wasn’t it ?
He’s Captain and has longer service. It is not good for the motivation of the dressing room, (something we will never be aware of the full effect) If someone comes in, paid more than the other players, than sold-on a season or two afterwards. Trossard stated -he was only joining Brighton as a stepping stone for a bigger club (thoughts he should have kept to himself) This attitude also reflects why De Zerbi, had a falling-out with him. Again, this approach must have been a bad influence with other players. Once you go down the path of breaking the Club’s pay structure, as I stated before, The Albion are handing the emphasis of power to the Agents.
Bloom, has a long turn strategy for the benefit of our Club, and not to give-in to some fan’s expectations that they should pay what a player and his Agent wants, even if it disappoints many of our supporters!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s Captain and has longer service. It is not good for the motivation of the dressing room, (something we will never be aware of the full effect) If someone comes in, paid more than the other players, than sold-on a season or two afterwards. Trossard stated -he was only joining Brighton as a stepping stone for a bigger club (thoughts he should have kept to himself) This attitude also reflects why De Zerbi, had a falling-out with him. Again, this approach must have been a bad influence with other players. Once you go down the path of breaking the Club’s pay structure, as I stated before, The Albion are handing the emphasis of power to the Agents.
Bloom, has a long turn strategy for the benefit of our Club, and not to give-in to some fan’s expectations that they should pay what a player and his Agent wants, even if it disappoints many of our supporters!
Fair enough, but I disagree a 33 this season Lewis Dunk should be a top earner (nor do I think he is anymore)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fair enough, but I disagree a 33 this season Lewis Dunk should be a top earner (nor do I think he is anymore)

I would think he was probably amongst the top earners last few seasons, but certainly didn't have 'highest paid player' in his contract. Could you ever see TBMBE/PBOBE letting that through :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here