Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Chelsea is everything wrong with modern football. You can hate Palace all you like but at least they’re a real football club.

Would love KDH at Brighton, but infinite money cheats Chelsea will just continue to offer infinitely more whenever we have a target.

On one hand it’s flattering they’re copying us at every stage, but it’s also more annoying than anything I’ve ever witnessed in football.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I missed the sarcasm!

Money will talk. Players invariably opt to take double the pay packet, despite the risk of being a bench warmer.

Well, Popular legend has it that Liverpool actually offered Caicedo more money than Chelsea last summer and he was happy enough to go there. But something- hmmm, what COULD it have been?- persuaded his agent to convince Moisés that Stamford Bridge was the better deal for him, despite Liverpool being a bigger club, title contenders, with one of the best coaches in the game, and having Champions League football to look forward to.

Yeah, it's a mystery to me too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Winstanley seemingly hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing without the data TB provided him with.
How much have the fuckers fallen under the Russian a Brighton target wouldn’t even flicker on Chelsea’s radar.
Todd was advised to follow the Brighton model of buying young, developing players at low prices to sell on at a large profit but he forgot everything except buy young players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, Popular legend has it that Liverpool actually offered Caicedo more money than Chelsea last summer and he was happy enough to go there. But something- hmmm, what COULD it have been?- persuaded his agent to convince Moisés that Stamford Bridge was the better deal for him, despite Liverpool being a bigger club, title contenders, with one of the best coaches in the game, and having Champions League football to look forward to.

Yeah, it's a mystery to me too.

According to the Telegraph last September. Seeing Arteta’s failed move for Caicedo, in Feb 23 Chelsea made contact with Caicedo’s agents and wooed them for months. Caicedo’s new Albion contract wasn’t decisive as mentioned by @drew and @Weststander said at the time. Chelsea won them over, it was then months arguing over the fee with us. The 2023/24 Chelsea accounts or data FIFA force clubs to make public, will reveal a record breaking sum paid by Chelsea to agents, you can guess the rest. The agents wouldn’t allow Caicedo to move to any other club, they had control of him at a London hotel. The silver lining was that we made £30m more out of by Liverpool’s interference.

It’s wages and agents fees from clubs, again.

Wasn’t there a time when agents only made their income, x percent, from their players?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If piece the reports together from various sources then it looks like we were all set to complete a swap deal with medicals booked and Chelsea got wind and made enquiries and now the player wants to hold out to see if Chelsea move to make offer and whilst this goes on our deal now stalled.

I wonder how much longer PBOBE and TB can keep up the pretence of welcoming the Chelsea directors to their seats pre-match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here