Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It did.

We had a mix of some trying to debate a very sensitive subject in a respectable way with an exchange of different views. And then others who did no more than trade one line insults.
Another political thread successfully detailed by those who shout loudest.

It's interesting that the Tory meltdown thread has died down in favour of this one - almost as though people think that we basically have a Labour government in waiting already.

The "what about X?" and "they're all the same!" arguments are also telling. Nothing at all about the benefits of 5 more years of Tory government, only feigned apathy or whataboutism.

I will say that Labour is running a campaign in which they try to build trust and credibility - they need to be cleaner than clean. It doesn't matter that their scandals are small fry compared to those of the last years of Conservative government.

The left wing within Labour are doing more damage to Keir than the Tories are. A purge of the far left of Labour is what is making them electable again, the Tories should really consider doing the same for their right wing. Britain does not naturally tend towards extremist politics, change is built slowly.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Another political thread successfully detailed by those who shout loudest.

It's interesting that the Tory meltdown thread has died down in favour of this one - almost as though people think that we basically have a Labour government in waiting already.

The "what about X?" and "they're all the same!" arguments are also telling. Nothing at all about the benefits of 5 more years of Tory government, only feigned apathy or whataboutism.

The left wing within Labour are doing more damage to Keir than the Tories are. A purge of the far left of Labour is what is making them electable again, the Tories should really consider doing the same for their right wing. Britain does not naturally tend towards extremist politics, change is built slowly.
This ^

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
A Labour candidate said he asked police not to respond if they were contacted by a resident he was planning to confront at their home.

Council leader Darren Rodwell claimed he used official systems to find the address of the person who had threatened him online.

"I found out where the person lived,” he told a podcast, “because I have the ways and means - so I used them.”

He added: “My office phoned the police up and said the leader wants to let you know: ‘Don’t worry if you get a call from this address’."

and for balance:

The Conservatives have selected a parliamentary candidate with links to preachers accused of homophobia and Islamophobia.

Darren Millar, who is currently a member of the Welsh Parliament, has been selected to stand for the new parliamentary seat of Clwyd North in North Wales.

Mr Millar has previously attracted controversy for his association with a pastor called Yang Tuck Yoong, who was criticised for homophobic views.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A Labour candidate said he asked police not to respond if they were contacted by a resident he was planning to confront at their home.

Council leader Darren Rodwell claimed he used official systems to find the address of the person who had threatened him online.

"I found out where the person lived,” he told a podcast, “because I have the ways and means - so I used them.”

He added: “My office phoned the police up and said the leader wants to let you know: ‘Don’t worry if you get a call from this address’."

and for balance:

The Conservatives have selected a parliamentary candidate with links to preachers accused of homophobia and Islamophobia.

Darren Millar, who is currently a member of the Welsh Parliament, has been selected to stand for the new parliamentary seat of Clwyd North in North Wales.

Mr Millar has previously attracted controversy for his association with a pastor called Yang Tuck Yoong, who was criticised for homophobic views.
British politics, you can't beat it.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I hope she does put her name forward. Boris was a buffoon but this woman takes the honours.........it's comedy gold !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The unelectable Bitter Left could always bugger off to form their own, narrow church.

IMG_2171.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

and for balance:

I'm hoping you didn't make a deliberate selection to imply that people called Darren are likely to behave in this way??!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Seven councillors have resigned from the Labour Party over the treatment of Diane Abbott and Faiza Shaheen, the party's position on Gaza, and comments by the local MP.

The councillors at Slough Borough Council said arguments over whether the pair could stand for election highlighted "institutional racism" in Labour.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Starmers democratic interference even too much for Michael Crick (a Blairite)

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Kier Starmer needs to sort out what the Labour Party defines as antisemitism - it needs to clarify it‘s position on Israel to its members

He's made it absolutely clear. This, apparently is not antisemitism. It warrants being found a safe seat in Durham North.

Attachments

• GOz64kvXkAAuUbe.png
    GOz64kvXkAAuUbe.png
    713 KB · Views: 29

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Neither are exactly charismatic men of the people, but Rishi Sunak always seems really chippy that he has to even try to 'win people over'.

He strikes me as someone who thinks his plan / policy has been so well thought through, that the only people who don't buy into it are too stupid to see why it's brilliant. As soon as he sees that someone isn't on board with it, he gets tetchy.

He's going to be an absolute liability in this campaign and I suspect he'll just get chippier and chippier. If he could campaign by PowerPoint, he would (and it would probably be more effective than putting him in front of anyone other than Tory party members - who all still wish they had Boris instead anyway).

Sunak is determined to prove my point.

Disrespecting D-Day and Veterans is an absolute guarantee of upsetting the Tory core support (as well as any right-minded individual).

He is so self-absorbed and will have HATED having to come out and apologise. CLUELESS.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Disrespecting D-Day and Veterans is an absolute guarantee of upsetting the Tory core support (as well as any right-minded individual).

He is so self-absorbed and will have HATED having to come out and apologise. CLUELESS.
Have to wonder if he is tone deaf or stone deaf. Surely the man has advisers to point out the colossal blunderness of this blunder.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I'm beginning to wonder if he even really cares anymore. He's more gaffe-riddled than Johnson, and Johnson choreographed weekly gaffes to stay on brand. Sunak is seemingly falling apart at the seams

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have to wonder if he is tone deaf or stone deaf. Surely the man has advisers to point out the colossal blunderness of this blunder.
According to Johnny Mercer it was his advisors to blame, or everyone else to blame. Take your choice.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
According to Johnny Mercer it was his advisors to blame, or everyone else to blame. Take your choice.
I'm surprised they're not blaming Labour, like they do for almost everything else!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here