Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what will stop all the other unions looking at that and rub their hands with glee? Effectively what you are saying is that it's better to cave into a strike and pay rather than risk industrial action expenses.
You don’t debate or offer alternative solutions but keep asking questions. Anyone can do that but it isn’t a discussion.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
22% over 2 years! There is a magic money tree.

There was certainly a Magic Money Tree when you Tories were slashing taxes for the better-off while imposing austerity on the rest of us, and spaffing £ billions during Covid by awarding lucrative contracts to Tory donors and Ministers' mates'.

Besides, if improved pay = higher retention of doctors, there will be fewer vacancies which need to be filled by recruiting doctors from overseas - I thought you Tories would approve of this, given how much you moan about foreigners "coming over 'ere" :tosser:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So more austerity in OGD's ?, I thought that's exactly what you all hated the Tories for ?
No, I hate the Tories for a helluva lot more than 'austerity'!

Anyway, as you lot love austerity, you should be cheering Reeves' statement this afternoon. :thumbsup:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
There was certainly a Magic Money Tree when you Tories were slashing taxes for the better-off while imposing austerity on the rest of us, and spaffing £ billions during Covid by awarding lucrative contracts to Tory donors and Ministers' mates'.

Besides, if improved pay = higher retention of doctors, there will be fewer vacancies which need to be filled by recruiting doctors from overseas - I thought you Tories would approve of this, given how much you moan about foreigners "coming over 'ere" :tosser:
Hmmmm when have you ever seen any post from me complaining about foreigners coming over here? Typical, shouty shouty I'll insult you if you dare to disagree with me. Thanks for the wanker sign though.

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
You don’t debate or offer alternative solutions but keep asking questions. Anyone can do that but it isn’t a discussion.
OK, you all go batshit crazy against the Tories but seek to defend when the new Gov does exactly what you said you all hated. Yep, I see no issue with taking away winter fuel from pensioners who are as you all love to say "rich" but where are you drawing the line?, there are going to be plenty of those millions of pensioners for whom it WILL make a difference even if they aren't on benefits.

All I'm trying to do with this thread as I have said from the start is that ALL political parties are full of sleaze, corruption, blame game and cheap politics. Nothing I have seen so far from Labour is telling me that's not true, I'm not saying Conservatives are better and the answers certainly aren't reform or Lib Dems either. I don't think we can have a sensible truth telling government in this country without having a forced coalition of some kind with cross party consensus but how on earth would you even begin to get that working.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
OK, you all go batshit crazy against the Tories but seek to defend when the new Gov does exactly what you said you all hated. Yep, I see no issue with taking away winter fuel from pensioners who are as you all love to say "rich" but where are you drawing the line?, there are going to be plenty of those millions of pensioners for whom it WILL make a difference even if they aren't on benefits.

All I'm trying to do with this thread as I have said from the start is that ALL political parties are full of sleaze, corruption, blame game and cheap politics. Nothing I have seen so far from Labour is telling me that's not true, I'm not saying Conservatives are better and the answers certainly aren't reform or Lib Dems either. I don't think we can have a sensible truth telling government in this country without having a forced coalition of some kind with cross party consensus but how on earth would you even begin to get that working.
how to defend the Tories but without actually saying it. Now wheres that wanker emoji?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Problem identifiers. Ten a penny.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So more austerity in OGD's ?, I thought that's exactly what you all hated the Tories for ?

Then you thought, and obviously not for the first time, wrong :dunce:

I hated the last cabal for their venal dishonesty, incompetence, backstabbing, lying, corruption, amoral, egotistical, pompous, narcissism and prioritising their own and their mates profits over the lives and health, infrastructure and economy of Britain.

That's what I hated Johnson, Truss, Sunak and their gang for :wanker:

Haven't seen anything remotely similar from the current Government yet :shrug:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The junior Doctors deserve this increase. I hope this is the start of a much needed change of emphasis from cuts and stagnation to financial appreciation.

Across the country we need to pay people the wages they deserve to make them feel valued. If we can't pay our Doctors, teachers, nurses etc etc a decent wage then society will continue to crumble. Some of the increase will come back to the government in Income Tax and much of the rest spent in the wider economy rather than stored offshore in tax havens. Its all good.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Wait for it the Nurses having agreed a pay rise before the election seem to sniffing around for a bit more , too right i say, what’s good for the goose etc etc

Already, the Royal College of Nursing has issued a warning. “We do not begrudge doctors their pay rise,” its leader Prof Nicola Ranger says. “What we ask for is the same fair treatment from government.”

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The junior Doctors deserve this increase. I hope this is the start of a much needed change of emphasis from cuts and stagnation to financial appreciation.

Across the country we need to pay people the wages they deserve to make them feel valued. If we can't pay our Doctors, teachers, nurses etc etc a decent wage then society will continue to crumble. Some of the increase will come back to the government in Income Tax and much of the rest spent in the wider economy rather than stored offshore in tax havens. Its all good.
Yes, and also, if people are paid better wages, then fewer workers will need to claim top-up benefits - 48% of Universal Credit claimants are in paid employment - so the welfare bill will also reduce.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

If Labour get GB Energy off the ground the intention is to reduce energy costs for all. There should be less hardship especially if they could introduce a special subsidised tarrif for those less well off. Something the privatised energy companies would never consider.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wait for it the Nurses having agreed a pay rise before the election seem to sniffing around for a bit more , too right i say, what’s good for the goose etc etc

Already, the Royal College of Nursing has issued a warning. “We do not begrudge doctors their pay rise,” its leader Prof Nicola Ranger says. “What we ask for is the same fair treatment from government.”
Having a daughter who is a nurse and seeing what she goes through then damn right. The question you need to ask is why it’s taken a change of government to sort this out. The last shower of shit thought giving Billions to their mates was ok but giving nurses and doctors a decent pay rise wasn’t.
The next task will be military pay which has fallen way behind in real terms.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I really can't understand why Starmer put Wes Streeting in charge of the negotiations instead of yourself. You'd have shown them what's what :wink:

Having a daughter who is a nurse and seeing what she goes through then dam right. The question you need to ask is why it’s taken a change of government to sort this out. The last shower of shit thought giving Billions to their mates was ok but giving nurses and doctors a decent pay rise wasn’t.

But that last shower of shit was the exact 'shower of shit' that he voted for, so it would make him look pretty stupid to be asking that question now. Besides which he's busy telling Wes Streeting what he's done wrong :facepalm:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having a daughter who is a nurse and seeing what she goes through then dam right. The question you need to ask is why it’s taken a change of government to sort this out. The last shower of shit thought giving Billions to their mates was ok but giving nurses and doctors a decent pay rise wasn’t.
6% as per post 1077

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I totally agree, next military, Firefighters, Ambulance Workers, Police, Civil Servants and then it will be time for Train Drivers to start going all ‘Oliver’ and i’m certain the teachers in a few years will want some more 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here