Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving the Armed Forces......

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
If you need help with stuff let me know. PM me if required. Need to look after fellow albion fans in the forces - not many of us!
Ali,
I think there are more of us than you would think.... my name kind of gives away what I do!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Where do I sign up for the full screw ... any pics and is there a choice of screwee?

Good luck with the search .. you'll need to change your monica to exarmy ali

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As of the end of 2012 I shall be making the leap back in to Civi Life and am
Starting to go about looking for Work prospects ....
Just wanted to know what peoples perceptions would be in regards to employing an ex squaddie with 10 years service.
And I'm a Royal Engineer By Trade.
Any thoughts ?????

Mmmmm. Ex-military, are you also deeply racist and really ANGRY? You could apply for [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION]'s NSC position when he steps down.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mmmmm. Ex-military, are you also deeply racist and really ANGRY? You could apply for [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION]'s NSC position when he steps down.
there may be a vacancy soon as well, hopefully off to singapore for a few weeks soon , but as usual you're incorrect on the racism part, you'll never understand , but it's understandable you're a hick country boy at heart masquerading as an urban trendy .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Me neither, but it all sounds awfully MANLY.

At ease.

You just like a man in uniform (I'll be around later dressed as Ernie the Milkman)

There was an interview this morning about what employers are looking for, and the top three were:

1: Teamworking
2: Communication
3: Punctuality!

I am sure the forces have given you plenty of the above, good luck in your search.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
there may be a vacancy soon as well, hopefully off to singapore for a few weeks soon .

bushy, if you are in a bar and pull in Singapore, ALWAYS check the undercarriage first before dragging them back to the hotel for some R&R, otherwise you may find them to be more Glenn than Glenda!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
there may be a vacancy soon as well, hopefully off to singapore for a few weeks soon , but as usual you're incorrect on the racism part, you'll never understand , but it's understandable you're a hick country boy at heart masquerading as an urban trendy .

And the anger?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
bushy, if you are in a bar and pull in Singapore, ALWAYS check the undercarriage first before dragging them back to the hotel for some R&R, otherwise you may find them to be more Glenn than Glenda!
i had a couple of thai birds in bed at the weekend, it was like winning the lottery...................................we had 6 matching balls !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
no, no, no, read my post , you ARE a hick country boy at heart, you just like to THINK of yourself as a bit of an urban trendy.

I have seen your dress sense, I'm surprised you know what the word trendy means.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hahaha you dress like you've been given a one minute dash around primark.

Come on, this contradicts your urban trendy comment. Make you mind up, Primark or North Face gilet and Merrells?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
haha you do make me laugh HT , only you could describe a north face gilet as trendy !

:smile:

It's what urban trendies seem to wear at weekends though.

I would like to point out that I do not own any North Face 'leisure' items, or any Merrell footwear. I do have some North Face mid-layers for when I'm getting rad on the slopes though.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I left the RAF in 2008 after 30 years...all I can advise is do as many of the resettlement courses as you can,

Get any certifcates that u might be owed ie City and Guilds, NVQ, HNC etc...

You will get a good start with an employer as they like people who can be on time and disiplined....

make sure you sign up for EHLC (learning credits) if still available.

On you CV dont list every little job that you have done as it will make the CV to long, just bullet point the main points, make a mention of any teams you were ic of and how many guys u had in your teams.

Employers will not be interested in combat or combat record but do make a mention of working in adverse climates./conditions

A lot will depend on where you want to work and whats available in that area, To start be flexible, and keep looking for further jobs, build up your CV with experience.

Good Luck.....

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As of the end of 2012 I shall be making the leap back in to Civi Life and am
Starting to go about looking for Work prospects ....
Just wanted to know what peoples perceptions would be in regards to employing an ex squaddie with 10 years service.
And I'm a Royal Engineer By Trade.
Any thoughts ?????
This might be someone to help, I was in with him, he's a good bloke.
dgregory@forcesrecruitment.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here