Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds to get 5 point back

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On what basis ? - if 5 points are given back, what law have the league broken ?

I haven't a clue but it stinks to high heaven. What right have Leeds to appeal in the first place? What law did the FL break when they imposed the penalty in return for the Golden Share?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I haven't a clue but it stinks to high heaven. What right have Leeds to appeal in the first place? What law did the FL break when they imposed the penalty in return for the Golden Share?

Well unfortunately (I think) there wasn't anything in the league rules to impose the penalty.

The question is really, what right did the league have to impose the penalty ?

What the rules say is that if you come out of administration the "preferred" route is via a CVA, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

That's about I think.

Nothing about imposing a penalty in return for the share.

This is the point I've been trying to make over the last few days, the rules need to be re-written and agreed. This isn't the first time something "vague" has caused a problem.

ITV Digital anyone ?

The clubs who has REALLY lost the most over this is Boston, who were relegated due to not being able to agree a CVA. Their circumstances were obviously not seen to be exceptional.

Last edited:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Whether Leeds get any points back or not, we would be in excatly the same position in the league. I think we should just concentrate on our own game and let Leeds fight their battle (which i hope they lose) We still have a brilliant chance of making it into the play offs regarless of Leeds and their dirty tricks

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So, not a High Court judge then due to:

a) Being former
b) Being from the Court of Appeal.
c) Being a member of a panel, not the sole decision maker.

It always was an arbitration panel and to be a judge in the court of Appeal, you needed to have been a High Court judge.
Enough pedantry. :lolol::lolol:

billy_bremner

Mar 16, 2008
Boy , none of you know what happened this summer and why we have the RIGHT TO APPEAL and why the football league are pissing in their pants in fear of losing the case to us !

If we really did any wrong , why on earth did they not let us go to the high court. Why wait till the last minute and then agree to arbitration after 6 months !

Wake up and smell the coffee. Don't let your hatred of Leeds delude what reality is. We went into admin and we got the -10 deducted last season ! PERIOD !

There is no rule in the football league books that says you take off -15 from the club if the Taxman behaves like a bastard !!

Please lads , don't be bitter , just take a breather and understand what the real situation is and then argue !

If at all you have a case after we GET OUR POINTS BACK ( not 5 but 15 because it's a simple case , either the FL has done it wrong or they av not ! 15 back or nowt ! ) , you should and will take FOOTBALL LEAGUE TO THE COURT !

We have nothing to do with this . It's their malfunctioning you must be against and by that time , we would have been promoted :)

Cheers :)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
On what basis ? - if 5 points are given back, what law have the league broken ?

Unfortunately within the league rules there doesn't seem to be any basis for the 15 point reduction.

If Leeds want to threaten court action against the football League, because the 15 point penalty created a precedence............then the other Clubs should also take the Football League to court, for creating a precedence in giving the Golden share to a club, who at that point, had previously never existed.
With hindsight, it would have done football in general, a huge favour to let Leeds go out of the Football League altogether. It would have been a salutary lesson to ALL clubs and their fans, that success, should not be bought, by money stolen from tax-payers............and of cousre the St. Johns ambulance.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Boy , none of you know what happened this summer and why we have the RIGHT TO APPEAL and why the football league are pissing in their pants in fear of losing the case to us !

If we really did any wrong , why on earth did they not let us go to the high court. Why wait till the last minute and then agree to arbitration after 6 months !

Wake up and smell the coffee. Don't let your hatred of Leeds delude what reality is. We went into admin and we got the -10 deducted last season ! PERIOD !

There is no rule in the football league books that says you take off -15 from the club if the Taxman behaves like a bastard !!

Please lads , don't be bitter , just take a breather and understand what the real situation is and then argue !

If at all you have a case after we GET OUR POINTS BACK ( not 5 but 15 because it's a simple case , either the FL has done it wrong or they av not ! 15 back or nowt ! ) , you should and will take FOOTBALL LEAGUE TO THE COURT !

We have nothing to do with this . It's their malfunctioning you must be against and by that time , we would have been promoted :)

I wondered how long it would be, before one of you cretins came on here.........crying your eyes out........."it,s not fair"..."it,s not fair"..........
You wanted a football league club............you had it at the price of a 15 point deduction. YOUR club agreed to this. f*** off back to your own Waccoe board , you whinging Yorkshiregirl.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not surprised if true.

Arbitration (I think) differs from litigation in that the parties are actually there to negotiate.

So if both parties go in with the basis of a resolution, I presume the panel will simply rubber stamp it.

There was no negotiation involved in the arbitration I was a witness at. It was conducted just like a trial, but in someone's meeting room.

Where there is a possibility of negotiation is mediation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If Leeds want to threaten court action against the football League, because the 15 point penalty created a precedence............then the other Clubs should also take the Football League to court, for creating a precedence in giving the Golden share to a club, who at that point, had previously never existed.
With hindsight, it would have done football in general, a huge favour to let Leeds go out of the Football League altogether. It would have been a salutary lesson to ALL clubs and their fans, that success, should not be bought, by money stolen from tax-payers............and of cousre the St. Johns ambulance.

It may have created a precedent, but the rules were there for it to be allowed to happen - the catch all "exceptional circumstances."

Sorry, I don't like it as much as you do, but I'm not in the least bit surprised if true.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There was no negotiation involved in the arbitration I was a witness at. It was conducted just like a trial, but in someone's meeting room.

Where there is a possibility of negotiation is mediation.

Only point I was making is there is nothing to stop them negotiating before is there ?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Leeds could get their 5 points back but then get them deducted for violence at the New Den on 19th April.

Cunning plan Yorkie. Have you and the 'massive' some hoolie clobber? Ned could speak for us and we could cause merry mayhem in the name of Leeds (Champions of Europe).

So:

Ripping up a seat or two = 2pts
Affray in the Market Porter = 2 Pts
Obscene Chanting = 2pts.
Flan Flinging = 1 pt

QED. Leed lose play-off spot.

Enchanting idea adroitly executed

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Alright, have the 5 points back next year, at the start of the season, that what be fair to the rest of the teams who have done nothing wrong. Hows that?

Do you think it is reasonable with 7 games left to start changing the table? Sorry of course you do, because you are Leeds the biggest club in the world :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well I've obviously done a little homework, but please don't come on here with phrases like "the Taxman behaves like a bastard"

No, what happened is unlike MOST club like ours, we don't get ourselves into bother and then find ourselves to pay our tax bill.

The Inland Revenue has an absolute right to try and reclaim the money it is owed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cunning plan Yorkie. Have you and the 'massive' some hoolie clobber? Ned could speak for us and we could cause merry mayhem in the name of Leeds (Champions of Europe).

So:

Ripping up a seat or two = 2pts
Affray in the Market Porter = 2 Pts
Obscene Chanting = 2pts.
Flan Flinging = 1 pt

QED. Leed lose play-off spot.

Enchanting idea adroitly executed

Sssshhhhh, don't give the game away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here