Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If I was Sami, I'd be saying to Leo, "give us another year mate. How do you see your role?"

Leo is our main man, so lets build the team around him. It was clear last year he was frustrated playing the isolated strikers role, so lets build the side around him.

If that mean playing CMS up top with him, who knows. CMS has hinted in interviews a couple of times, he'd love to form a partnership with Leo. I doubt he said that, without being fairly sure Leo thinks the same way!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If we ARE indeed turning down £7million what better statement of intent and ambition do you need. I agree with Tubby we should be building the team around him, getting him some help and keeping him fit. We need to sit down with him and convince that we too offer him the chance of premier league football by getting promoted to it ourselves. I heartily approve of the way the club have dealt with this so far.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I dunno. I think at that price it comes Down to whether Ulloa wants to play in the prem on what I would imagine would be vastly higher wages. Last thing we want to do is stand in his way and have a sulky striker who's only half interested next year losing the value that he's gained. If the money from the sale is used to strengthen the squad along side the existing budget then we may find ourselves in a much stronger place.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I dunno. I think at that price it comes Down to whether Ulloa wants to play in the prem on what I would imagine would be vastly higher wages. Last thing we want to do is stand in his way and have a sulky striker who's only half interested next year losing the value that he's gained. If the money from the sale is used to strengthen the squad along side the existing budget then we may find ourselves in a much stronger place.

spot on, if he's stated he wants Prem League football, get rid, hell only mope around otherwise. Get Nugent in in his place !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's definitely going to go, we are just playing the game to get the price up. Could backfire though if we then end up with no buyer, a pissed off Ulloa, who then under performs, and his value plummets.

I'd sell for £7million.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's definitely going to go, we are just playing the game to get the price up. Could backfire though if we then end up with no buyer, a pissed off Ulloa, who then under performs, and his value plummets.

I'd sell for £7million.

You'd fold too early then... TB won't.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leicester Bid £3 / £5 million / £7million for Ulloa

I'd sell for £7million.

So would I. In terms of transfer fees paid, I'd be surprised if most of last year's starting 11 would exceed £7m combined.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I think he will go but only for big money and only if we have a replacement lined up. Maybe its the latter that will hold up any sale? Don't want to be in position we were after Murray went!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
7 million is just derisory.

They need to come back when they are talking a much more tempting fee.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If,as it seems likely, he does go for £7/8m I reckon that'd give SH a budget of c£10m - with some careful purchasing we could get some very good players for that kind of money.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
When Premiership Clubs where sniffing around Buckley the season before last we turned them down and offered him a longer term contact on increased terms.
I know Ulloa has some time left on his contract which is probably why Hyppia is saying give us 1 more year.
However, I cannot see us getting £7million this time next year no matter how well he does as his contract will have less time left on it and he will be a year older.
As with Bridcutt, if the player wants to go the club just needs to get the best deal that match's their valuation.
We are a selling club.....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
When Premiership Clubs where sniffing around Buckley the season before last we turned them down and offered him a longer term contact on increased terms.
I know Ulloa has some time left on his contract which is probably why Hyppia is saying give us 1 more year.
However, I cannot see us getting £7million this time next year no matter how well he does as his contract will have less time left on it and he will be a year older.
As with Bridcutt, if the player wants to go the club just needs to get the best deal that match's their valuation.
We are a selling club.....

Selling clubs tend to give their players away. We no longer do that. If Leo does go (and it's a big IF as far as I'm concerned) it will be on our terms not the buying club or Leo's.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
All Leo appears to have said that he wants to play in the Premier to some friends.

He has not seen the manager because he is not in Brighton.

Has had not said "I want to leave now".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here