Leonardo Ulloa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why emergency? The Window is still open, and we are weak in that area anyway. We need at least one, if not two quality center halfs to strengthen our squad.

Yes, we missed Greer when he went off, but it is certainly an area where we need to strengthen anyway.

I didn't literally mean using Football League rules to get an emergency player in.

Just to get our arse into gear in this window, and get a class central defender in.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Then I've been pronouncing that animal's name incorrectly my entire life - boyocks! :down:

:lolol:
In English you've been saying it correct but if you want to say it in Spanish it's with a y sound.
However when we say oversea players I think it's easier to say how we would pronounce it as in Spain they don't pronounce English names correctly. E.g Murray moo-ray

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Basically with the way he played today is what we have been missing since Murray left 18-months ago. At last some-on who can hold the ball up and bring others into play, not sure CMS will be the perfect foil for him would be looking more towards Barnes/Hoskins IMO

Great entertainment yesterday! Personally I would like to see Barnes / Ulloa / Buckley tried as a front three.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Normally in Spanish when you have two ll's together it makes a ly sound. So my guess is ulyo

Argentinian Spanish is different to European Spanish though.

I've had a look on Google and the "ll" in Argentine spanish is pronounced as a soft J similar to the SH in "show". So, if Google is to be believed it's "Ushowa"

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

I've had a look on Google and the "ll" in Argentine spanish is pronounced as a soft J similar to the SH in "show". So, if Google is to be believed it's "Ushowa"
that's how they pronounced it on the ITV cup program

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Think of it more like the G in "mirage" and you're there.

Oo-jo-wa.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Normally in Spanish when you have two ll's together it makes a ly sound. So my guess is ulyo

I think ll is pronounced sh in South America so it would be, phonetically, Ushoa - I think that's also how the stadium announcer pronounced his name

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona

Si señor es correcto!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Jojoba?

In Welsh it would be Ucloa

In WSL where I sit he's called Lulu because one of our older brethren got so confused by the pronunciation he referred to him as "Honolulu" - hence Lulu. I quite like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports