Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Travel - Discussion

Shaz

Jul 18, 2011
Top of the World
Engineering work affecting London Underground services on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 February 2012, just thought i would share this, not sure how it affects the journey to and from Euston if at all

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Engineering work affecting London Underground services on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 February 2012, just thought i would share this, not sure how it affects the journey to and from Euston if at all

I believe someone checked, and if you're just coming back to Victoria to go down to Brighton you're fine from Euston. London Bridge is pretty much out though.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Adelphi is an absolute hole, can you cancel?

Just looked at Trip Advisor. The Adelphi really is a shithole. Even the vermin put bad reviews on there! Have cancelled and switched to Hilton, as it's the wife's birthday weekend. Said we'd do a Citybreak as a birthday treat. What a stroke of luck to hear the Albion are in town at the same time!!!

Poker Dunce

Feb 4, 2012
Drive to Birmingham or Wolverhampton and get the train from there. Can use the London Midland great escape offer from there. The 13.53 from Wolves gets you to Liverpool at 15.14 the get the 19.34 from Liverpool back to Wolves at 20.55.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Apologies if this has already been discussed (jumped to the last page!) does anyone know if you can have a drink on the BHA away coaches? Looks like the coach is our best option, just deciding whether to hire our own transport instead, if we can't have a drink before the game? Cheers

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Apologies if this has already been discussed (jumped to the last page!) does anyone know if you can have a drink on the BHA away coaches? Looks like the coach is our best option, just deciding whether to hire our own transport instead, if we can't have a drink before the game? Cheers

You can't drink alcohol on any coaches going to any football match, tis the law

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15

Drinking on any football coach is illegal I believe.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
probably a good idea to reserve your seat on the virgin train home

If you buy on line it normally includes reserved seats on the longer train journey

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Travelling from Crawley - hoping that one of my mates is going to do a minibus but if not I have had a look at National Express, I looked for those going from Brighton and coach leaves at 05.42 and arrives at 13.25 so you are on the coach quite a while but it has toilets and there are plenty of stops, no refreshments onboard so you can take your own and it doesn't say on the website that you cannot take alcohol. This would give you plenty of time to get from the coach station to the ground, eat and have a few drinks. (The next coach gets there a bit too late not arriving til 16.10). Now coming back is a slight problem as you have two options - a 23.40 departure which means you can have an evening out in Liverpool and sleep on the coach which doesn't get you back till nearly 9am the next morning so a day off work required or book into some cheap digs (or expensive if you can afford it!) and get a coach back the next day (there are various departure times from 0700) again requiring a day off work. If you come back the same day it's about £42 return and if you come back the next day it's about £46 return. Long journey times but if you are on a budget like me quite cheap! don't know if that helps anyone or not but thought I would offer the information.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Travelling from Crawley - hoping that one of my mates is going to do a minibus but if not I have had a look at National Express, I looked for those going from Brighton and coach leaves at 05.42 and arrives at 13.25 so you are on the coach quite a while but it has toilets and there are plenty of stops, no refreshments onboard so you can take your own and it doesn't say on the website that you cannot take alcohol. This would give you plenty of time to get from the coach station to the ground, eat and have a few drinks. (The next coach gets there a bit too late not arriving til 16.10). Now coming back is a slight problem as you have two options - a 23.40 departure which means you can have an evening out in Liverpool and sleep on the coach which doesn't get you back till nearly 9am the next morning so a day off work required or book into some cheap digs (or expensive if you can afford it!) and get a coach back the next day (there are various departure times from 0700) again requiring a day off work. If you come back the same day it's about £42 return and if you come back the next day it's about £46 return. Long journey times but if you are on a budget like me quite cheap! don't know if that helps anyone or not but thought I would offer the information.

Why not go on Seagulls Travel in that case? Takes you straight to Anfield, leaves later, gets back earlier and only costs £37 for the round trip.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Why not go on Seagulls Travel in that case? Takes you straight to Anfield, leaves later, gets back earlier and only costs £37 for the round trip.

''and it doesn't say on the website that you cannot take alcohol''.
This :D:drink::thumbsup: . . . also i am a shift worker and off the next day anyway so a few beers after the game in Liverpool or maybe staying the night and travelling the next day quite appeals.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
''and it doesn't say on the website that you cannot take alcohol''.
This :D:drink::thumbsup: . . . also i am a shift worker and off the next day anyway so a few beers after the game in Liverpool or maybe staying the night and travelling the next day quite appeals.

Ah I see. Fair reason, but for me I'd rather get home earlier :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here