Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
So what's he getting at then ... (Former Tory Chief Whip!)

Very easy to interpret this as "Truss' remaining time as PM is short".

Edit: looking back on his Twitter timeline, that can be the only interpretation - I think that tweet is code for "I've sent in my letter".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Remember every time the pool on non-talent gets narrower and narrower.

Here's what I posted over 3 years ago when Kwasi was first appointed as a Minister from being a junior minister in the Brexit department

Kwasi Kwarteng was, this morning, appointed Minister of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. He will also attend Cabinet.

He would have been appointed yesterday, but didn't realise that amongst his responsibilities as a minister in DExEU was keeping his phone turned on so that people could contact him when needed.

Just about sums up the level of Brexiteer that Johnson is now having to appoint to make up the numbers for his Cabinet :facepalm:

barrel.jpg

Spooky huh :lolol:

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Liz has already thrown KK under the bus last week, she’ll make sure this one hits him in the head. He’ll be fired. She’ll limp on until a GE is called in the Spring.
I don't mind if she limps on - providing she doesn't meddle anymore with people's mortgages and pensions. If she sticks to harmless stuff before she gets booted then the better for all of us.

Perhaps she should just concentrate on decorating Downing Street or going away on a couple of far away jollies.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I don't mind if she limps on - providing she doesn't meddle anymore with people's mortgages and pensions. If she sticks to harmless stuff before she gets booted then the better for all of us.

Perhaps she should just concentrate on decorating Downing Street or going away on a couple of far away jollies.
.... and the further the better.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Truss has always made a point of grovelling and curtseying like mad when in the presence of royals.

It would be rather ironic if it's Charles' "Dear Oh Dear !" comment which finishes her off

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The bungle**** can't believe his luck. I reckon he's already planning his 2022 Crimbo parties as next PM.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

First time the Tories have polled under 20% (other than when the Brexit party was leeching their vote) since 1995

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
In all seriousness how bad is all this going to get?

Apparently she’s got 17 days to save her job?

Is the answer actually asking the Country who they want to lead the Nation rather than the membership of the Tory Party?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sure there will be a bus waiting for him at the airport
The Anti-Growth-Coaltion are behind all of this! How dare they demand costings and an explanation of how a government can slash taxes but keep public spending at the same level.

Kwasimodo might well throw himself off the tower before Liz manages to run him down in her economic death bus.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
With this Sunak/Mordaunt ticket, is the idea Truss would be ousted and replaced without going to a leadership contest?

If so, hard to see who would get top job, who could get CX. Sunak more experienced but already been rejected by the membership, Mordaunt no experience of top jobs but ran Truss a close second to challenging Sunak a few months ago.

I'm not sure about Mordaunt, but Sunak is apparently loathed by many backbenchers. Not sure how much these experienced Tories putting forward this idea can inspire the party to get behind them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Labour will be hoping the U-turn happens and Lizz and Kwat stay for the foreseeable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here