Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone heard what is going on at Kettering? I have heard something about Peterborough playing them for free to raise funds but unable to locate details.

They avoided a winding up order last week from HMRC with a late partial payment and the winding up order has been deferred for 8 weeks. Grimsby Town lost out on £25k in revenue when their match against York City was postponed due to a frozen pitch at the weekend , with the match having to be rearranged as a midweek evening fixture the gate will be much lower. Grimsby are fortunate that they are going to receive a payment from Peterborough after the sale of Ryan Bennett to Norwich which will keep them afloat until this time next season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tweet from CPFClatest:

"Palace are spending 88% of their total revenue on player wages. Deloitte say 60% is sustainable"

They have a high number of STH's who paid for a 3/5 year deal who surprisingly voted en masse for the CVA and were rewarded by the new consortium by honouring their ST's. The previous owners had spent all the ST money so the only ST revenue is from new STH's this season and what they take on a matchday (Groupon , food & beverage etc)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Jesus are they still breathing? The admin/brink of disaster stories have been going on for as long as I remember.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Can't believe the latest about Pompey is that they still haven't paid the small creditors since the last going into admin. The payments were supposed to start in April 2012, will they even get these ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can't believe the latest about Pompey is that they still haven't paid the small creditors since the last going into admin. The payments were supposed to start in April 2012, will they even get these ?

It would seem increasingly unlikely

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just read a quote from Pompey's Chief Executive David Lampitt saying: 'we've just had a bit of bad luck, thats all.....'.

Oh thats all right then, tell that nasty HMRC to withdraw their action, I'm sure the tax payers and other creditors will understand.

Unbelievable. It's one thing putting a brave face on things but......talk about being in denial. Couldn't make this stuff up.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just read a quote from Pompey's Chief Executive David Lampitt saying: 'we've just had a bit of bad luck, thats all.....'.

Oh thats all right then, tell that nasty HMRC to withdraw their action, I'm sure the tax payers and other creditors will understand.

Unbelievable. It's one thing putting a brave face on things but......talk about being in denial. Couldn't make this stuff up.

Sounds like they're going to get the biggest slice of luck possible. Remove most of their debt with no punishment at all...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As we play them at The Amex on 10th March will their initial allocation be reduced to 500 ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their manager has asked the FL for clarification why he can't sign more players - now while it's true he might be able to get some in for free (the parent club paying their wages) the FL set a wage cap after Pompey's last CVA to make sure they lived within their means and to try to ensure that creditors at least got something back of what they are owed. Clearly Portsmouth decided to go for a few high priced players rather than several more at a lower salary and as a result injuries and under-performance have hurt them. But that was a professional judgement they made and now it is hurting they want everyone else to bow down and let them go another route. Donny, Forest and Coventry fans will be absolutely fuming if the rules are changed especially as Portsmouth have a number of very useful academy products who could step up.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Their manager has asked the FL for clarification why he can't sign more players - now while it's true he might be able to get some in for free (the parent club paying their wages) the FL set a wage cap after Pompey's last CVA to make sure they lived within their means and to try to ensure that creditors at least got something back of what they are owed. Clearly Portsmouth decided to go for a few high priced players rather than several more at a lower salary and as a result injuries and under-performance have hurt them. But that was a professional judgement they made and now it is hurting they want everyone else to bow down and let them go another route. Donny, Forest and Coventry fans will be absolutely fuming if the rules are changed especially as Portsmouth have a number of very useful academy products who could step up.

Yes, depending on how it pans out, I would expect rumblings of legal challenges from those 3 if Pompey are seen to be getting away with it.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Without payment in advance it could end up with Pompey bringing 2,500 paying £2.40 a ticket.

If they end up owing us money, would it be classed as a preferential football debt, or would be get a vote on whether to accept the 1-10p in the £ they offer?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we're one of the creditors, we can petition Sir Tony to insist on 100% payment, or let them go bust. Meridian would love that, Pompey made bankrupt by Brighton & Hove Albion :lolol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
When they visit the Amex we she leave them in no doubt about how we feel.

Lots of songs about cheating robbing etc

They are a joke and make me sick, I hate them more than Palace!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pay up pompey , pompey pay up

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we should have a bucket collection for our footballing brothers Pompey outside the ground.

And then give them 1p in the pound of what's raised (after tax of course).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think we should have a bucket collection for our footballing brothers Pompey outside the ground.

And then give them 1p in the pound of what's raised (after tax of course).

I think you will find that the correct procedure is to promise to give them 1p in the pound.

Then a couple of years down the line tell them you spent it anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Without payment in advance it could end up with Pompey bringing 2,500 paying £2.40 a ticket.

sadly not true as we would be a preferred creditor under Football League rules so would eventually get paid in full direct from their parachute payments - eventually being the operative word of course

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I think you will find that the correct procedure is to promise to give them 1p in the pound.

Then a couple of years down the line tell them you spent it anyway.

:lol:

correction - in PFC's case one year between agreeing to pay and failing to honour the promise seems to be enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here