Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
14000 people responded to their "pack the park" plea tonight........................................................very very poor indeed

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
declared current debts of around £50million which means that in the year since they last went into administration they have failed to repay a single penny of their (post CVA) debt but have incurred further losses (despite the FL restricting their expenditure on player signings and wages) of around £7m. £2m at least of that is owed to the taxman which means other "trade losses" of around £4m to £5m. That total loss of SEVEN MILLION POUNDS IN ONE YEAR includes the million quid they got from the EPL parachute payments this week.

The manager and fans want to be allowed to go out and spend more because it "isn't fair."

Will they be allowed to pass go on Friday and proceed to administration or will they go straight to jail and a winding-up petition on Monday?

FWIW indications from the Rangers hearing, if that is any sort of guide, are that they will escape into administration and that HMRC will not be allowed to challenge the current administrator continuing despite his quite unexceptional achievements to date and the very real reasons to question how partial (towards the previous owner who appointed him) he has been in discharging his duties to the possible cost of others.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to news reports , £1M has been paid into the frozen account (payments in , no payments out ?) by the Premier League as an early payment from the parachute funding. The frozen account now has a £2M balance. If the club is successful in being placed in administration on Friday , a certain Mr Androniku will be appointed as the administrator and will get his filthy mitts on the cash in the bank account which will be unfrozen. Mr Androniku has said there is no conflict of interest in also being the administrator for CSI.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
According to news reports , £1M has been paid into the frozen account (payments in , no payments out ?) by the Premier League as an early payment from the parachute funding. The frozen account now has a £2M balance. If the club is successful in being placed in administration on Friday , a certain Mr Androniku will be appointed as the administrator and will get his filthy mitts on the cash in the bank account which will be unfrozen. Mr Androniku has said there is no conflict of interest in also being the administrator for CSI.

Something stinks here. Pompey = :shit:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I bet HMRC (i.e us) don't see a penny of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Points deduction won't even put them into relegation, seems unfair.

Plus they'll get to carry on playing all the players they signed with money they don't have, thus putting them at a considerable advantage over clubs that didn't fraudulently buy players like Forest, Coventry & Doncaster.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a complete and utter shambles. I kind of felt sorry for pompey, but I don't any longer. It annoys the hell out of me knowing how much is owed to small companies and especially the HMRC. It's a case of how many more chances can you give them.

The best thing Portsmouth could do at this point is shut up shop and start again because the longer this goes on the worse it gets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder how many tickets they've sold for the game on March 10th ? We might be whistling a long time for the money.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Edna makes a generous donation then I'll match it.

Certainly. This could be like a televised Pompey In Need charity appeal with celebrities and everything (well, perhaps Mendoza & Fred Dinenage). I've rummaged round the bottom of my bedside drawer and would hereby like to start the ball rolling with a very generous Save Pompey donation of.....drum roll....

...19 pence, twenty rupees and one Egyptian pound.

Who wants to match my efforts and SAVE this fine football club? Don't forget, Pompey will get ONE percent of everything raised, so it's well worth the effort :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think it would be funny to have a "help Pompey" collection and then give the money to st johns ambulance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Certainly. This could be like a televised Pompey In Need charity appeal with celebrities and everything (well, perhaps Mendoza & Fred Dinenage). I've rummaged round the bottom of my bedside drawer and would hereby like to start the ball rolling with a very generous Save Pompey donation of.....drum roll....

...19 pence, twenty rupees and one Egyptian pound.

Who wants to match my efforts and SAVE this fine football club? Don't forget, Pompey will get ONE percent of everything raised, so it's well worth the effort :D

Would the charity be able to afford Mendoza's TV appearance money ???

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Now that they are officially in admin does it mean that they can not be wound up on Monday ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here