Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice quote from Coventry manager Andy Thorn................

"I was reading about Portsmouth only having 15 fit players the other day. That's a luxury. I'd love to have 15 fit players. We had 13 the other night with three boys on the bench making up the numbers."

Perhaps the FL should take note? But probably not

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Strong suggestion that the FL will have no objection to Portsmouth signing a couple of players on a short term loan to help with their injury crisis - both WBA and Man Utd are prepared to let them have a player at no cost from the rumours I am hearing.

Anyone fancy opening a book on whether the Liam Lawrence injury suddenly improves once the need for public sympathy is removed?

FFS FL

Should be allowed no new players ( even if free ) whilst in administration

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Nice quote from Coventry manager Andy Thorn................

"I was reading about Portsmouth only having 15 fit players the other day. That's a luxury. I'd love to have 15 fit players. We had 13 the other night with three boys on the bench making up the numbers."

Perhaps the FL should take note? But probably not

The FL and FA haven't got the balls to stand up to the cheats. It's laughable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could not a petition be started by somebody with the know how on line and if it attracted a big following would the FA/ FL take any notice of the public feeling towards these cheats.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
One positive thing I noticed is that the court appointed the Administrator suggested by HMRC not Adronikou who Portsmouth wanted and who appears to be entwined in the whole saga.

I don't understand the continued involvement of the two previous owners. What has it got to do with them any more and how come they expect to be repaid in full for their investment whereas the other creditors get nothing?

One positive thing I noticed is that the court appointed the Administrator suggested by HMRC not Adronikou who Portsmouth wanted and who appears to be entwined in the whole saga.

I don't understand the continued involvement of the two previous owners. What has it got to do with them any more and how come they expect to be repaid in full for their investment whereas the other creditors get nothing?

Chainrai (not Pompey) actually owns Fratton Park and Gaydamak still owns much of the surrounding/adjoining land.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Chainrai (not Pompey) actually owns Fratton Park and Gaydamak still owns much of the surrounding/adjoining land.

Still don't see why they should be paid in full. I don't believe a landlord ranks any higher than anyone else.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
All this says to other teams is that it is okay to run your finances like a bored housewife and it won't affect what league you're in if you spend enough to get a decent lead.

Weak decision by the FL. A spate in league 1 may give them a reality check.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All this says to other teams is that it is okay to run your finances like a bored housewife and it won't affect what league you're in if you spend enough to get a decent lead.

Weak decision by the FL. A spate in league 1 may give them a reality check.

f***ing tax dodgers should go into liquidation and be forced to sell all assets to pay off all outstanding debts .What the f*** have they done with all the premiership money and parachute payments.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Precedent has now firmly been set by our football ruling bodies and the tax man that it is perfectly acceptable for football clubs to borrow beyond there means and be exempt from paying tax. It is also acceptable that local businesses go bust every couple of years so long as the greedy local club is kept running.Following this why should any English football club bother to pay tax or indeed pay for any services, such as catering work on the pitch etc.

Still don't see why they should be paid in full. I don't believe a landlord ranks any higher than anyone else.
It's got nothing directly to do with Chainrai's position as landlord.
1) If either he or Gaydamak are owed money by the club the they are probably secured creditors - ie the loan(s) are secured against whatever assets Pompey still have. Secured creditors are first in the queue to be paid if (and hopefully when) it all goes pear shaped. However, it could be that they're owed money (like everyone else) from the 2010 CVA agreement, I don't know (or care tbh).
2) Wrt Fratton Park and the surrounding land it's quite simple: - if the club/new owner wants to buy them back the they know the price at which Chainrai and Gaydamak will sell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doncaster currently 1-0 v leeds (isn't that their third 'winnable' game according to bates?) moves Pompey into the relegation zone, as things stand.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Portsmouth only have 3 on the bench today - trying to make a point but the youngsters could gain valuable matchday experience and benefit them and the club even if the manager has no intention of playing them. Deserve to lose today and every game they continue to play silly and frankly unprofessional games

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Portsmouth only have 3 on the bench today - trying to make a point but the youngsters could gain valuable matchday experience and benefit them and the club even if the manager has no intention of playing them. Deserve to lose today and every game they continue to play silly and frankly unprofessional games

Having just 3 on the bench will make the FL feel sorry for them and allow Pompey to sign a couple of loanees whose wages will be paid by their own club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here