Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Having just 3 on the bench will make the FL feel sorry for them and allow Pompey to sign a couple of loanees whose wages will be paid by their own club.

they signed Thorne from WBA this morning but I guess it doesn't matter how many you have on the bench when you have a Kitson on the pitch.......... until he was sent off that is :lol: - they will be on to the FL to allow another loan signing as cover for the enxt three games. After all, it couldn't be their fault!

If Cov and Forest draw (0-0 at present) and Donny stay 1 up at Leeds, then Portsmouth will be bottom of the table tonight

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
They've lost 11 games by a single point and drawn 8 games (If I've seen it right). If things had been a little different, they could have had a few more points and be sitting pretty despite the points deduction.
The FL really need to look at harsher penalties for repeat offending. To go into administration once could be considered unfortunate, but three times shows a degree of contempt for thier creditors.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Portsmouth only have 3 on the bench today - trying to make a point but the youngsters could gain valuable matchday experience and benefit them and the club even if the manager has no intention of playing them. Deserve to lose today and every game they continue to play silly and frankly unprofessional games

Totally agree. There is no excuse for them to not put some of their youth players in the squad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Forest 2 - 0 Coventry
Leeds 2 - 2 Doncaster
Portsmouth 0 - 2 Barnsley

As things stand

21 Forest 28pts
------------------
22 Pompey 25 (-1)
23 Coventry 25 (-18)
24 Doncaster 25 (-24)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Full time

Forest 2 - 0 Coventry
Leeds 3 - 2 Doncaster
Portsmouth 0 - 2 Barnsley

As things stand

21 Forest 28pts
------------------
22 Pompey 25 (-1)
23 Coventry 25 (-18)
24 Doncaster 24 (-25)

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I was in Portsmouth yesterday and walked passed the Portsmouth FC shop. I had to giggle as they had "Sale" in big letters in the window; I wondered whether that was for items in the shop or the club itself, or maybe both?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I was in Portsmouth yesterday and walked passed the Portsmouth FC shop. I had to giggle as they had "Sale" in big letters in the window; I wondered whether that was for items in the shop or the club itself, or maybe both?

Who in there right mind would buy that shit hole whithin a shit hole:D

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
BBC Sport - Portsmouth says administrator Trevor Birch

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch has described the situation at the financially troubled club as "crazy".

But Birch is sure the club, issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue and Customs on 3 January, will survive.

The former Chelsea chief executive said an unnamed player at Fratton Park, understood to be Tal Ben Haim, is earning in excess of £30,000 a week.

"For a Championship club, that's just crazy," Birch told BBC Radio 5 Live. "Expenditure has exceeded income."

Portsmouth have been penalised 10 points after entering administration for the second time in three seasons .

The deduction, together with a 2-0 defeat away to Barnsley, has seen them slip into the relegation zone.

Birch even likened Portsmouth's money problems to the brawl between British boxers Dereck Chisora and David Haye following Chisora's WBC heavyweight title loss to Vitali Klitschko.

"Just as the boxing incident was described as ugly, I think that word could be used by many supporters to describe the last few years at Portsmouth," he added on BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek.

"In simple terms, expenditure has exceeded income in a large way predominantly due to handing out unsustainable salaries to players on long-term contracts."

Players and staff were not paid in January, while Portsmouth manager Michael Appleton revealed last week the club could not afford to scan the injured calf of captain Liam Lawrence.

Asked if he thought the club would remain in business, Birch said he was confident that Portsmouth would emerge from their troubles.

"It's a one club city with a fantastic fan base," he said.

"If we can restructure behind the scenes in terms of the club's debts then yes, it's a great opportunity to sell the club. There is always somebody who will come forward."

The club have already been docked 10 points but if Pompey do not come out of administration via a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) there is a risk of the Football League deducting further points.

"The precedent is there for those clubs that didn't come out via a CVA of incurring further point penalties," added Birch.

"Leeds being the latest one who didn't come out via a CVA and I think they were docked a further 15 points before the start of that particular season.

"That will be a threat if it didn't come out via a CVA but there's no reason why it wouldn't come out via a CVA at this stage."

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
BBC Sport - Portsmouth says administrator Trevor Birch

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch has described the situation at the financially troubled club as "crazy".

But Birch is sure the club, issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue and Customs on 3 January, will survive.

The former Chelsea chief executive said an unnamed player at Fratton Park, understood to be Tal Ben Haim, is earning in excess of £30,000 a week.

"For a Championship club, that's just crazy," Birch told BBC Radio 5 Live. "Expenditure has exceeded income."

Portsmouth have been penalised 10 points after entering administration for the second time in three seasons .

The deduction, together with a 2-0 defeat away to Barnsley, has seen them slip into the relegation zone.

Birch even likened Portsmouth's money problems to the brawl between British boxers Dereck Chisora and David Haye following Chisora's WBC heavyweight title loss to Vitali Klitschko.

"Just as the boxing incident was described as ugly, I think that word could be used by many supporters to describe the last few years at Portsmouth," he added on BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek.

"In simple terms, expenditure has exceeded income in a large way predominantly due to handing out unsustainable salaries to players on long-term contracts."

Players and staff were not paid in January, while Portsmouth manager Michael Appleton revealed last week the club could not afford to scan the injured calf of captain Liam Lawrence.

Asked if he thought the club would remain in business, Birch said he was confident that Portsmouth would emerge from their troubles.

"It's a one club city with a fantastic fan base," he said.

"If we can restructure behind the scenes in terms of the club's debts then yes, it's a great opportunity to sell the club. There is always somebody who will come forward."

The club have already been docked 10 points but if Pompey do not come out of administration via a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) there is a risk of the Football League deducting further points.

"The precedent is there for those clubs that didn't come out via a CVA of incurring further point penalties," added Birch.

"Leeds being the latest one who didn't come out via a CVA and I think they were docked a further 15 points before the start of that particular season.

"That will be a threat if it didn't come out via a CVA but there's no reason why it wouldn't come out via a CVA at this stage."

Did I also hear on the radio the administrator say that 7 championship clubs currently have players wage bills higher than the clubs turnover. Even though its painful when possible signings go to these clubs you have to praise Bloom for keeping our club safe from this mess.

The fans need to get a consortium together to buy the club out of administration the so they can drop down a league and build from the bottom again, getting the club in a position where it can compete without the need for crooks to be in control, this must mean clearing out players on big wages and doing what we had to do for years youth and good value experience.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Did I also hear on the radio the administrator say that 7 championship clubs currently have players wage bills higher than the clubs turnover. Even though its painful when possible signings go to these clubs you have to praise Bloom for keeping our club safe from this mess.

The fans need to get a consortium together to buy the club out of administration the so they can drop down a league and build from the bottom again, getting the club in a position where it can compete without the need for crooks to be in control, this must mean clearing out players on big wages and doing what we had to do for years youth and good value experience.
They are too thick to think of some thing like that, they seem to think they have a right to be a big club ,f*** the tax man f*** local businesses so long as the dirty skates can pay the Ginga **** 20,000 a week.I fcuking hate the Tax dodgers which should be there nickname from now on

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They are too thick to think of some thing like that, they seem to think they have a right to be a big club ,f*** the tax man f*** local businesses so long as the dirty skates can pay the Ginga **** 20,000 a week.I fcuking hate the Tax dodgers which should be there nickname from now on

Although to be fair I don't think any fans group is going to raise £32m to take over the club - thick or not !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What part of that shithole is worth 32 million

Apparently £20m to the previous owners and £12m to prove you have the future running costs !!!! As it if it's worth it - of course it bloody isn't !

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Apparently £20m to the previous owners and £12m to prove you have the future running costs !!!! As it if it's worth it - of course it bloody isn't !

If they were not allowed to go into administration they would be wound, up all assets sold they could then start again without the carbuncle that currently owns them and there property.If i was a fan that is what i would be petitioning for ,but they are not prepared to start again at the bottom.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If they were not allowed to go into administration they would be wound, up all assets sold they could then start again without the carbuncle that currently owns them and there property.If i was a fan that is what i would be petitioning for ,but they are not prepared to start again at the bottom.

I think part of the problem is the club don't own the ground so if it's wound up where would they play ? That said, I agree with you - they've had plenty of chances and it should now be goodbye Pompey !

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think part of the problem is the club don't own the ground so if it's wound up where would they play ? That said, I agree with you - they've had plenty of chances and it should now be goodbye Pompey !

I could be wrong but i beleive they do own the ground but it has protection against development as does one of the stands.I think it is one of the reasons they cannot move as other clubs have done, as the ground itself is worthless in terms of development into housing or retail units.This should and would be good for any other club as it ensures they never lose the ground as we did.But the skates are a greedy bunch who think they are a big club,they are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here