Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I was rather amused by Warren Aspinall on the commentary last night when asked about Razak turning down Portsmouth and signing for us he said it was because we are a bigger club than Portsmouth with more prospects and ambition plus he added he would also get paid.

Warren Aspinell's commentary always amuses me, but that is only due to his mis pronounciation of names.

Hadram El Drubd

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

It was a player + cash deal , the annual wages Kitson & Lawrence were signed on for far exceeded the money received for Wilson.

So you're saying the deal, even including the "saving" on Wilson's salary at Pompey, was cash negative for the club? If this is true then the Administrators could have something to answer for after all - assuming anyone's interested that is (didn't HMRC challenge his impartiality last time?). Still, it does seem that the guy appointed this time is no sycophant.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Erm, me too! I HATE Pompey and always have done.

Get back there! I want to be near the front.

Another priceless quote from one of their fans last week when they heard they had been deducted 10 points,

"We should be given 10 points, not have any deducted, for all the pain were going through". The sad thing was he wasn't joking.

I want them to survive until the 10th March so we can hopefully score a few past their youth team or whoever they have left, but also so their deluded fans can have a look at the Amex and see what can be done if you play by the book, not cheat, and have proper owners who are fans not leeches.

Personally I want them to fold at the end of the season and restart in August in the Portsmouth Sunday League, (Division 12 South) or lower if possible.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I demand to be included in this list. I think I've earned it.

I double demand. Wife, father in law, mother in law, brother in law, cousins, you name it all southsea born and bred and have had to endure a decade of them gloating. Perhaps we can start up a debating society rather than a list to have regular meetings to see who has the biggest dislike of them! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The administrator, Trevor Birch, had a meeting with Portsmouth Fans last night. Points discussed were the following: (Nicked from the BBC website)

Trevor Birch meets Pompey fans - key points
•The club are struggling to have enough money to make it to the end of the season
•Chief executive David Lampitt was let go for financial reasons (as with the 33 other redundancies)
•Trevor Birch not expect to make any more redundancies.
The Football League will not let them bring in any more players in unless they go down to 14 fit players
•A players' representative will meet with Birch on Thursday where Birch will ask them to defer some wages until end of season
•Birch will decide who the club is sold to and not creditor Balram Chainrai
•Administrators are open to the idea of a supporters trust buying the club

They're still trying to play the card about not having a big enough first team squad! If the F.L. fall for "player x, player y & player z are injured, can we have more players in please", then the F.L. are mugs! That ruling is open to abuse surely Shirley? Let them use the youth team players. However, due to cynical manipulation of the 'system', they won't do that.

Btw, I want to join the 'I hate Pompey more than anyone else club'. :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So you're saying the deal, even including the "saving" on Wilson's salary at Pompey, was cash negative for the club? If this is true then the Administrators could have something to answer for after all - assuming anyone's interested that is (didn't HMRC challenge his impartiality last time?). Still, it does seem that the guy appointed this time is no sycophant.

Trevor Birch was at a Pompey fans forum last night , saying being brutally honest the club only had enough funding for the next 6 weeks and allegedly intimated Androniku definitely used sleight of hand & appeared to look after Chainrai rather than do his job.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What I find intriguing is that the new administrator has come in and immediately made 33 people redundant (which, no matter how much you hate the football club, is very sad for the individuals).

They had a previous administrator for MONTHS, who was cheerfully employing all these people, so my question is, what kind of pathetic, head-in-the-sand (typical Pompey) job was he doing if the next guy can see straight away that there are 33 roles the club can do without, if needs must? Even if these people only earned an average of- say- £16k per year, that's over half a million quid saved immediately. Or, if you prefer, fourteen and a half weeks of Tal Ben Haim sitting on his backside doing nothing.

It's yet another example of that crappy club pleading poverty but in practice carrying on doing whatever they bloody well want.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I hope HMRC find a way to get MY money back from PFC.... I loathe the way clubs have been able to operate like this, wracking up debts and carrying on as if nothing happened. The tax bill should come before the players wages IMHO. If they go bust, tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here