Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Honest Michael Appleton. Portsmouth Manager, got a nasty shock yesterday. Fed up with refusing to take his calls someone at the Football League finally spoke to him and passed on a few home truths about just why they would not allow Portsmouth to sign additional players willy-nilly.

It transpires that this was not just because they are in administration; nor was it just because they had "hidden" prospective first team squad players in the academy listings so that their wages didn't count in agreed operating costs; it wasn't even because none of this chicanery had prevented them from overspending on agreed wage limits; or buying players and then stiffing the selling club on the transfer fee because they never had the money to pay them with in the first place (hopefully the player's loan club will take over the debt once they sign him permanently); not even taking outstanding prospects from small clubs overseas and not bothering to pay the agreed progression payments so those clubs risk going broke.

No. It was because way back before the crooks took over when their fans will tell you that they were acting perfectly appropriately, they hadn't bothered to pay the likes of Wolves and Bristol City for transfers and match ticket sales. Even with the first year and a half of parachute money from the Premier League it seems they still haven't cleared these priority football debts! Well there's a surprise.

Seemingly "Honest Michael" wasn't told about these outstanding debts by his (now sacked) chief exec (and he clearly doesn't read NSC or he wouldn't have needed to be told). "Communication" says Honest Michael, "is key". Well actually Michael, no. Paying your way and not cheating are key!

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Pompey "Stars" man ticket office (from their official site)

"Liam Lawrence, Stephen Henderson and Luke Varney will be selling tickets at Fratton Park on Friday to try to pack the ground against Leeds.

The Blues stars will be manning the ticket office windows in Frogmore Road between 3pm and 5pm tomorrow.

The trio are mucking in during the club’s hour of need in the hope of a full house for the visit of Neil Warnock’s side on Saturday.

Skipper Lawrence said: “The club is in a situation where if it isn’t bought or doesn’t make money by May, it could fold.

“So as players we’re trying to do everything we can, like taking a wage cut.

“And me and a few of the boys are going to be down at the ground on Friday, selling tickets.

“For us to survive we need full houses at the ground for our last nine home games. We’re doing all we can to help people to come along and watch.

“We’re doing our bit. It’s now us, the staff and the supporters sticking together to get us through this.

“I’ll be sat in one of the windows dishing tickets out. It should be good fun and I hope the supporters buy into it.”

There are around 4,000 ticket s left for Saturday’s game, which kicks off at 3pm.

Seats are £30 for adults, £22 for seniors/young people and £15 for juniors, except in the Family Enclosure where prices are £25, £15 and £10."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Liam Lawrence: what a HERO he is. How unselfish. Taking a wage cut: to what? Fifteen grand a week? The sacrifices these players are making are truly heartwarming.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Liam Lawrence: what a HERO he is. How unselfish. Taking a wage cut: to what? Fifteen grand a week? The sacrifices these players are making are truly heartwarming.

"We're in this together!"

Liam Lawrence yesterday, shortly after announcing he was taking a pay cut to a paltry £800,000 a year:

osborne460.jpg

Bunch of f***ing twats.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"We're in this together!"

Liam Lawrence yesterday, shortly after announcing he was taking a pay cut to a paltry £800,000 a year:

osborne460.jpg

Bunch of f***ing twats.

The irony being, of course, that Liam Lawrence's basic salary per annum is around eight times greater than that of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Even if he takes a cut to a meagre £800,000 per year, that would still put him on just short of six times more than Osbourne.

Whatever your politics, that doesn't seem quite right, does it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Honest Michael Appleton. Portsmouth Manager, got a nasty shock yesterday. Fed up with refusing to take his calls someone at the Football League finally spoke to him and passed on a few home truths about just why they would not allow Portsmouth to sign additional players willy-nilly.

It transpires that this was not just because they are in administration; nor was it just because they had "hidden" prospective first team squad players in the academy listings so that their wages didn't count in agreed operating costs; it wasn't even because none of this chicanery had prevented them from overspending on agreed wage limits; or buying players and then stiffing the selling club on the transfer fee because they never had the money to pay them with in the first place (hopefully the player's loan club will take over the debt once they sign him permanently); not even taking outstanding prospects from small clubs overseas and not bothering to pay the agreed progression payments so those clubs risk going broke.

No. It was because way back before the crooks took over when their fans will tell you that they were acting perfectly appropriately, they hadn't bothered to pay the likes of Wolves and Bristol City for transfers and match ticket sales. Even with the first year and a half of parachute money from the Premier League it seems they still haven't cleared these priority football debts! Well there's a surprise.

Seemingly "Honest Michael" wasn't told about these outstanding debts by his (now sacked) chief exec (and he clearly doesn't read NSC or he wouldn't have needed to be told). "Communication" says Honest Michael, "is key". Well actually Michael, no. Paying your way and not cheating are key!

Just wanted to let you know, that I read the information posted by you re: the 'woes' of Portsmouth FC, every day.

They are incredibly informative, detailed, interesting and give a great insight to the complete nonsense spouted by the owners, Directors, Managers, playing staff.....and so many of their 'fans'.

Thankyou very much.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just wanted to let you know, that I read the information posted by you re: the 'woes' of Portsmouth FC, every day.

They are incredibly informative, detailed, interesting and give a great insight to the complete nonsense spouted by the owners, Directors, Managers, playing staff.....and so many of their 'fans'.

Thankyou very much.
Seconded.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Thankyou very much.

Very much my pleasure - I am certain that there is still a great deal more to come out about Portsmouth. They are trying almost too hard to put everything in the court of Chanrai and Gaydamark but the corruption of Portsmouth FC began much earlier with Mandaric, Storrie, Redknapp and co. They may have beaten the rap with HMRC but they were the ones who "stole" an FA Cup from more honest rivals, stayed in the Premier League and went on tour in Europe using "dishonest" (and often non-existent) money. They set the standard to which their followers have striven to descend and in doing so they have remained in the Championship by deception and fraud alone, The extent of their malpractice and cynical manipulation of whatever rules they encounter should be a matter of public record.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The irony being, of course, that Liam Lawrence's basic salary per annum is around eight times greater than that of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Even if he takes a cut to a meagre £800,000 per year, that would still put him on just short of six times more than Osbourne.

Whatever your politics, that doesn't seem quite right, does it?
No. Something seriously wrong with the way Portsmouth have been run for a decade now...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very much my pleasure - I am certain that there is still a great deal more to come out about Portsmouth. They are trying almost too hard to put everything in the court of Chanrai and Gaydamark but the corruption of Portsmouth FC began much earlier with Mandaric, Storrie, Redknapp and co. They may have beaten the rap with HMRC but they were the ones who "stole" an FA Cup from more honest rivals, stayed in the Premier League and went on tour in Europe using "dishonest" (and often non-existent) money. They set the standard to which their followers have striven to descend and in doing so they have remained in the Championship by deception and fraud alone, The extent of their malpractice and cynical manipulation of whatever rules they encounter should be a matter of public record.

Amen brother :clap:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Google targetted ads are working for this thread , all to do with bankruptcy and writing off debts :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
With an immediate gap being created between Portsmouth and safety it is good to report that the intention of a 10 point penalty is at least working in this case.

Meanwhile it looks as if Port Vale will yet again use administration to escape liquidation in the next few days. Their fans are especially keen to utilise the "get out of jail free" card to escape their continued financial mismangement as they calculate that they have enough points already in the bag for it to effectively be meaningless.

The time has surely come when the Football League have to take much more stringent measures against clubs who repeatedly use administration as a reward for failure.

Last year they took the unprecedented step of reducing the number of substitutes allowed below the Premier League in order to reduce costs, but will the clubs have the strength to vote like turkeys for christmas at their next AGM?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells

One of the most articulate, succunct and damning posts I have read on here in years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With an immediate gap being created between Portsmouth and safety it is good to report that the intention of a 10 point penalty is at least working in this case.

Meanwhile it looks as if Port Vale will yet again use administration to escape liquidation in the next few days. Their fans are especially keen to utilise the "get out of jail free" card to escape their continued financial mismangement as they calculate that they have enough points already in the bag for it to effectively be meaningless.

The time has surely come when the Football League have to take much more stringent measures against clubs who repeatedly use administration as a reward for failure.

Last year they took the unprecedented step of reducing the number of substitutes allowed below the Premier League in order to reduce costs, but will the clubs have the strength to vote like turkeys for christmas at their next AGM?

Because Port Vale are in League 2 , I think they will be unlucky when they end up with a 17 point deduction.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Pompey fold before the end of the season is it possible we could lose out on the final play-off spot by having 6 points taken off ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
If Pompey fold before the end of the season is it possible we could lose out on the final play-off spot by having 6 points taken off ?

Not this again! Didn't we have this last season with someone who was meant to be going into administration???

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What about your average Pompey fan? I agree with severnside gull and his posts, but at the close of business here you'll have thousands of fans whose club has been taken from them. Yes they'll have to rise from the ashes again and do it the hard way life afc wimbledon, and yes they will be able to do that, but that is a long journey. I feel for them. I'd like to see justice done and I guess importantly, I'd like to see some of the names mentioned held explicitly to account for what they have done. PS - who keeps an objective eye on our books now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here