Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann potentially found

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
They may have found blood, but not sure that dogs can detect her DNA and neither did the scientists as far as I have read.

Correct - one dog found blood - but in very small quantities because the floor had been throughly cleaned - the other dog smelled cadaverine.

Cadaverine is a foul-smelling compound produced by protein hydrolysis during putrefaction of human tissue.

DNA was found in their hire car boot - but was only a partial match for Madeline - it could have been hers - or her sisters - or her mothers.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think that hasn't been reported because it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You're suggesting two parents found their child had died in an accident, and tried to cover the accident up? Why would they do that? What kind of f***ed up thought process would it be for TWO educated adults to come to the conclusion that it would be better to hide their dead child rather than say she had been involved in a tragic accident. Absurd

Because they were boozing down at the bar instead of looking after 3 children under 4. Because it wasn't just their reputations - it was also the repuatations of the other doctors there who were may or may not have been complicit in any accident (if an accident did occur).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because they were boozing down at the bar instead of looking after 3 children under 4. Because it wasn't just their reputations - it was also the repuatations of the other doctors there who were may or may not have been complicit in any accident (if an accident did occur).

I've not read the thread (my god, so many), but this has always sounded moderately plausible to me.

They absolved their paternal responsibilities for a short while, and during that time, something went horribly wrong. Theres just something inherently WEIRD about this whole case and how it subsequently played out. I can't put my finger on it, I'm not Columbo. But something about the whole thing smells, and it ain't the barbecued pilchards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Although I'm not quite buying into the "looking out of the window for her parents, falling and hitting her head" theory, thats just WAY to much conjecture and supposition. But given the circumstances, this complete vanishing act, and the media circus around it, just leaves too many questions.

D

Deleted User X18H

I've not read the thread (my god, so many), but this has always sounded moderately plausible to me.

They absolved their paternal responsibilities for a short while, and during that time, something went horribly wrong. Theres just something inherently WEIRD about this whole case and how it subsequently played out. I can't put my finger on it, I'm not Columbo. But something about the whole thing smells, and it ain't the barbecued pilchards.

We've talked about this (me and Mrs HB&B ) the distance they went from their hotel room or chalet to this resturant is the equivelent of us going to a dinner party 10 doors alongfrom us (we wouldn't their greenies) Would we leave our two oldest just over 3 and a half on their own with the doors and windows locked if we kept scurrying along the road every 15 miniutes to check. Of course we f***ing wouldn't . So to do so in a foreign country is I am afraid an absurd scenario.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Of course the person to blame is the person who took the kid. But you cant be so niave as not take precautions to reduce your risks... I am sure the the parents would not have left their wallets and mobile phones on the resturant table and gone for a walk?

There are bad people in the world....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
:facepalm:

Like I said dont go out for dinner and leave your kids alone with the window open - that might help?

Yea - apologies. Idiot was inappropriate. It is all old ground of course - but there for the grace of God where predatory snatchers are involved. They simply made an error of judgement and the punishment was not proportional. We all make mistakes - but they were the ones who got caught out. And they and their daughter paid the price.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
About 10,000 missing unfound children in these (older) stats....

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) reported on June 30, 1992 the following statistics on missing, abducted, runaway and thrownaway children for the time period June 13, 1984 through June 30, 1992.

Runaways:
Of 16,275 total cases, 14,124 were located alive and 54 deceased, leaving 2,097 unaccounted for.

Thrownaways:
No information available

Family Abductions:
Of 11,009 total cases, 5,172 were located alive and 10 deceased, leaving 5,827 unaccounted for.

Non-Family Abductions:
Of 1,378 total cases, 326 were located alive and 170 deceased, leaving 882 unaccounted for.

Lost, Injured or Otherwise Missing:
Of 1,469 total cases, 559 were located alive and 54 deceased, leaving 856 unaccounted for.

why does the mainstream media push and push just 1 girl? collecting emotional energy for the cauldron?

love to the souls of ALL these children, not just the one we are repeatedly told to morn.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yea - apologies. Idiot was inappropriate. It is all old ground of course - but there for the grace of God where predatory snatchers are involved. They simply made an error of judgement and the punishment was not proportional. We all make mistakes - but they were the ones who got caught out. And they and their daughter paid the price.

Yes, their daughter did. How many would have been prosecuted for their neglect if they were not part of the catholic mafia?

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
My daughter was working at the complex when it happened and even babysat for them as did a few others and the complex had a babysitting service for all residents.
Wasnt used by them that night though and the cafe was no distance at all and you could see the room from the cafe, no difference to you being in your back garden and your child playing on your front doorstep.
Also from Plaia De Luz there is only one long road to and from the campsite to the main road so if an abduction was planned it would have been very dangerous.
Dont think we'll never know what happened and it didnt help by the slow response by the police and the interfearence of the media trying to find suspects for stories

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
My daughter was working at the complex when it happened and even babysat for them as did a few others and the complex had a babysitting service for all residents.
Wasnt used by them that night though as the cafe was no distance at all and you could see it from the cafe, no difference to you being in your back garden and your child playing on your front doorstep.
Also from Plaia De Luz there is only one long road to and from the campsite to the main road so if an abduction was planned it would have been very dangerous.
Dont think we'll never know what happened and it didnt help by the slow response by the police and the interfearence of the media trying to find suspects for stories

That is all very well. But, what sort of parent would let their kids "play on the front doorstep" when they are in the back garden and cannot see them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is all very well. But, what sort of parent would let their kids "play on the front doorstep" when they are in the back garden and cannot see them?

Most parents every day if there hadn't been any abductions previously to make them think there was any danger. Kids can't be wrapped up in cotton wool and do go out of sight of their parents for moments. Jamie Bulger's mother turned her back for a couple of seconds in a shopping centre and he was taken. It's every parent's nightmare but it is also very rare.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Most parents every day if there hadn't been any abductions previously to make them think there was any danger. Kids can't be wrapped up in cotton wool and do go out of sight of their parents for moments. Jamie Bulger's mother turned her back for a couple of seconds in a shopping centre and he was taken. It's every parent's nightmare but it is also very rare.

Bollock! My kids were never let out of our sight if not in the back garden with the gate locked. How old was she? It is a disgrace!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

thats interesting .............so is your user name have you been there?

my thoughts exactly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here