Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Also can someone explain to me why we didn't have mad panic, lock downs, economic destruction, and masks in 2018?

Is it because the media didn't tell us too?

74d513acac415814044b0a21d42bdd48.jpg

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Wonder what will happen if the Russian vaccine turns out to be successful.

The people saying "vaccines are trouble free, should be mandatory and you are killing all the children if you dont take them" are pretty much the same kind of breed that are saying "Russia = Satan".

Swansman v Strawman

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The people saying "vaccines are trouble free, should be mandatory and you are killing all the children if you dont take them" are pretty much the same kind of breed that are saying "Russia = Satan".

You mean people who pay attention to the world and what is going on in it?

If the Russia vaccine is a success then we should include it in our options (I believe we should be sticking eggs in multiple baskets, it's not "Oxford or bust"). However, I would want it to be proven safe by the authorities in this country, not just using it because Russia says it's safe.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Melbourne man run into by police car and kicked in the head by a policeman for not wearing a mask.

[tweet]1305415408514600960[/tweet]

He’s now in an induced coma.:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09...ctoria-police-professional-standards/12661334

Australia is effectively turning into a police totalitarian state. Obscene how people are being treated. This is one of my main concerns with the way things are going, its a an easy slope for us (or anyone else) to end up similar.

See uk residents now being encouraged to grass up there neighbours if more than 6 people together. Plenty will.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You mean people who pay attention to the world and what is going on in it?

If the Russia vaccine is a success then we should include it in our options (I believe we should be sticking eggs in multiple baskets, it's not "Oxford or bust"). However, I would want it to be proven safe by the authorities in this country, not just using it because Russia says it's safe.

Nah, I mean people who just kneel for Western propaganda

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Also can someone explain to me why we didn't have mad panic, lock downs, economic destruction, and masks in 2018?

Is it because the media didn't tell us too?

74d513acac415814044b0a21d42bdd48.jpg

So you are saying if a pandemic happens we should have a lockdown?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Australia is effectively turning into a police totalitarian state. Obscene how people are being treated. This is one of my main concerns with the way things are going, its a an easy slope for us (or anyone else) to end up similar.

See uk residents now being encouraged to grass up there neighbours if more than 6 people together. Plenty will.

I think the people will revolt in this country if there is another lockdown, I certainly will. Unless there is vaccine very close any lockdown will be total ruin for the country and many others, i said it on another thread, but masks outdoors, curfews or a second total lockdown are where I will draw my limit. And I say this as someone that has followed the rules since day one of this nonsense.

I’m already absolutely appalled that they aren’t making children exempt from the rules to meet in more than groups of 6, absolutely outrageous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nah as opposed to people who actually think about who the messenger is and what narrative it wants.

what exactly is that narrative, and for what purpose?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
what exactly is that narrative, and for what purpose?

Obviously a very complex question, but the basics of it:

Western and pro-western countries are good and civilised and non-western countries are evil and brutal, so we might one day have to go there and bomb their countries, put their natural resources into the hands of our oligarchs and install a pro-western leader so that they can be as good and moral and civilised as we are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Western and pro-western countries are good and civilised and non-western countries are evil and brutal, so we might one day have to go there and bomb their countries, put their natural resources into the hands of our oligarchs and install a pro-western leader so that they can be as good and moral and civilised as we are.

ok, where does covid come into this?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

all very well ...you know who the head of the WHO is ...?? communist ,terrorist......pour qoi...??

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
ok, where does covid come into this?

Only in the sense I previously mentioned: it would be interesting to see the public reaction (and possible consequences) if the Russian vaccine was suddenly seen as the best thing since the creation of dogs. How would people ract to - perhaps mandatory - injections of "Sputnik V" after getting told throughout their lives that Russia is bad and evil?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nah, I mean people who just kneel for Western propaganda

What like "maybe we should check these new vaccines ourselves instead of just shoving them in everyone based on what Putin says"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here