Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Sky Sports reporting that his medical is taking place in Sweden
IMG_9576.jpeg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hans Solo seems to give the lad a lot of hype (which were, apologies, but TLDR as is this too! 🙂) ). However, just based on a the few promo vids posted above (which admittedly never give the whole picture) I can see some weaknesses as well as pluses -

Yalcouyé seems to have great pace and box to box stamina. Stays on his feet too so well centred and agile. Matches Mitoma in his dribbling technique which is clearly one of his key skills. His tackling is confident and well timed usually but some of them also look late - I think he would make an excellent transitional D->A player because of his dexterity and ability to change direction/feint.

On the negative side - he’s not a very bulky (so could be overpowered easily by bigger opponents) and also short which he can’t do anything about obviously, so unless he can really jump, I would also question his ability to win aerial duels.

I’d be a little concerned about his decision making too - seems a rather narrow visioned in those promos and unwilling to make long passes which might show a tendency to be selfish on the ball when progressing play. Can he score goals?

Seems like good all round midfielder and for an 18 year old oozes raw talent so excited we have signed him but not sure he‘s ready for the EPL yet - needs some more development/tactical training and maturing physically maybe first I think.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Sky Sports reporting that his medical is taking place in Sweden
Yup quite common. Sometimes long queues for these medicals in England during the summer transfer window so its outsourced everywhere.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
On the negative side - he’s not a very bulky (so could be overpowered easily by bigger opponents) and also short which he can’t do anything about obviously, so unless he can really jump, I would also question his ability to win aerial duels.
This window, we seem to be focusing heavily on blistering acceleration and close ball control rather than muscle, (though I reckon Weiffer will make a decent enforcer).

Got to remember, this is a very young player. Plenty of time for him to bulk out. He won't be a strapping 6 footer, but plenty of very good midfielders aren't.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Hans Solo seems to give the lad a lot of hype (which were, apologies, but TLDR as is this too! 🙂) ). However, just based on a the few promo vids posted above (which admittedly never give the whole picture) I can see some weaknesses as well as pluses -

Yalcouyé seems to have great pace and box to box stamina. Stays on his feet too so well centred and agile. Matches Mitoma in his dribbling technique which is clearly one of his key skills. His tackling is confident and well timed usually but some of them also look late - I think he would make an excellent transitional D->A player because of his dexterity and ability to change direction/feint.

I’d be a little concerned about his decision making too - seems a rather narrow visioned in those promos and unwilling to make long passes which might show a tendency to be selfish on the ball when progressing play. Can he score goals?

Seems like good all round midfielder and for an 18 year old oozes raw talent so excited we have signed him but not sure he‘s ready for the EPL yet - needs some more development/tactical training and maturing physically maybe first I think.
He’s physically quite similar to Kante and he’s done alright. But unless he’s literally the new Kante I agree he’ll need some time. Fortunately he’s coming to the right club for that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looks fantastic. Similar to Baleba in many ways; positionally of course, but both look explosive, like to run with the ball and put in a challenge and hugely inexperienced. I can’t see room for the two of them in our first team squad this season. I predict a loan

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This window, we seem to be focusing heavily on blistering acceleration and close ball control rather than muscle, (though I reckon Weiffer will make a decent enforcer).

Got to remember, this is a very young player. Plenty of time for him to bulk out. He won't be a strapping 6 footer, but plenty of very good midfielders aren't.
And lets not forget Tariq Lamptey's brutal assault on Mykhailo Mudryk last season.

Underestimate the little guy at your own peril...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here