Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it shows how far we've come that even without Murray and Painter, we have ready-made replacements to slot in.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well he wasn't lying down when stretchered off, I expect El Abd will shift to his position.

Oh I do hope not. I admit I've never been a great El Abd fan, but respect where it's due, he's playing very well in the centre alongside Tommy. However, he doesn't fill me with confidence playing right or left back.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Knee ligaments expected to be out rest of this season start of next!.

And your source is??

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He played perfectly well at left-back earlier this season.

I've not got too many worries.

He did ok, but I don't think he is, by any means a ready made replacement for Painter.
It's no coincidence that we stopped shipping goals when Gus got in a proper Left back & right back.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think it shows how far we've come that even without Murray and Painter, we have ready-made replacements to slot in.

If Painter is not available on Monday, we do not have a left back in the squad.

McNulty cannot be recalled in the first month of his loan, Wright is on a half season loan, so there is no recall available.

So I would guess El-Abd will go to left back and Virgo will play in the centre of defence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

McNulty cannot be recalled in the first month of his loan, Wright is on a half season loan, so there is no recall available.

So I would guess El-Abd will go to left back and Virgo will play in the centre of defence.

McNulty's loan is only a month.

He MIGHT be able to be re-called. :shrug:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Exactly. I had every faith in you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here