Martyn Blyth - RIP

SarahBlyth

Jul 6, 2010
brighton
Dad

Hiya, pics are on -www.photobucket.com
username:sarahblythpics
password:blyth1986

just got back from the usa now trying to organise the uk service so will keep everyone posted...

Sarah Blyth x

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Turning up 30 years late is about right for Sussex Plod.

And If they do pitch up surely we can remember what to do ?

Batten down the hatches, splice the mainbrace and defend The Alamo (Roddy's place) to the death.

Bags I be Davy Crocket.

As for you Dodge Rocks (where the hell did you get that from ? At least the initials are right,) oh (by far) eldest daughter, if you don't turn up on the 31st, I will immediately stop all maintenance cheques.

I would like to clarify here that you were not "outside Marylebone police station on the Edgware Road" because you had just been released for nefarious activities and that it just happened to be near to the station from Swindon, (now there's another story !)

I do indeed remember the girl guide party, I thought Plod would at least have tried a bit harder as these kids must have been scared silly, but hey, we are talking about the Met here, too busy tearing around in Ford Granadas and Capris and growing sideburns to do any real work.

As for freezing on the way back from Chesterfield, I bet it was not as brassy as Sunderland away for your 18th, 2 - 0 to the blues, Norman Piper ruled, the Roker roar frightened the life out of us and a huge round of applause for the Albion from the home fans when they came out for the 2nd half. "We appreciate good football up here," or words to that effect said the Wearsider next to us. I had never felt so proud of my Albion. Stopped up with Tony Coleman at Darlo, long journey with Eric the toothless one, (anyone remember his surname?), Graham Ware and was it Steve West or Mudgie ?

Roddy, if Lizzie is coming along, best order another two cases of dry white.

This could get crowded, to increase space, best we invade and commandeer Orange Square, reduce it to rubble and remind ourselves what the East Terrace looked like.

Reevesy

South Standers did it standing up.

An important question for you sir. On the 31st what time is the earliest pub open in HH nowadays....am guessing 10am? or maybeez they are all 11am
Geoffers

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
Orange square? Me not understand! this is what?

Orange Square is the gaff next door to Roddy’s part owned by Counc Gary Wall.

I was thinking more in line of a pre match lunch in the rec along the lines of a picnic on an old squared rug, pate on toast for starters, cucumber sandwiches with edges cut off then strawberries and cream all washed down with a flask of tea.

I am sure Jeeves could fix something up.

Or we could just go to the chippy.

Reevesy

Time to grow old disgracefully.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Orange Square is the gaff next door to Roddy’s part owned by Counc Gary Wall.

I was thinking more in line of a pre match lunch in the rec along the lines of a picnic on an old squared rug, pate on toast for starters, cucumber sandwiches with edges cut off then strawberries and cream all washed down with a flask of tea.

I am sure Jeeves could fix something up.

Or we could just go to the chippy.

Reevesy

Sounds utterly spiffing old chap, rather...though i may have a pimms

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Pimms it is old bean, toodle pip.

Just watch for the spirit of Manatee lacing it with whisky.

Again.

o yar, for sure old chap. Actually I aint had a beer for about 12 weeks, so will have to take it easy??? best bet is i put in some pre-31st practice sessions

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
how are the walks going?:thumbsup:

Good thanks. A case of move over Daley Thompson and enter Daley Fryup! just back from a 4 mile cycle/2 mile walk. First time i did it i was bloody cream crackered and it took 56 mins to complete. today i knocked 5 mins of that- weigh in time today. ta for the pm mate

dodge rocks

May 1, 2009
As for you Dodge Rocks (where the hell did you get that from ? At least the initials are right,) oh (by far) eldest daughter, if you don't turn up on the 31st, I will immediately stop all maintenance cheques.

I would like to clarify here that you were not "outside Marylebone police station on the Edgware Road" because you had just been released for nefarious activities and that it just happened to be near to the station from Swindon, (now there's another story !)

I do indeed remember the girl guide party, I thought Plod would at least have tried a bit harder as these kids must have been scared silly, but hey, we are talking about the Met here, too busy tearing around in Ford Granadas and Capris and growing sideburns to do any real work.

As for freezing on the way back from Chesterfield, I bet it was not as brassy as Sunderland away for your 18th, 2 - 0 to the blues, Norman Piper ruled, the Roker roar frightened the life out of us and a huge round of applause for the Albion from the home fans when they came out for the 2nd half. "We appreciate good football up here," or words to that effect said the Wearsider next to us. I had never felt so proud of my Albion. Stopped up with Tony Coleman at Darlo, long journey with Eric the toothless one, (anyone remember his surname?), Graham Ware and was it Steve West or Mudgie ?

Roddy, if Lizzie is coming along, best order another two cases of dry white.

T

South Standers did it standing up.[/QUOTE]

Dodge is Paul Rogers..and he rocks! Wish you hadn't asked?!
I'll be there on the 31st and better make it vodka....That Sunderland away game, what a laugh, left from the Pilgrim at closing if I remember in a BVH van which we had to peel all the BVH signs off to avoid it being bricked in S'land. Darlo for breakfast (took the Feethams end too..albeit at 10 in the morning courtesy of Tony!) Cannot remember Eric's surname or who else was in the car but Wondrous Stories by Yes will always remind me of the journey! And it was the coldest I have ever been at a game!!! Sunderland fans were ace, I'm sure we were in the Roker end because I remember 100's of them singing "there's only one United and they're bottom of the league..Newcastle, Newcastle!" As it happens we came away having gone top of the league...happy days..See you all Sat

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
Dodge Rocks wrote :-

Dodge is Paul Rogers..and he rocks! Wish you hadn't asked?!
I'll be there on the 31st and better make it vodka....

Roddy,

Lizzie says make it two cases of vodka.

Reevesy

Time to grow old disgracefully

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
Dodge Rocks wrote : -

I'm sure we were in the Roker end because I remember 100's of them singing "there's only one United and they're bottom of the league..Newcastle, Newcastle!"

No we were in the open end and that is why it was so flipping cold, wind coming right in off the North Sea. I remember stopping in S'land for a Harry Nash and leaving Tony Coare behind, next thing he was running along the road shouting "Come Back you B%s%rds at the top of his voice and getting some very strange looks from the locals, who probably could not understand a word he was yelling. Mind you, I have never seen him move so fast before or since.

As for the Wearsiders singing that song, you were still laughing when I dropped you off at Kings Cross the next morning.

SarahBlyth

Jul 6, 2010
brighton
Dads Uk service

Heya everyone!

Looking forward to next weekend!! Just to let you all know the Uk service will be on the 8th August at the Burlington hotel in Worthing time will be confirmed but were looking at around lunchtime!!! Hope you can make it let me know so I can start getting numbers together.

Sarah xxx

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
An important question for you sir. On the 31st what time is the earliest pub open in HH nowadays....am guessing 10am? or maybeez they are all 11am
Geoffers

here is an embarrassing memory. so much so i may well quit now...went to a midweek game at old den. got on train with a couple of Millwall guys, including sir you know who! when arrived in London i went on a solo piss-up and ended up, rather pissed sitting on pavement outside pub by the den. enter. entered pub, wearing jacket with Brighton Rock chalked over back... can recall the look i got now...and out of the massed ranks of Millwall fan appearers John Donahue...." dont worry guys he is with me" lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here