Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCormack to Palace for £1M

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh in that case, it's a fact that Heskey, Owen, Seedorf, Judge, Shorey, Trotter, Kacaniklic and Gary Gardner have all signed for Brighton and will be announced in a huge breaking news conference.

Deluded Palace fans eh :lolol:

Had any of those players been posted by the only genuinely "in the know" poster around, they might be.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Steve Parish has already said that the fee was not £400k. Like most, you're simply guessing. Why would we accept less than was offered in January? That'd be silly.

Do you have any press reports to back up that figure? The People reported the McCormack deal and valued Sean's transfer at £900k.

We're going to be a very upset bunch when all of these top class players decide that we're a "little club" half way through contract talks.

:ffsparr:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Vicente has just had his 31st Birthday, though most would say Danny Murphy at 35 is a good addition in this league as Jason Roberts also proved to be....Old? I dont think so. The McCormack to Palace RUMOUR may be true but its about as well substantiated as the Zaha to West Ham RUMOUR, if both come off in your favour that will be positive, if they both go the other way, which they could with player power????

You obvoiusly want us to fear Palace, to try and talk us with your empty words into some kind of Palace dominated subserviance but really we don't fear you 1 bit, times have changed, you just fail to grasp this new reality. Youre not the club you once were either in a higher league or with a much bigger budget we couldnt compete against, youre not feared, you have been going backwards for ages. After being unable to compete with you because of off field problems, and then overtaking you on and off the field, it will nice watching your attempts to try and reel in your rival with more than empty rhetoric.

good luck

You keep clutching at those straws Pete, keep telling yourself the above and in the end your start to believe it. The reality is we are now similar sized clubs but you have a better stadium and more plastic fans. Our stadium will be improved on in the near future but at the end of the day, football is won on the pitch not off it. Keep mocking our 17th place finish but this league is so tight and it only takes 2 or 3 signings that work out to change a team from mid-lower table to play off contenders. I think next year we will both be around the same part of the table, 5th-10th. What you don't have though is the level of young talent that we do and this both in the short term and long term will keep us at least on a level playing field with you, that I have no doubt.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Utter superiority on and off the pitch. At least, that was for TWENTY FIVE YEARS. The next 10 years were down to financial mismanagement, for which we were seriously punished but thankfully recovered from.

Seriously punished :lolol: Good one :thumbsup:

Can I just ask: if you go into administration a third time, do you get to keep the trophy?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Utter superiority on and off the pitch. At least, that was for TWENTY FIVE YEARS. The next 10 years were down to financial mismanagement, for which we were seriously punished but thankfully recovered from.

Or constantly living above your means, which after years of doing so finally mounted to unpayable debts?

Keep bragging about how you achieve your success.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Jon Williams, Wilfried Zaha, Kyle De Silva, Reise Allesani, Ghassimu Sow and about 10 other future stars in the Palace academy at the moment beg to differ.

Quite how you think the future is yours when you aren't capable of producing top class talent for yourself is beyond me.

Adam elAbd, Lewis Dunk, Tommy Elphick, Jake Forster-Caskey, Toby Agdestein...............................................

You've never made a point yet that you couldn't lose have you :)

Sad really. I can see why BBS doesn't miss you

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Had any of those players been posted by the only genuinely "in the know" poster around, they might be.

Your source is one person and a news paper, I bet he never said anything about it before it was reported in the news paper though did he :lolol:

McCormack will not go to you :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What about Forster-Caskey, Grant Hall, Shamir Goodwin and the young'uns in the Development squad? At least the first three have had premiership interest (Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool)

If you're seriously suggesting that any of those compare to the sort of talent coming out of our academy you're nuts.
Victor Moses has been the subject of 2 bids from Chelsea in this transfer window. He will leave Wigan (we'll get about a million from the sell-on fee we have) for the Champions League winners.
Wilfried Zaha has been the subject of bids from Newcastle, Liverpool and Bolton. Newcastle finished 5th in the Premiership last season.
Jon Williams was the subject of a bid from Arsenal a year or two ago (before he made his debut). Apparently they're still very interested, and I'm sure he'll be just as good as Zaha/Moses albeit in midfield rather than a winger.
Nathaniel Clyne is currently deciding between signing for Man United or Newcastle. The teams that finished 2nd and 5th in the Premiership.

So, in FOUR YEARS, Palace have produced 4 genuine top class players. One will be playing for the Champions League winners, one will be playing for Man United/Newcastle and two will be with us for a little while longer before being sold to the top of the Premiership too.
Somehow I don't think this Forster-Casket chap will do anywhere near as well.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Williams has been injured once. How does that make him injury prone?
Zaha is not off. Where is your evidence for that?
McCormack hasn't signed, you're right, but we've had a bid accepted
Aluka hasn't signed, but we're in talks. Hopefully he will.

31 is quite old for an outfield player. You have the cheek to call Williams injury prone and then praise Vicente?!

Where have I praised Vicente? Do they not have schools in Croydon?

Ok well Williams has been injured for 7 months, no doubt will get injured again. I'll wait to call him injury prone then!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Your source is one person and a news paper, I bet he never said anything about it before it was reported in the news paper though did he :lolol:

McCormack will not go to you :lolol:

He did, actually. He didn't mention McCormack, but he said a few days ago that we had bid £1m for a striker and it was accepted.

I look forward to seeing you eat those words if he does sign. I suppose you don't believe because Brighton wouldn't be able to sign a player like him. Understandable, really.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Jon Williams, Wilfried Zaha, Kyle De Silva, Reise Allesani, Ghassimu Sow and about 10 other future stars in the Palace academy at the moment beg to differ.

Quite how you think the future is yours when you aren't capable of producing top class talent for yourself is beyond me.

Future stars :lol: you know full the ONLY thing you have over us for now is your academy which isn't half as good as you think it is. Southampton's is light years ahead of yours, maybe that's why we have employed the man who set it up to set ours up. If we can produce jfc (England u16 captain) now I'd say the future for our academy looks good

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Where have I praised Vicente? Do they not have schools in Croydon?

Ok well Williams has been injured for 7 months, no doubt will get injured again. I'll wait to call him injury prone then!

Williams hasn't been picking up niggling injuries or anything like that, he had his leg snapped. That's not being injury prone, that's just bad luck.

He recovered from his broken leg in 4 months and played again before the end of the season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Future stars :lol: you know full the ONLY thing you have over us for now is your academy which isn't half as good as you think it is. Southampton's is light years ahead of yours, maybe that's why we have employed the man who set it up to set ours up. If we can produce jfc (England u16 captain) now I'd say the future for our academy looks good

Ooooh England u16 captain? How wonderful. We currently have the England u17 captain and he isn't even close to being our best youth product.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He did, actually. He didn't mention McCormack, but he said a few days ago that we had bid £1m for a striker and it was accepted.

I look forward to seeing you eat those words if he does sign. I suppose you don't believe because Brighton wouldn't be able to sign a player like him. Understandable, really.

I don't know whether he will sign for you or not, but to suggest we "can't sign a player like him" is madness. We have a player who has 30 caps for Spain ffs.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

So McCormack is a better signing than Vicente or Kusczack. Righto :rotlf:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Adam elAbd, Lewis Dunk, Tommy Elphick, Jake Forster-Caskey, Toby Agdestein...............................................

You've never made a point yet that you couldn't lose have you :)

Sad really. I can see why BBS doesn't miss you

Zags, Clyne, Williams...El Abd, Elpick, Foster-Caskey

That's the equivalent of comparing Gold with dog shit

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
It could only be for money if he goes to Palace.

CPFC2010 have already admitted that they wasted £4 million shoring up crumbling Palace last season. And it would've been even more had they not had their cup run.

Despite this, they will be following the perennial Palace business model of throwing good money after bad.
Last season refers to 10/11.

The club ran at about £1m deficit last season.

Sale of Zaha or Williams at the season end and the money comes back covering the money they've spent.

This deal is almost done by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here