upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Joel Lumeya – Crystal Palace
Jahmal Munde – Crystal Palace
Mandela Egbo – Crystal Palace

It's what happens in an ethnic area. Hopefully it brings more ethnic minority fans to actually attend games instead of a Sky Season Ticket.

Not like zahahaha then

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Having said that people who need to post on an opposition club message board gloating bout how many England Under 21 players they have really need to take a long hard look at themselves

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
There is some real drivel on here about Palace.

They played some dire football last year, finished below us, and aren't getting good crowds.

BUT: McCormack would be a great signing, several on here are so jealous that Palace are having the audacity to bid for good players that they need to mock their financial position. Not sure why those people don't think it's cost us a small fortune turning the Amex into a great stadium and just assume we'll be turning a profit straight away.

Some people need to wake up and see that, although Palace have relatively poor crowds at the moment and a crap stadium, they are quietly going about their business in a sensible manner and have a pretty decent chance of a reasonable finish this year - maybe even above us! Let's hope it doesn't come to that though...

I take off my cap to you sir.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The funniest thing about these binfests with Palace, is that they harp on about how good most of their players are... and how s*** ours are... citing examples of why etc. and yet they finished so far down the league and way behind us?

When we then question if its Dougie's fault that this collection of world class players have underperformed, we get told that he is actually a really good bright young manager and Poyet is all talk and actually rubbish.

So the players are fantastic, Dougie is a great young up and coming manager... so their SHOCKING points tally must be down to the refs not giving them ANY decisions at all last season, right?

Or is that most of the Palace fans on here are actually talking bollox?

Yup - thought so

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ah, which is why you've never been in financial difficulties then. Oh wait! :lol:

Keep harping on about the past it just shows you have no comeback. Oh, sorry I forgot the shiny new wonky stadium and 22,000 fans, 16,000 of which are plastic or JCL's. You must be SO PROUD

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Keep harping on about the past it just shows you have no comeback. Oh, sorry I forgot the shiny new wonky stadium and 22,000 fans, 18,000 of which are plastic or JCL's. You must be SO PROUD

And you don't bang on about the last 35 years do you?

Funny that, it being in the past

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
The funniest thing about these binfests with Palace, is that they harp on about how good most of their players are... and how s*** ours are... citing examples of why etc. and yet they finished so far down the league and way behind us?

When we then question if its Dougie's fault that this collection of world class players have underperformed, we get told that he is actually a really good bright young manager and Poyet is all talk and actually rubbish.

So the players are fantastic, Dougie is a great young up and coming manager... so their SHOCKING points tally must be down to the refs not giving them ANY decisions at all last season, right?

Or is that most of the Palace fans on here are actually talking bollox?

Yup - thought so

You're forgetting that they're the ONLY team that gets injuries. And their extended cup run.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some people need to wake up and see that, although Palace have relatively poor crowds at the moment and a crap stadium, they are quietly going about their business in a sensible manner and have a pretty decent chance of a reasonable finish this year - maybe even above us! Let's hope it doesn't come to that though...

I haven't seen much in the way of argument for most of what you say but based on past history I think the main point of contention is the part I have highlighted.

Clearly Palace fans posting on a Brighton forum need support for their view being the right view and I am sure they are appreciative that you have chosen to do so :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You realise that the squads change after seasons don't you? Inniss and King are graduating to U18 Academy level this season (2nd years), so they are low level U19s. However, with the invite that has been extended to Palace to join the U21 Premier Academy League, they won't be needed in the U18s.

However, we've had 3 more kids invited to join the England U16 camp this season.
You do realise not every player that represents England at u16s -u21s automatically happens to be a top player? Of course you don't because that doesn't fit your argument. The way you all Gabon about these kids is as if they are all full on international's. :ffs:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You do realise not every player that represents England at u16s -u21s automatically happens to be a top player? Of course you don't because that doesn't fit your argument. The way you all Gabon about these kids is as if they are all full on international's. :ffs:

They may well be. They're bloody good. However, they're quite young yet so we'll have to wait and see :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
There is some real drivel on here about Palace.

They played some dire football last year, finished below us, and aren't getting good crowds.

BUT: McCormack would be a great signing, several on here are so jealous that Palace are having the audacity to bid for good players that they need to mock their financial position. Not sure why those people don't think it's cost us a small fortune turning the Amex into a great stadium and just assume we'll be turning a profit straight away.

Good post.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can I ask people to keep within the bounds of decency on this thread, otherwise it will be locked and I shall start throwing cards around.

Ta

x

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Keep harping on about the past it just shows you have no comeback. Oh, sorry I forgot the shiny new wonky stadium and 22,000 fans, 16,000 of which are plastic or JCL's. You must be SO PROUD

Unreal. All you plebs do is talk about history, yet when we mention it it's irrelevant :lolol: that seems fair? And for the record I'm very proud of my club, who wouldn't be?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Number 2 goalkeeper? Surely you mean number 4? De Gea, Lindegaard and Ben Amos all played ahead of him.
Vicente in his current state isn't worth £1m. That bid also was a lot less than £31m as it was actually in euro's. Also, that was before his career ending injury and while he was still a Spain player.
A striker who it turns out is actually a bit shit. Yeah.

Very impressive list mate.

Let's have a little look here shall we

Ben Amos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - First team appearances = 1

Anders Lindegaard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - First team appearances = 8

And De Gea is number 1.

Kuszczak played for United over 30 times.

Now Vicente, Valencia's Vicente: Real Madrid offered £31m for me in 2004 - Goal.com

Vicente in his current state isn't worth £1m? You're right, he's probably worth £2m-£3m the way he's played lately.

Career ending injury? Well that's funny considering how Vicente is still currently playing competitive football today.

I'm looking forward to your reply, this time, try not to make a complete twat out of yourself :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Let's have a little look here shall we

Ben Amos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - First team appearances = 1

Anders Lindegaard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - First team appearances = 8

And De Gea is number 1.

Kuszczak played for United over 30 times.

Now Vicente, Valencia's Vicente: Real Madrid offered £31m for me in 2004 - Goal.com

Vicente in his current state isn't worth £1m? You're right, he's probably worth £2m-£3m the way he's played lately.

Career ending injury? Well that's funny considering how Vicente is still currently playing competitive football today.

I'm looking forward to your reply, this time, try not to make a complete twat out of yourself :lolol:

If he has gone from Spain international to Brighton player, it was a career ending injury. How many games do you think he will play next season? 5? 10?

Kuzszkakackakck was on loan at Watford last season, now he plays for you. He is an average Championship keeper. Not impressed.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's amazed me how this thread has got to 11 pages....could be 25 by midnight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here